[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Introduce yourself. - Page 4
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:12
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself.
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 00:16 

17 Dec 2009, 01:43

Hi all, Some have seen me around a bit in previous posts ;) but guess should introduce a little...

I'm a 24yo guy from The Netherlands (most know it as Holland or otherwise *Amsterdam* should ring a bell ;p)

My most favorite game type is, RPG. Although i like action/adventure/RTS and occasionaly a FPS (preferable on PC rather then console). I'm not into racing at all.. exept for some ones with a twist.. like Mario Kart for example.. and neither for sports games.

I just Love Final Fantasy series, The legend of Zelda series and The Project Zero series (also knows as Fatal Frame). Played many different MMORPG aswell... I like teamwork and just love horror/thriller or just anything scary.. lol

Besides that I work as a Miller in a small Metal Company. (Damn cuts sting.. ;p)

I also like some exeptional and unique games. Like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus and also add The Void to that aswell now :wink:

My main hobbie.. Collecting/Watching Anime series. (so i developed a good eye for video quality, and The Void Definitely is of very high quality :) ) 2nd hobbie.. Listening to music. 3rd hobbie.. Traveling

I'm also very interested in Asia. Well.. i guess i could share something with yall from one of my travels.. lol some might find it quite funny or interesting perhaps.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=f3KyH4Gw_l0 Unforunately this video is recorded very dark but i suggest turning up the volume for a nice piece of sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwH7uDn7 ... re=related This one is from the same evening/place just a few hours later.. this one isn't very dark.

I also have a video of the girl in the 2nd video singing, she's in some kind of band with other girls working there and they perform sometimes. She wants to make a career with singing. Will add it if people are interested.

Hmm what else to say.. hmm.. i don't know so guess thats it.

Any questions/comments are always welcome ;p

Cronotorious

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2009, 00:15 

29 Aug 2008, 20:04

Quote:
but I'm mostly attracted to progressive metal and bands like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Andromeda, Ark, and the like.
Woohoo, welcome fellow prog lover. :)

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2009, 00:56 

13 Dec 2009, 02:24

Quote:
... I just Love Final Fantasy series, ...
FF VIII was one of my favorite games when I was younger. I adore Uematsu's music! It's cheesy at times, but there are incredible gems on that VIII soundtrack.
Quote:
Quote:
but I'm mostly attracted to progressive metal and bands like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Andromeda, Ark, and the like.
Woohoo, welcome fellow prog lover. :)
Well thank you! Prog on, sister! :wink:
\m/

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:58 

21 Apr 2010, 19:07

Just getting into the game, loving it.

I love to bath in starlight bubbles just like any girl, but maybe in Void 2 the Sisters can get some outfits. :lol:

I had to choose this lame pic as I could not reduce the Ole pics from the bonus files to the itsi bitsi size needed!

Anyway it has put some colour into the normal fare we get from PC gaming! Yeah!

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 22:38 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

Welcome :)

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 20:40 

04 Jul 2010, 14:58

I'm hanging around here for a month and enjoying it a lot already.
I'm from Russia, yet the English-speaking part of the forum attracts me as much as the native one.
I'm 16 and I don't want to grow up anymore.
I'm a self-taught artist, poet and boring thorn in everyone's side.
I'm addicted to things related to Dave McKean, Sopor Aeternus, some Vertigo's grafic novels, Victorian steampunk, 90's Depeche Mode, Oscar Wilde and Victor Hugo. And "Pathologic", of course - no wonder I fell in love with it immediately ;)
I use so much "I'm", "me" and "my" on both parts of the forum that I start resembling too selfish. Fortunately, I'm not. ...I hope :D

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 22:18 

05 Sep 2008, 00:23

Hey. I pop by here every now and then whenever you guys have news and in anticipation of you guys having news.

I'm 24 yr-old actor and musician currently living in London, England. You might have seen me on British TV but it's too embarrassing to tell you what I was in. I've mostly been doing stage, when the jobs are there. To make ends meet, I teach and play jazz piano and also do front of house and bar work at events and what not. I practise Zen. My girlfriend is a vet and she keeps me grounded in normalcy.

I notice some of you guys are wannabe filmmakers. Lets talk! :wink:

I've been playing games since I had an Amiga 500. My favourite ever games are Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and Grim Fandango.
The most interesting games I've ever played are Pathologic and The Void.

Oh, and that piece of beautiful martyered genius called The Last Express.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2010, 19:27 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Hey Shazbut! Always nice to see a fellow MobyGames user around here.

I am one of those wannabe filmmakers. In fact, I'm moving to London in November to pursue that career any way I can. I've sent you a PM.

It goes without saying that you have excellent taste in games :)

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 21:00 

24 Nov 2010, 07:12

Hey, I'm Evan, and I'm 17 years old and live in the United States. I uh...got a free playthrough of The Void and that's how I became so interested in Ice Pick Lodge.

I'd pay for it, but right now my mom's credit card is really feeling the pressure, so I can't purchase it of yet. But I will remember to, the influence that The Void had on my life is something that I'm not going to soon forget.

I hope to go to college with some kind of degree in game design and coding, and I can honestly say that if I do make anything big in my life, Ice Pick Lodge will definitely be one of my biggest influences - and of course The Void.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 01:08 

17 Dec 2010, 01:01

Hi i'm Manuel, I'm 17 years old and live in Uruguay

I've studied some filmmaking, I like to fight (sports), I like music, and art in general.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010, 14:51 

15 Aug 2010, 18:20

Hi! I'm from Russia and that's why my English is not exellent :( Just play "The Void" again and you will understand what I'm thinking and why I like it so much without any words. It's really amazing! :D
I'm a psycologist and also I like history, philosophy, historical fencing, singing, dancing and fire-show. It's very interesting to introduce myself in Eglish. It looks like school exersise for me :D

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 07:27 

12 Jan 2011, 07:10

Quote:
Just getting into the game, loving it.

I love to bath in starlight bubbles just like any girl, but maybe in Void 2 the Sisters can get some outfits. :lol:

I had to choose this lame pic as I could not reduce the Ole pics from the bonus files to the itsi bitsi size needed!

Anyway it has put some colour into the normal fare we get from PC gaming! Yeah!
Lol. You can't have Ole as your user name, and not have it as an avy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I made this one in photoshop if you want to use it (or anyone for that matter).

Obligatory ASL stuff: I am 21, female, currently living in California (because I was born there not because I want a movie career).

I finally joined after lurking in the forums looking on and off for a few months. I learned about Ice-Pick Lodge through my stupid friend who played the Void and said, "Hey, you should play this artsy game. It has nice scenery and boobs and stuff." Lol, needless to say, after an endorsement like that I was hooked.

I am majoring in English Literature, but I am going back and forth between that and linguistics. I am learning Japanese for fun in my spare time, because I hope to travel someday. I enjoy playing around with photoshop, but generally I only do it for a few days and then get sad and frustrated XD. My favorite thing in the world is poetry, I have to read it every few days or I get cranky. I think that covers it.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 13:16 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

There can only be one Ole avatar...

:D

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 14:23 

Very true! Luckily, I think you're safe. 'Ole' last visited the forums on April 26th :)

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 04:25 

20 Mar 2011, 22:15

Hello! I am a 16 year old american residing in minnesota
I love dark, eery, otherworldly things,indie games which includes-The void, Pathologic, the path, letters to esther,etc, The Plague (this is pathologics fault), Russian litarature (the voids fault)

I love cats, H.p. lovecraft, reading, writing, dreaming etc.

I am a poet, artist, and a writer/genuis/supreme dictator of the United states government.
I graduated from oxford, majoring in avanced awesomeness, general awesomeness, and philosophy

Pathologic has majorly inspired me to be either a mortician/embalmer, A microbiologist/pathologist, or one of the child gods of a sand world x)

I have never entered a world nearly as amazing as the ones Ice pick lodge creates!

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 05:12 

Thanks very much for introducing yourself, pockyfreak! You're into all kinds of excellent things... obviously!

I'm glad you discovered the worlds of Ice-Pick Lodge. Unfortunately, there's not much happening in the English forums but maybe in the future, eh?

Good luck!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 18:56 

09 Aug 2011, 11:29

I've been around here for a little while already, but I thought it couldn't hurt to introduce myself now nonetheless.

So my name is Moritz. I'm 15 years old and I'm living in Germany.

I've been playing video games since I can remember and some of my favourites are Braid, Team Fortress 2, Pathologic (of course), The Void (of course), SpaceChem etc. The list could go on for a really long time.

Let's get to literature. I am currently reading and loving books by DFW (David Foster Wallace) and Franz Kafka; in particular the novels Infinite Jest (DFW) and The Trial (Kafka). I also read non-fiction from time to time - sciency stuff. I'm planning to read stuff by Nabokov, Pynchon and H.P. Lovecraft.

Now to the movies. I don't watch movies that often, but I like the Coen Brother movies and movies by Darren Aronofsky. Quentin Terentino, David Lynch and Lars von Trier make some incredible stuff aswell.

Music: I hear almost anything really - as long as it isn't techno or dubstep or something like that. I especially like minimalistic piano music (Phillip Glass for example) and I love some classical music aswell (Franz Schubert, Frederique Chopin (not sure if I spelled that correctly), Beethoven etc.). Sometimes I listen to Led Zepplin, too.

Personality: I guess I'm quite introverted and shy. I try to be as nice as I can. I act silly around friends quite often. Puberty sucks a lot; it's really damm stressful, frustrating and overwhelming - I never had so many doubts in my life. Also I'm afraid as hell of being self-indulgent, self-centered and arrogant (I guess this post is pretty self-centered, but it's supposed to be an introduction, so what am I supposed to do?). I try to be aware. I try to pay attention - even to the most mundane things possible.

Extras: I want to become a Game Designer - I'm already making little and unbelievably crappy stuff in Game Maker.
This speech is pretty much the most inspiring thing I've ever heard in my life and it gives me guidance. It was written and held by David Foster Wallace. If you have 20 minutes I recommend you to listen to it, it's great.

Thanks for reading :)

PostPosted: 20 May 2012, 06:30 

20 May 2012, 05:12

Hello, I'm from Australia. 22 years old. I'm studying computer networking and working fulltime.

I adore video games. I try to play as many as I can. Recently I came across Pathologic and I really liked it's style and atmosphere. It's the first game I've ever played where I traded weapons for food and felt like a winner. I also enjoy classic consoles and strange games. If you know what my avatar is from then you get a kudos. :)

PostPosted: 21 May 2012, 12:22 

02 May 2010, 12:40

Welcome, jader7777! What *is* your avatar from, though? It looks vaguely familiar but I can't place it for the life of me. Feel free to PM me if you want to keep the mystery :D

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 14:39 

20 May 2012, 05:12

Are you fond of the Super Nintendo?

It is a cult classic these days.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 04:36 

24 Aug 2012, 03:57

Hey all,

University student from the United States here, age 21. Love cinema, books, video games (I recognize your avatar, Jader!), and the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper RPG. I can't get enough horror, though I'd give any good fiction a little of my time.

I stumbled upon Pathologic on a list of great PC games, and was immediately intrigued. I played it to completion as the Haruspicus, then went on to play The Void. Both games skyrocketed to the top of my favorites for story, aesthetics, and atmosphere unlike anything I've ever encountered when playing video games. I got a friend to try Pathologic and sent out extra copies of The Void like candy when it came up for sale on Steam. I wait with my kickstarter pledge for Knock-Knock with bated breath!

It's very nice to meet you all!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 21:10 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

Hello, friends.

I am very glad to know a little more about you now.

I am Nikolay Dybowski. From now on I'll try to visit this Pub regularly. Smoking pipe in the corner hidden by the cape and playing it Strider. :roll:

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 21:19 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

A pipe is very erudite. Bravo sir.

Welcome :) (Again)

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 21:27 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

I think I should also introduce myself (finally). I'm Jakub from Poland, and I've translated (with a little help of my wife and few friends) Pathologic and Cargo into Polish.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 03:10 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

I'm also from Poland. My grand-grandfather was Benedict Dybowski. He was exiled to Siberia as one of the leaders of 1863 rebellion! (Alas, Polans was a part of Russian Imperium then)... So instead of hanging, he was exiled - with Cherski and Chekanowski...

Our family is a family of rebels. ) That's why my 10-year-old son hates Putin...

Benedict brought my grandmother to life being a 70-years old man :!:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable