[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Symbols in the lower left-hand corner
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:31
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 16:47 

03 Aug 2008, 16:43

Hello,
What is the meaning of the symbols on the lower left-hand corner of the map? When playing the Haruspicus, clicking on it show another screen (I'm not sure what it does since I'm at the beginning) and it changes; clicking on it again returns to the map screen. Also, another one of them sometimes appear in-game in the corner along with the sound of writing, what is the significance of this? As far as I've noticed, on such occasions nothing appears in the journal or the daily quests list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 16:57 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

You may consider that additional screen as a picture showing how character perceives what's happening. Picture depends on player character you choose at the beginning and changes as you get more knowledge on situation.

As for the symbols that appear while you are playing, I am sure they are explained somewhere in the manual. One of them (one with legs and many staraight strokes) stands for "quest info updated", the other one (with "spiral") meaning that you received mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 17:10 

Hello and thanks for the prompt answer!
I've already tried looking through the manual but I can't find anything on the symbols (except for the fact that they're printed on each page as background, and on the left on the title page). But you've more or less explained their meaning, I reckon there are no more than three or four - when quests, diary or mails update.
As for that additional screen, could you please elaborate a bit on it? I thought it was an interface to create concoctions out of raw materials which I would learn with the progress into the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 17:21 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

No, I'm afraid no actions are there. Picture just shows how far the current understaning of the situation has got. Well, and in case of the Devotress story (which I hope you won't understand anyway :D ) there's some misty drawing with quite unclear magical meaning, I don't think anyone got it at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 17:43 

I see... quite an original concept. I hope the translation project gets finished asap. Thanks for the clarifications!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable