[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Reiterating the necessity of this project...
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:41
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 16:15 

02 Jan 2010, 15:48

...for the simple fact that more people NEED to experience this game!

Hello to anyone out there who might still read this forum. I found my way to Pathologic through The Void as I hope many others do as well. While researching whether or not to purchase The Void, (I did and it is great!) I kept coming across mentions of Pathologic that piqued my interest so much that I tracked down a copy of that game as well. Suffice to say, I have a new obsession. The Void is beautiful, but Pathologic engages my mind like few (if any) games have done before. Okay, before this devolves into a lengthy rant about the myriad reasons I absolutely LOVE this game and why I believe more people need to play it (which I will save for a future post :wink: ), here are some statements and questions I have:

First, is this project still going? I have read through many of the posts here which mostly date from 2 years ago to get familiarized with the state of the project. I was unable to determine what work was completed, what needs to be worked on next, or if anybody was still working on anything at all.

Another reason the project appears dead is that when I try to go to the "new" page for the project (the one at pathologic-game.com or something) I get a 403 Forbidden error.

My next question is: if the translation project is officially ended, is there a way for me to get any translations I complete into my personal copy of the game? I was able to download some of the source materials in .xls format and can begin translating those for my own gratification, but how can I swap my translations into the game, if that's even possible at all?

I guess that's it for now. If someone could fill me in on what's going on that would be great. Obviously, I would love to be a part of the translation project if it is still ongoing. I must say, also, how impressed I am that the developers of these great games are a very visible and active part of the community. You would be surprised how rare that is these days. I eagerly await more information, but in the meantime will continue to enjoy my first playthroughs of both Pathologic and The Void!

One last thing... I know this is a long shot, but what are the thoughts at Ice-Pick Lodge about a Pathologic remake or sequel using The Void's game engine? :D

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 01:59 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

Actually, Ice-Pick staff mentioned in an interview they're thinking about making a remake... :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm waiting for the translation patch (or remake, whichever comes first :twisted: ) to replay the game. It's really amazing

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 01:14 

02 Jan 2010, 15:48

Quote:
Actually, Ice-Pick staff mentioned in an interview they're thinking about making a remake... :mrgreen:
I was unaware of that. That would be excellent!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 10:39 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Quote:
Where and when did they say that? :shock:

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 00:20 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

Quote:
Quote:
Where and when did they say that? :shock:
Ditto.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 18:44 

22 Aug 2009, 02:01

Personally I'd just prefer a retranslation instead of a full on remake. I love everything about how the original came out, so just having it be a bit more coherent in all three scenerios would make me very happy. <3

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 19:26 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

Normally, I'd agree, but there are several bugs in Pathologic that need fixing. Two in particular have rendered the game unplayable for my more hardcore gaming brother.

Also, Ice-Pick is one of the few developers that I'd trust a remake to. I know they won't sell out and, for example, make Klara run through the game in her underwear. Now that they have the funds, I'd like to see all the features and details they had to cut :D

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable