[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Found demo on Gamespot
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:11
 Post subject: Found demo on Gamespot
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2006, 07:51 

02 Apr 2006, 07:38

I found the English demo for Pathalogic on Gamepot.
The only game that comes close to the experience I had playing this game, is Omikron The Nomad Soul. But, even so, this game is unique. Although I must arrogantly say the graphics engine seems dated. Non-the-less it looks good for a 2001-2003 title. So, I was wondering when the game started in development? Personaly, had I had the option, I would have gone with the Half-Life 2 engine. This game comes pretty close to that, but not quite. Obviously, it doesnt seem to need a powerful PC to play though.

Anyway, well playing the demo, Im just lost. Im totally confused as to whats going on and what I should do. But it was fun wandering around the town at least. I like the real-time effects. And that hellish orange glow in the one infected area of town. This game is spooky.

P.S. Is it possible to interact with the dancers at the tavern, LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2006, 16:44 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

The development took three years in total and started in 2002, if I am not mistaken. An engine was created by the programmers just for this game and was pretty "old". A year ago the game required good computer as the engine is not optimized as well as Source while it is not as good as the Source too. But now "good" computer itself is a little better:).

P.S. District you mentioned is called "boarded-up/locked-up district", the "infected district" is the one with the disease inside.

Last edited by Halfgild Wynac on 03 Apr 2006, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 05:27 

02 Apr 2006, 07:38

Still, though the graphics aren't amazing, they are passing too me.
Allthough, I would have liked to see a lot more detail in models and textures.
What really matters is the gameplay. And this game is a unique one.
If the game proves to be a gem on the gameplay side, I might consider buying it in the future.

Actually, how big world-wise, will the full game be? The size of a island, a whole world, or is it all a mystery to be found out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 20:14 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
Actually, how big world-wise, will the full game be? The size of a island, a whole world, or is it all a mystery to be found out?
The world of the game is represented by a town with the surrounding steppe area. You can compare it size-wise with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, only the town in Pathologic seems bigger, and better detailed.

---- Alexander Pope

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable