[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Classic HD - Where is Murky?
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:11
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2015, 22:14 

20 Nov 2015, 22:10

I'm playing Pathologic Classic HD and have managed to keep everyone alive up to day 12, not including Eva Yann and Big Vlad who I think die no matter what you do, as Bachelor at least. I want to side with the Haruspex and destroy the Polyhedron, but he isn't showing up at the Cathedral. This is presumably because he wants me to make sure all his Bound are alive, and one of them - Murky - I've never even heard of before. All the rest are fine. Where is Murky? Hopefully he'll just be sick and I can heal him with a panacea.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 22:32 

03 Mar 2015, 21:01

Привет из Москвы!

Могу я задать вам вопрос?

Когда я играл первый раз за Бакалавра, я пытался любой ценой спасти Многогранник из-за уникальных особенностей этого строения.

Почему вы решили поддержать Гаруспика и разрушить Многогранник?

Что касается «Murky», из-за странного перевода, я даже представить не могу, кто это может быть.

Приближённые Гаруспика: Хан, Капелла, Мишка, Ноткин, Спичка, Ласка, Тая Тычик. Я встречался с каждым из них, когда играл я за Бакалавра. Кто их них «Murky», я не знаю...

Возможно, это могла бы быть Мишка? Она живёт в стороне от города, почти в Степи, в заброшенном товарном вагоне на железнодорожной станции.

Greetings from Moscow!

May I ask you a question?

When I played the game for the first time as The Bachelor, I tried to save The Polyhedron at all costs for the unique properties of this structure.

Why have you decided to support the Haruspex and destroy the Polyhedron?

As to “Murky”, for the weird translation, I cannot even imagine, who can it be.

Haruspex`s Bounds are: Khan, Capella, Mishka, Notkin, Spichka, Laska, Taya Tychik. I met each of them, when I played as The Bachelor. Who of them is “Murky” I don`t know...

Perhaps, it could be Mishka? She lives aside of the town, almost in The Steppe, in an abandoned freight railway car at the railway terminal.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 01:55 

In my opinion the Bachelor was much too obsessed with overcoming laws of nature for its own sake; there was no value in keeping the Polyhedron, it was just a symbol. I think the Bachelor needed to believe that human ability could defeat facts of existence as otherwise his entire life's work would be invalidated and all his peers who mocked him for his research would have been proven correct. When he heard about the immortal Simon Kain he thought he had found evidence for his fringe-science, but almost as though there was higher powers working against him the man dies the very day before his arrival. I think this and his continuous failure to stop the plague lead him to becoming quite jaded. He wasn't the same person he was on Day 1. Come Day 12 he was grasping for some purpose, for something to validate why he came to the town and something positive to bring out of it. He saw a chance in the Polyhedron. He let himself be manipulated by the Kains and their Utopist ideals just because he desperately wanted to believe in it. I think the fact he learns his entire existence is as a toy doll given sentience by saddened children - The Powers That Be - definitely urged him to do 'the impossible' solely to spite them and assure himself that he possesses free will.

I was going to finish with the Bachelor's ending just because I was role-playing as him, but that end-game talk with the Tragedian and the Executor at the Theatre made me reconsider. I decided then I was going to do what I would do, as the game was now talking directly to me, the player, and so I did what I regard as the most practical thing. The Polyhedron is interesting but ultimately worthless. The Bachelor's ending is like saving a beautiful work of art in a house-fire but letting everything else burn, whereas the Haruspex's ending is like saving the house and letting the art burn. I think the latter is preferable. Plus I didn't entirely trust the Kains but thought the Inquisitor was trustworthy. As for the Changeling's ending, it seemed too good to be true. Either there's some hidden cost or it wouldn't work as well as she thought. I wasn't willing to risk it.

I never found Murky but it turns out he must have been okay because I was able to get the Haruspex's ending. I think it was probably Mishka because I don't recall ever encountering a child in that area.

I did savescum afterwards and see each ending and I still think the Haruspex's is best. I noted a lack of adults in the Changeling's ending although that may mean nothing. I haven't played her yet. As for the Bachelor's ending the aftermath looked much more ominous and bleak than utopian.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 01:16 

03 Mar 2015, 21:01

Привет из Москвы!

Благодарю вас за развёрнутый ответ. Это было очень интересно.

Полагаю, вы ещё не играли за Гаруспика?

Все приближённые Гаруспика – дети, а Мишка, несмотря на её странное имя, - маленькая девочка.
В сценарии Бакалавра вам не нужно слишком много общаться с ней, тогда как в сценарии Гаруспика она – довольно важный персонаж.
Тем не менее, если вы играете за Бакалавра и хотите поддержать Гаруспика, вам обязательно нужно навестить Мишку и выяснить, всё ли у неё в порядке.

Greetings from Moscow!

Thank you for the detailed answer. It was very interesting.

I guess, you haven`t played as The Haruspex yet?

All the Haruspex`s Bounds are children, and Mishka, despite her strange name, is a little girl.
In The Bachelor`s scenario you don`t have to communicate with her too much, whereas in Haruspex`s scenario she is quite an important character.
Nevertheless, if you are playing as The Bachelor and want to support The Haruspex, you have to visit Mishka and find out, whether she is all right.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 21:29 

No, I haven't played the Haruspex yet but I'm planning to do so soon. It's odd that all his Bound are children. I wonder why. I'll probably find out.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable