[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Overwhelming stuttering
It is currently 22 May 2024, 16:23
 Post subject: Overwhelming stuttering
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 07:52 

05 Jul 2012, 07:10

Greetings from Mexico. So, I have just started playing this game and I have found it so amazing that, despite MASSIVE stuttering every so often and some other things, I have kept on playing non-stop, but still I would like to find a way to fix such issues, should it be possible. I shall now explain.

I have detected massive video stuttering while walking in the following areas:
- Muzzle park
- all along the railway
- warehouses
- Cemetery
- all around the train station

Sometimes yellow and strange lines appear, for no apparent reason, on the ground surface when I fire my revolver

I have also had a few (few enough not to drive me insane) game crashes followed by some sort of blue screen of death. I'm currently playing with the following settings:

Resolution = 1024x768
Color quality = 32
Refresh rate = default
VSync = on
Antialiasing = 2x
Detail objets = on
Distance = 20
Anisotropic filtering = 1
Texture quality = high
Lightmap quality = high
Texture compression = on
Bump-mapping = on
Decor = on
Water reflectiones = on

If i hit autodetect it sets everyting on the lowest possible options which is just unacceptable, really :evil:

I have no idea why this happens since my computer is fairly not-so-old and was able to run games such as both Dead Space and F.E.A.R. 2 on highest specs, though I had some similar issues when playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC. My system specs are as follows:

Alienware M15x
Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz - Max turbo frequency 2.80GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M (1024 MB)
6GB DDR3

Plase oh pleaaaaaaaase help me, I WILL complete the game, I would just like not having visual parkinson's by the time I'm through with it :?

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 11:36 

03 Oct 2009, 19:00

I've still got a little stuttering but turning grass off removed the worst of it. That and the flickering when using the oil lamp/firing weapons. That's on an ATI card.

On an older Nvidia there's a little stutter but no other problems.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 19:24 

10 Mar 2012, 10:14

It seems to me that you have problems not because your computer is obsolete, but, on the contrary, is too new for this game. The game itself is quite old.

Possibly, the video card and its drivers is the cause of your problem and there`s nothing you can do with it, unfortunately.

I, personally, upgraded my computer three times by installing a newer video card, and every time it refused to play some old games, so, the only way to play them was to place back the old video card.

I could advise you to try different video settings and driver settings. If this doesn`t help, the only way is to play the game on an older computer or to install an older video card.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2012, 21:42 

05 Jul 2012, 07:10

That sounds rather discouraging XD. I'm gonna try and run it in an older PC I have, though I think that one is too old so it seems I might be stuck at the the extremes. In the worst case scenario, would you happen to know if there is any way to emulate an older graphic card in my current PC?

-UPDATE-

So I checked a little about that graphic card emulation thing y downloaded 3D-Analyze, graphics look slightly less defined but stuttering seems to have stopped completely (so far, only tested it for a while though) so, despite a small drop in quality the playability of the game has improved dramatically. Anyone with similar issues should perhaps try this and see if it works.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 06:48 

19 Aug 2012, 04:21

I realize that I'm probably too late for you who've already posted, but this should help anyone who's still playing and experiences stuttering.

Turn off Vsync. The game appears to have problems limiting itself to 60 FPS and gets jumpy when it should not. Without it I get some screen tearing, but screen tearing isn't really a big problem and it's nowhere near as bad as the stuttering! I also must say that getting ~300 FPS instead of limiting things to 60 also makes the imagetrail, the blur that appears when I take damage or my infection grows, look much better.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 11:41 

21 Nov 2007, 15:50

Quote:
Resolution = 1024x768
Color quality = 32
Refresh rate = default
VSync = on
Antialiasing = 2x
Detail objets = on
Distance = 20
Anisotropic filtering = 1
Texture quality = high
Lightmap quality = high
Texture compression = on
Bump-mapping = on
Decor = on
Water reflectiones = on
You can try adding "FrameSync = 1".

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable