[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Buying Pathologic?
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:22
 Post subject: Buying Pathologic?
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 05:53 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

What I want to know is this: will me buying Pathologic contribute to the future success of Ice-Pick Lodge? I usually buy new games and download older because there are no new copies of it being made, so buying it would probably just make som store sell their last batch, or maybe make a private person a bit richer. I want to support the team, but would rather do this by donating money than buying a product that is not produced anymore. Any faults in my, um, path of logic? :wink:

Post subject: Re: Buying Pathologic?
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 19:38 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
What I want to know is this: will me buying Pathologic contribute to the future success of Ice-Pick Lodge? I usually buy new games and download older because there are no new copies of it being made, so buying it would probably just make som store sell their last batch, or maybe make a private person a bit richer. I want to support the team, but would rather do this by donating money than buying a product that is not produced anymore. Any faults in my, um, path of logic? :wink:
Well, usually, buying the product does support us, but in this case it won't do any difference - this will only affect your local publisher's wealth. (Azureus is a good Bittorrent client ;) ) Since our new game is close to being done, you might consider waiting for it instead.
We're really grateful for your proposal to donate, but please, don't. ) Just buy the next game, when it's available, if you'll still feel the urge to support us. )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 23:53 

Good to know, and I already played Pathologic so I'll be the first one to order Tension.

Btw, I already played with the Bachelor, should I move on to Devotress or is there a reason why her game is locked from the beginning, meaning that I should play with Haruspicus before her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 14:48 

26 Nov 2006, 12:07

On a tangentially related topic, I've seen Pathologic in physical stores in Australia for the first time last weekend (wow, way too many prepositions in that sentence). Time to pick up another few copies, methinks ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 12:57 

Why would you want to do that? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 13:26 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
On a tangentially related topic, I've seen Pathologic in physical stores in Australia for the first time last weekend (wow, way too many prepositions in that sentence). Time to pick up another few copies, methinks ;)
Could you buy one for me? I'd send you money for it via PayPal or whatever you like, that accepts transfers from credit cards )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 13:27 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Good to know, and I already played Pathologic so I'll be the first one to order Tension.

Btw, I already played with the Bachelor, should I move on to Devotress or is there a reason why her game is locked from the beginning, meaning that I should play with Haruspicus before her?
Well, logically you should play through the characters consequently. (Also the Devotress is the crappiest in the terms of English translation)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject: Re: Buying Pathologic?
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 17:45 

22 May 2006, 03:34

Quote:
Well, usually, buying the product does support us, but in this case it won't do any difference - this will only affect your local publisher's wealth. (Azureus is a good Bittorrent client ;) ) Since our new game is close to being done, you might consider waiting for it instead.
We're really grateful for your proposal to donate, but please, don't. ) Just buy the next game, when it's available, if you'll still feel the urge to support us. )
So that means when I bought the UK version of Pathologic way back August 2006, it didn't really support Ice-pick Lodge in any way?

Well that sucks, the main reason I bought the game is I thought by doing so I would support Ice-Pick Lodge. Well I am really glad Ice-Pick is still alive and didn't die off (like alot of small companies does) and are working on their next project.

Does Тургор (Tension) has any European/US publisher yet? If not do you know when it comes out in Russia? I see it says Q 2008 here

http://www.ndgames.ru/catalogue/?tension

But do you have a better date then this? Where can I pre-order the Russian version, please?

Also the art is very very nice:

It reminds me alot of the art from another game called Baroque.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2007, 20:42 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
So that means when I bought the UK version of Pathologic way back August 2006, it didn't really support Ice-pick Lodge in any way?
On the contrary - it just didn't support us financially, but yet, each bought copy of the game supports us, letting us know, that somebody need our creations. )) Thanks!
Quote:
Does Тургор (Tension) has any European/US publisher yet? If not do you know when it comes out in Russia? I see it says Q 2008 here
We don't have an external publisher, as far as know, but it's just a matter of time. ;) The game will indeed be on sale in Russia in the middle of January (most likely). I'm not sure you can preorder it somewhere - how about I just send you a copy, when the game is released? ))
Quote:
It reminds me alot of the art from another game called Baroque.
You might also want to check out www.tension-game.com - the official site will be up soon. (Some info is already on the site, such as screeneies and trailers)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 12:56 

Quote:
On the contrary - it just didn't support us financially, but yet, each bought copy of the game supports us, letting us know, that somebody need our creations. )) Thanks!
I see that's how it works then, so by supporting the publisher I also support the developpers in a way by showing that their is a demand for their games. It's good to know.
Quote:
I'm not sure you can preorder it somewhere - how about I just send you a copy, when the game is released? ))
Please could you do that? I't be great!

Do you accept paypal?

Do you think I could run the game though?

Nvidia GeForce 6600 (128 MB)
1GB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition
AMD Athlon 3000+ 1.8GHz
Quote:
You might also want to check out www.tension-game.com - the official site will be up soon. (Some info is already on the site, such as screeneies and trailers)
Yeah I know that website, I already downloaded the 20 minutes long trailer. Game is very original!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 13:24 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Please could you do that? I't be great!
Do you accept paypal?
Not yet, but I think it's not that hard to create an account. )))
Quote:
Do you think I could run the game though?
Nvidia GeForce 6600 (128 MB)
1GB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition
AMD Athlon 3000+ 1.8GHz
Everything is more than enough, except for the videocard. You'll be able to run the game only on average settings - we've worked very hard to improve the graphics. ))

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 14:48 

Quote:
Not yet, but I think it's not that hard to create an account. )))
Well the good thing about paypal is that it's fast and if I send you money in "€" I can ask it to be converted to russian "руб".

If you can't create a paypal account, let me know how you would wish to have the money be sent.
Quote:
Everything is more than enough, except for the videocard. You'll be able to run the game only on average settings - we've worked very hard to improve the graphics. ))
Yeah this video card is really bad, I can't even run on medium most new games. I'll get a new card in a couple months though, I want to run this game on high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 15:07 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Well the good thing about paypal is that it's fast and if I send you money in "Ђ" I can ask it to be converted to russian "руб".
If you can't create a paypal account, let me know how you would wish to have the money be sent.
Great then, Even if it can convert to dollars it's good enough - it's quite easy to exchange dollars to roubles in Russia.
Quote:
Yeah this video card is really bad, I can't even run on medium most new games. I'll get a new card in a couple months though, I want to run this game on high.
Well, I'd personally wait for GeForce 9 before upgrading anything - it promisses to be quite an outstanding product, at least from the programmes point of view. ))

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 15:43 

Quote:
Great then, Even if it can convert to dollars it's good enough - it's quite easy to exchange dollars to roubles in Russia.
That's good, just let me know when you want me to send you the money :)
Quote:
Well, I'd personally wait for GeForce 9 before upgrading anything - it promisses to be quite an outstanding product, at least from the programmes point of view. ))
Yeah but they seem really far off, I dunno they seem like they won't come out until 1 year from now, no? I was actually looking at the 8800 GTX/Ultra or even the 8900GTX (who is supposed to come out soon).

But most of the games that I want aren't going to come out until 2008 (Elveon, Project Offset, Тургор, Collapse, NecroVisioN, Metro 2033: The Last Refuge, The Wall, Scorpion etc...)

None of these games have been released yet and won't be until 2008 or even 2009. So yeah I think I better wait at least until the GeForce 9's come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 01:57 

Hey just wanted to let you know, I am getting a new computer soon for the games I listed and Тургор.

Did you set up your paypal account yet? If so can I send you the money now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 10:44 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Hey just wanted to let you know, I am getting a new computer soon for the games I listed and Тургор.
Did you set up your paypal account yet? If so can I send you the money now?
Nah, it'll be best to send te money when the game is actually done and ready to be sent. ;) Glad to hear, that you are getting a new machine. )) What specs are you looking forward to buying?
Quote:
Yeah but they seem really far off, I dunno they seem like they won't come out until 1 year from now, no? I was actually looking at the 8800 GTX/Ultra or even the 8900GTX (who is supposed to come out soon).
Look so... Until now I was thinking it's going to be announced this November. I guess then, a good 8 series videocard would be good.
Quote:
But most of the games that I want aren't going to come out until 2008 (Elveon, Project Offset, Тургор, Collapse, NecroVisioN, Metro 2033: The Last Refuge, The Wall, Scorpion etc...)
There seem to be a lot of Russian games on the list, are into them? ))

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 17:43 

Quote:
Nah, it'll be best to send te money when the game is actually done and ready to be sent.
Okay, I will check up on this site once a month to make sure I know when the games comes out, thanks.
Quote:
;) Glad to hear, that you are getting a new machine. )) What specs are you looking forward to buying?
If I were to buy a new computer right now I would:

GeForce 8800GTX
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
4.GB of RAM
650Gigs of memory
Windows Vista 64-bit

But if I was to wait until Тургор comes out (and better video card and processor comes out), I would get:

GeForce 9800GTX
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.83 GHz
4.GB of RAM
650Gigs of memory
Windows Vista 64-bit
Quote:
There seem to be a lot of Russian games on the list, are into them? ))
What do you mean "are into them"? Are you asking me if I am unto russian games?

Well yes I am following russian PC games as much as any other games, but unfortunally most of the ones who have been released so far weren't as good as expected, to name a few (Exodus from the Earth, Tarr Chronicles, Fantasy Wars etc...)

But they seem to get better now, Collapse, Scorpion and Metro 2033 look like there is alot of work being put unto them. I tried yesterday the russian demo of Hard to be a God and the game is pretty good so far. Did you try it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 18:19 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Okay, I will check up on this site once a month to make sure I know when the games comes out, thanks.
Sure. I'll even PM you.
Quote:
GeForce 8800GTX
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
4.GB of RAM
650Gigs of memory
Windows Vista 64-bit
Nice config. ^__^ I was going to upgrade to a system like that myself, with a few differences - I think it's too early to move to Vista - it doesn't offer anything all that new in comparison to XP except for fancy interface and all... And setting up everything is a pain in the ass. )) I'd use a two system config - a dual boot. XP for performance, and Vista for stuff that only works on Vista such as DX10 games.
And I think I'll wait for GeForce 9800 in any case - the last news say that nVidia has delayed the release because of the new improvements. Now instead of 1 Terraflops the card is said to produce 3. That's 6 times faster than the current flagman GeForce 8800 Ultra.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 19:25 

Quote:
And I think I'll wait for GeForce 9800 in any case - the last news say that nVidia has delayed the release because of the new improvements. Now instead of 1 Terraflops the card is said to produce 3. That's 6 times faster than the current flagman GeForce 8800 Ultra.
That's nice, did they stated any dates when the 9800GTX will be released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 19:34 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
That's nice, did they stated any dates when the 9800GTX will be released?
Early spring 2008, I suppose... Oh yeah, And i'll reply about the games a bit later, I havent' missed that part of teh post.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 19:40 

Quote:
Early spring 2008, I suppose... Oh yeah, And i'll reply about the games a bit later, I havent' missed that part of teh post.
Spring 2008, well I suppose it is better to wait then. But by then I will have to update my build list here and there, but it's no big deal. I'd rather buy the newly released stuff while they are still hot, it will help save from doing too many upgrades later on. I'll wait then.

Post subject: NVidia cards. . .
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2007, 18:58 

20 Nov 2007, 10:27

Just as a side note, the new 8800 GT -- even though priced as a midrange card (about $250 or so) actually beats the GTX in speed and performance. If you decide to buy an 8800, get the new GT, especially from EVGA or BFG if overclocked.

Post subject: Re: NVidia cards. . .
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2007, 19:47 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Just as a side note, the new 8800 GT -- even though priced as a midrange card (about $250 or so) actually beats the GTX in speed and performance. If you decide to buy an 8800, get the new GT, especially from EVGA or BFG if overclocked.
True, but I'd still wait for the release of GeForce 9 - the latest info claims, that it'll be anounced in February 2008, instead of spring. )

---- Alexander Pope

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable