[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • I can help, if you need it!
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:56
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009, 10:17 

18 Feb 2009, 13:51

Hi, I just finished my first playthrough, as the Bachelor, for this marvelous game and would like to offer my services for the translation. I don't speak Russian but I am a native English speaker from little ol' New Zealand. I would be interested in proof reading translations for sentence construction, grammar etc or anything at all really!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009, 15:10 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Cool. If you want, come and sign up at the Translation Project forums and help us make some decisions about the glossary :)

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009, 18:00 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

Yes we need you there. Join us, please

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 23:56 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

I'm going to jump back in and help sometime soon. I was a bit put off by how few people there were working on the translation, and felt a bit nervous about influencing the project too much since the game isn't my vision. Browsing around many other forums, it's slightly strange how many people talk about the project, and then say they'll wait until it's finished without jumping in themselves. Anyhow, I'll join in again soon.

Also, I was talking to a friend of a friend who is Russian, speaks both Russian and English and actually seems interested in helping. I'll direct him to the site.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 17:13 

11 Mar 2009, 02:51

Um, I'd like to help too, I came back today and saw that the project is back up as of the 30th, and I would be happy to help in any way I can. I can't seem to access the translation forums though, I get a 403 error?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 00:38 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Stick around — once I figure how we'd continue, i'll post the news here! :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 02:48 

22 Aug 2009, 02:01

Resurrecting the topic to throw in my two cents: When it comes time for play testing the patch, I'll be more than happy to play the game as many times as needed til we have it flowing nicely. :P Granted I unfortunately do not know Russian so I can't tell you how well it is translated, but I can tell you how well it flows in my native language. Even in the state that it is in, the game is one of my very favorites (though I've held off on the Devotress as so many have said to), so any help that I can put into making it more coherent for the English audience, I'm all about doing. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 20:23 

02 Nov 2009, 00:20

I'd like to offer my help, too.

I'm a graduate in England so should (theoretically!) have good writing abilities :roll: I'd be interested in re-editing/consulting on lots of the dialogue sequences so that it's easier to understand, and neater English basically.

I don't know how the process goes, but let me know how I can help with any down and dirty text editing. There's certain things I'm aware of, e.g. if you click response a) then the reply should make sense. I'd be happy to help finetune stuff like that.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 20:42 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

OK, good! Don't go to far away, as soon as I'll get this thing going I'll PM you :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 04:06 

12 Nov 2009, 03:50

I'm not sure if you guys need any more help from non-Russian speakers, but I'll throw my lot in with the others in this thread. I'm a native English speaker with experience in writing and editing fiction. I'd be more than happy to help out if you need me.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 03:04 

16 Nov 2009, 18:49

I'd be happy to help however I can. I am unfortunately not bilingual, but do hold an above average grasp of the English language :) and am technically proficient in regards to coding/programming, in the slim chance that that could be useful.

Plus, I've been downsized so have a good amount of free-time at the moment.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2010, 21:20 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

Raving Void fanboi seeks translator's post.

Erm....you know, with English glossary type stuff....my Russian is kind of non-existant -.-

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable