[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Paintings from the game
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:28
 Post subject: Paintings from the game
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 07:40 

16 Jul 2007, 21:27

I noticed some striking paintings in this game, particularly that one with the two people hugging, I was wondering is there any way to get those painting files so I could print them actual poster size and put them on my wall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 08:51 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Screw my room if it's walls ever bear such posters )))))

Subj: I don't know, man. Try dotvfs extractor first to unpack the game content, the paintings should be there somewhere in the textures or wait for the LXR to return from vacation, maybe he will help you out somehow!
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 17:07 

Thanks trying it, any idea how to open .tex files though? Never seen this format before :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 17:14 

21 May 2008, 16:59

They are actually .dds files

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 17:35 

Thanks! Found it, it was picture5, I'll post a pic of it on my wall later if I can :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 23:46 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

I haven't checked out the files myself. What are the resolutions like? Are they high enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008, 03:15 

Yup hydra the file is pretty small so it does get kind of pixellated:

Maybe LXR knows the artist and if there is a higher res version of it? If there is I'll take it to the shop and have them print it out on good paper. This game has some really cool artwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008, 03:39 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Quote:
Maybe LXR knows the artist and if there is a higher res version of it? If there is I'll take it to the shop and have them print it out on good paper. This game has some really cool artwork.
I totally agree. I love the paintings in each character's house and the way that they tell you something about that person.

(I always find it amusing, though, that Big Vlad has that picture of the Abattoir with blood flowing from it - very cheery :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2008, 23:40 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

I googled "dotvfs extractor" but came up short, what is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2008, 23:59 

21 May 2008, 16:59

that's a generic term for .vfs extractors. use this one
http://mor.gstrategy.ru/files/mor_converter.rar

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008, 17:29 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

If you use TotalCmd or Far manager, there is a plugin for them: http://whitewind.sibnet.info/VFS.zip

It supports both Pathologic and Tension VFS files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 20:47 

When I use the mor converter and change the file names to .dds I only get very low resolution images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 21:20 

17 May 2008, 20:28

Yeah and also, as somebody else pointed out a few posts above - could the moderators/admins tell us where to find the original works? Is it maybe from a deviantart account or something? I'd love to have them as my wallpaper :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 21:34 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

The original works are concepts and art for Pathologic. :)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 23:18 

Quote:
And the art is like nowhere on the web? Hmmm... I'm sorry but it seems we'll have to kidnap your artist.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 01:49 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

Funny, while I was experimenting I actually removed all the *.dds files for the paintings, converted them to *.jpg and then used them to make a screensaver (with background audio from one of the pathologic *.mp3 releases).

With the IPL's permission I will upload the file (it already includes a built in copyright notice - it appears I must have been thinking ahead)

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 10:57 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
Funny, while I was experimenting I actually removed all the *.dds files for the paintings, converted them to *.jpg and then used them to make a screensaver (with background audio from one of the pathologic *.mp3 releases).

With the IPL's permission I will upload the file (it already includes a built in copyright notice - it appears I must have been thinking ahead)
Please, do! :)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 01:42 

12 Jul 2008, 18:03

Quote:
There is anything we can do to have those concept arts? They're awesome.
If the copyright is Icepick's you can just... sell them? (Or release them for free).

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 22:30 

Quote:
Quote:
There is anything we can do to have those concept arts? They're awesome.
If the copyright is Icepick's you can just... sell them? (Or release them for free).
Sounds like a good idea. Also, where'd ya get your avatar from?? It's such a cool pic of the Tragedian!!!

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 01:44 

I'm glad that you like it :)
It's from a screenshot taken from the Buka website (here), subsequently edited with photoshop :)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 17:59 

I got inspired when you mentioned screenshots.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

And that's for funsies:

ImageImage

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 00:29 

That are great :) Expecially the third.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 04:20 

29 Sep 2005, 16:43

Hi,

Ok, can somebody tell me as to a child or noob, how to extract those great graphics out of the game? I mean really as to a child:
1) what program to use

2) what data to extract (from the disc or instalation foler?)

3) how to extract (if it involves more than just "right click and extract")

4) where to localize the graphic files afterwards?

Apologies for utterly idiotic questions, but I am not to much into that kind of stuff and would like to go through it painlessly. So... like to a kid... slowly... with patience... :D

Michal

ps. I am getting once more into Pathologic :) And soon I am going back to Poland, so I will surely pick up Tension to check it out.

EDIT::::::

Ok. I localized the texture file in my instalation folder with the .vfs extension and opened it with "Dragon UnPACKer". I checked only picture related files, but could not find everything (for example those paintings mentioned above). Some other file needs to be extracted? Or maybe I should extract everything (including the files associated with audio/video)? I feel a bit stupid, but have no real knowledge about those issues.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 16:12 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Just as I started searhing for the extractor in English, I noticed that a new post with this extractor was written a few weeks ago:)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5302
I think, this will work for you. And as for the Dragon UnPACKer, the problem is that the game uses generally DDS format for its textures, but the files - in fact - are renamed from "*.DDS" to "*.TEX", so this unpacker doesn't even see most of them:(. Use the extractor from the post linked above instead. If all works fine, you should get several thousands of files as a result. Each of the textures (er... well, most of them) has two files - a big one and a smal one ("_LQ", standing for 'low quality'), so in fact you already don't have to look through half of these textures.

It's a good idea to look at the textures beginning with 'picture_' first ;) However, some of the pictures (used in game loading screens and interface of the one drawn on the walls) won't be there.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable