[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Remake Soundtrack worse than the original?
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:57
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 23:20 

26 Jan 2011, 05:44

As I'm sure many of you remember, the soundtrack was one of its biggest strengths of the original Pathologic - its surreal sounds were not only haunting, but incredibly unique (horns, tribal voices, bull noises), contributing a great deal to the game's identity. Hearing it continously really added to the horror and sense of urgency that set it apart from everything else.

Now I know that the developers said changes would come with the remake, with the HD version aiming to satisfy those opposing them. However, I was hoping that those of you who have played or at least watched playthroughs of the new Marble Nest demo would express their opinion regarding the soundtrack here. Personally, I found the new music to be much more generic - while in the old one I could have goosebumps while doing nothing special in the town, here I didn't feel any emotion due to sound alone at all. It feels like I could have found myself in pretty much any other dark game as far as music goes - seeing how important that aspect is for setting the game's strange atmosphere, I can only hope that things will change until launch. It doesn't help that the score is much more minimalistic either; there are numerous moments where you can barely hear anything - instead of the constant tension of the original, here the game feels empty.

Granted, the game keeps the same superb writing and the technological improvement is being put to good use. I will support the developers regardless, but I was wondering what you all thought regarding the demo's soundtrack.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable