[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Introduce yourself. - Page 3
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 14:20
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself.
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 20:47 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

Users browsing this forum: Ask Jeeves [Bot]
That made me lol.

Anyway, I've been posting for a while and never introduced myself. I'm an Iranian living in the corn-infested state of Indiana, in the US of A. Originally from Iran, moved to Ohio in 1995, then got a job as an engineer in 2008 in Indiana. I came across The Void in a roundabout way. Someone was talking about Pathologic on 4chan. The coverart itself was interesting enough to make me go to Wikipedia, and I saw Tension in the "See Also" section. I followed the link and was blown away by the trailers.

I'm a pretty big videogame nerd, with an unhealthy attraction towards things that confuse me *I'm getting deja vu here, I've probably said all this in another thread, sorry about the redundancy* I love Kafka, Mulholand Drive is one of my favorite movies, so on. I do enjoy the mainstream stuff too. I currently have a PS3, Wii, and an overpowered PC. I'm currently addicted to Muramasa on the Wii.

For those of you who enjoyed Pathologic, The Void, and oddball games in general you should try The Path by Tale of Tales. It's all about exploration with no real goal, and it's damn creepy. It has some serious undertones about child abuse which may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it's an awesome game.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 00:37 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Nice to have you here :)

And whereabouts in Indiana are you? My best friend lives in Louisville, KY so I've been visiting pretty much every year since 2001. I've been over the river to Indiana quite a few times, braving its constantly-under-construction road system.

As for The Path... I loved it! We also talked about it on this forum at some point.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 01:51 

Yeah I did a quick post search cuz I remembered talking about it, but I didn't find it or didn't look carefully enough. Anyway, I'm living in Spencer Indiana right now, 30 minutes from Bloomington where Indiana University is. Spencer is a tiny tiny town, population 2500. According to 2005 census data, the Asian population is 10, so I bumped it up 10% when I moved in. I finally did something significant with my life! :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 01:54 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Quote:
Yeah I did a quick post search cuz I remembered talking about it, but I didn't find it or didn't look carefully enough. Anyway, I'm living in Spencer Indiana right now, 30 minutes from Bloomington where Indiana University is. Spencer is a tiny tiny town, population 2500. According to 2005 census data, the Asian population is 10, so I bumped it up 10% when I moved in. I finally did something significant with my life! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5362

;)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 02:45 

lol thanks Throdax but I meant my own posts, cuz I remember having this conversation somewhere else "I like weird stuff, you guys should try The Path, etc.". Maybe it was a different forum, or all that Indiana bathtub brewed moonshine is killing the brain cells.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 11:23 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

You should try classic Russian moonshine someday! :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 11:45 
In Turgor!

Quote:
You should try classic Russian moonshine someday! :)
I though all you guys drank Tyrvn (speeling?) :P

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 11:50 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
I though all you guys drank Tyrvn (speeling?) :P
The truth is, each of our project was done with a certain type of drink to it. For Pathologic - the drink was Absynthe - the real-life analog of twyrine. ;) For the Void, it was Sambuka.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 11:51 
In Turgor!

Is Sambuka LSD related? :P

Make the 3rd one based on whiskey and I'll love you long time :D

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:01 
Старый Добрый Эль

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambuka — it's an Italian anise vodka. )

Actually, I hope we'll be sober during the development of the third one. :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:06 
In Turgor!

That explains a lot.... the sober part :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:52 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Just in case someone who doesn't know me reads this - WE'RE NOT CONSTANTLY DRUNK!!!

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:53 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:
Just in case someone who doesn't know me reads this - WE'RE NOT CONSTANTLY DRUNK!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 18:42 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

I guess you've got to have a few weeks break between projects. :wink:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 19:11 

05 Nov 2009, 06:18

Hello :) I have just signed up to the forum, because I have just ordered The Void :)

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 19:13 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Hello :) I have just signed up to the forum, because I have just ordered The Void :)
Hello, Swish, nice to meet you!

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 23:57 

02 Nov 2009, 00:20

Howdy,

I'm 25, live in England and have a degree in Anthropology.

I'm a (wannabe) filmmaker, working towards breaking out and moving to London shortly to set up a small company with friends. I'm doing a lot of freelance writing, as well as writing and researching my own TV series idea about plague in 1600s England. Nothing to do with Pathologic, I've had an interest in it since I was a kid.

I love movies, from the funny (Groundhog Day, Hudsucker Proxy, Pleasantville) to fantasy (Back to the Future, Princess Bride) to arthouse (Three Colours, Julio Medem, Bergman) to weird masterpieces (Mulholland Drive, Santa Sangre)

I love gaming and have held them as an amazing artform since I first laid eyes on one.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 02:03 

Welcome to the forums, Mellifluous!

I'm also a writer and (wannabe) filmmaker from England. Maybe we can help each other in some way.

Nice to see you have such excellent taste as well... Ice-Pick Lodge, Jodorowsky... :wink:

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 11:51 
Композитор

10 Apr 2006, 16:14

hello Mellifluous!

Did you see "Nine lives of tomas katz" by Ben Hopkins?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 17:30 

19 Nov 2009, 15:42

Hello everyone!

I finally managed to finish Pathologic's Bachelor scenario yesterday and, being also a big fan of Tension, I figured it would be a good idea to find a place with people who also had the pleasure of experiencing those two splendid games.

I'm 24, living in the Polish city of Gdańsk, and having finally completed my education this year I'm currently looking for a job as a pharmacist (you can imagine how much fun I had gorging on all those tablets in Pathologic).

There's little more than I love better than a good story, no matter if it's a book, a movie, or something more interactive like a video or a role-playing game. With books, I have a preference of fantasy/science-fiction themes (my favourite author is Ursula K. Le Guin; I also like Terry Pratchett, Frank Herbert, Anne Rice, etc.), but I enjoy reading in general, from classical stuff to manga.

Video games that I enjoy the most are usually adventure games (like the Myst series or The Longest Journey), but I'll also have fun while Tomb Raiding, role-playing, strategising and with other better or worse defined genres.

I've been enjoying tabletop role-playing for a long time - my biggest love so far is good old Call of Cthulhu, but I'm usually willing to try anything that's not D&D (because hey, in RPGs I usually prefer actual role-playing rather than playing a game).

I also like watching movies as much as anybody, and again, I enjoy various stuff like fantasy/sci-fi (Blade Runner), animation (current favourites: Ghost in the Shell, Æon Flux, Haibane Renmei), more quirky stuff (von Trier, Jeunet/Caro), but also musicals, realistic drama, and old classics.

With music, I like mostly various popular alternative - most beloved artists include Björk, Tori Amos, Clannad/Enya, and R.E.M., but I also listen to things that are more (alt?)rock (Marilyn Manson, Moonlight, The Cure), pop (Madonna, Eurythmics/Annie Lennox, The Cardigans/A Camp/Righteous Boy), electronica (Röyksopp, The Knife/Fever Ray, Daft Punk, Flykkiller/Pati Yang), or instrumental (like the amazing Tension soundtrack, or my absolute favourite, Robyn Miller's Riven soundtrack).

I guess we'll see each other around. :)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 17:33 
In Turgor!

Any Terry Pratchet fan is welcome here :D

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 17:46 

Welcome, Umgenni Kemo! I'm actually re-reading Le Guin's brilliant novel, 'The Dispossessed' at the moment :wink:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 23:42 

09 Dec 2009, 23:15

hello ,i'm new to this forum, though have been lurking due to my obsession with pathologic.Would just like to say thank you to icepick lodge for creating such an amazing game .I have recently bought the void as well and have been well and truly blown away by this masterpiece of art ,the game is innvocative of some of my faverourite writers like clive barker,william burroughs and neil gaiman in its other worldly vision .I say the game is art as I personally don't see either pathologic or the void as being in any way connected to current trends in gaming (to me this is a good thing ).As long as there are auteurs like icepick lodge in the gaming industry im going to keep playing because like many gamers I have became bored of the staid and stagnent mainstream games industry (call of duty, grand theft auto i'm lookin at you). :D
EDIT lol just reread the topic of this thread sorry thought it was just an introduce yourself to the forum :oops: any hoo ,im from liverpool ,I like horror writers like thomas liggotti and such ,films, i like asian cinema takashi miike and park chan wook ,retro gaming ,ciggarettes strong coffee and sake, not together,and grant morrisons the invisibles is my favourite comic of all time,im als o adept at relly inept spelling ,peace

Last edited by darthmiike on 10 Dec 2009, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 00:52 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

Howdy, though I'd donate my 2 nerva's worth of colour to this topic....

I'm 28, feel a damn sight older and live all over the UK. I work as an audiologist, which is just a fancy name for someone that does hearing tests and the like. My job takes me everywhere, where I cover for people that are ill, on holiday or just can't be bothered to turn up for work. Like many other folks, I enjoy reading a lot, with Neil Gaiman (both comic and novel), Terry Pratchett and Hunter S Thompson heading up the list. Not a big TV person, although sci-fi usually keeps me interested, as does anime. I like the strange and unusual things in life, which is probably why I picked up a copy of the Void....

Stay freaky, people.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 03:13 

13 Dec 2009, 02:24

Hello everyone!

I'm a 29 year old musician from Vienna, Austria. I tried The Void at my Friend's pc and immediately fell in love with it. The design and the atmosphere just blew me away. I ordered my own copy (the english version) from Amazon, and I'm playing it for quite some time now. It's a breath of fresh air in the sea of clones, a masterpiece really. I'll definitely try to spread the fanbase as much as I can. ;)

A few more details about me... not hard to guess, my main interest is music. I can appreciate quality in every genre, but I'm mostly attracted to progressive metal and bands like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Andromeda, Ark, and the like. I'm also into dystopian literature in the vain of Orwell and Huxley. As far as games go, the last time a game managed to draw me in like this was probably with Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Other than that, Mirror's edge perhaps, it had a pretty refreshing concept.

Nothing else comes to mind right now, so I'll just leave it at that... :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable