[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • IPL games on Linux?
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:26
 Post subject: IPL games on Linux?
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2011, 15:49 

29 Oct 2009, 14:30

I run Linux pretty much exclusively (not least because I don't want to be tied to the kafkaesque logic of US corporations). I only reboot into Windows every couple of months to try games I can't run in Linux for a day or two. Sadly this includes 2 out of 3 IPL games - only The Void works for me in WINE, the other two crash on startup. Has anyone had any success getting Pathologic and Cargo to run?

Has anyone at IPL thought about the other two PC systems, i.e. OS X and Linux? Smaller user base surely, but more appreciative I think. Quite a few of the smaller game developers make their games for all three systems at the same time - it's just a matter of switching to cross-platform libraries.

Post subject: Re: IPL games on Linux?
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2011, 01:14 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

Congrats on getting the Void to work. IPL game engines are not really Linux friendly.

I'm writing this on ChrunchBang linux (highly, highly recommended). However, I also have a PC.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable