[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Void in English is out now!
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:09
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 20:57 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

I'll be short — today on the 23-rd of October the English version of The Void is finally released!
You can purchase it at the Mamba Games website ( http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/the-void-p-39.html ), play.com ( http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1148803 ... oduct.html ) and soon - Amazon.[br]
[br]
In the first English language review of The Void, Resolution claimed it to be rarely fun, but offering "a viciously beautiful, enormously interesting experience."[br]
http://resolution-magazine.co.uk/conten ... -the-void/[br]
[br]
Just Adventure said "innovation and delivering it in the highest professional manner."[br]
http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/TheVoid/Void.shtm[br]
[br]
Rock, Paper, Shotgun wrote an overwhelmingly positive review, saying "The Void is the most important game you are GOING TO FUCKING PLAY."[br]
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/09 ... -the-void/[br]
[br]
Inc Gamers finished their review saying: Overall, The Void is a terrific achievement. It will not be to everybody's tastes by any means. The atmosphere - though perfectly captured - is tense, bleak and at times oppressive. [br]
http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/971/the-void-pc-review[br]
[br]
Expect an update soon with a detailed explanation of the game's titles and editions!

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2009, 15:36 

23 Oct 2009, 16:16

Is this going to hit Gamers Gate or any of the other digital distributors?

Mamba's promised digital download area hasn't materialised.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 01:25 

11 Jan 2009, 11:45

Thanks, Alex, for your jewel! I'll take it now!
"Your Italian friend"

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 04:47 

16 Nov 2009, 18:49

[quote="Mr Bismarck"]Is this going to hit Gamers Gate or any of the other digital distributors?

Mamba's promised digital download area hasn't materialised.[/quote]

It is on GG currently.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 18:14 

19 Dec 2009, 18:13

is the english version censored from the original russian content?

i've herad that they had some kind of cut-off version in poland
or that the models has been censored in some versions

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 18:22 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8932

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 18:25 

19 Dec 2009, 18:13

thanks a lot

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2010, 14:43 

17 May 2008, 15:50

Hi,

just read about "The Void". Looks pretty interesting.

I speak both English and German. Which version would you, the developers, recommend? Is there any difference in content? Has one of the translations been made with more effort than the other?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2010, 15:18 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Both of them have suberb translations and voice over.

The english version has the added bonus of having a patch applied over the german one. So apart from that, it boils downs to a matter of taste.

Enjoy and welcome :)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2010, 22:19 

21 May 2010, 14:57

[quote="bugmenot"]Hi,

just read about "The Void". Looks pretty interesting.

I speak both English and German. Which version would you, the developers, recommend? Is there any difference in content? Has one of the translations been made with more effort than the other?

Thanks![/quote]

I bought the German version, expecting to include English as an optional language as i can't stand the usual lousy German translations for games, with their translation errors and poor voice actors. At first, i was shocked when i realized that it was only German. However, it pulled me right in and i would actually say that the German translation and voice acting of The Void is amongst the very best ones i've ever come across in any game or movie.
The German version also comes with lots of goodies, such as artwork and the complete soundtrack.
The only issue i have with it is the time within the void itself passing a little bit too fast for me, while it is supposed to pass slower in the English version.
So if you don't mind the somewhat harder difficulty of the German version, you can grab this one blindly.
I do remember i saw a video on youtube a while ago comparing the versions' different voice actors and the English voices were just as great. So nevertheless which one you take, you won't go wrong with either one. My recommendation is the German one, though, especially because of the bonus content (i don't know if it's included in the Enlish version as well).

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 07:34 

06 Dec 2011, 16:06

ou really should read the SomethingAwful Let's Play thread of Pathologic. It's brilliant.

And I've tried the russian version of The Void. It's weirder than Pathologic and probably just as hard but at least it's somewhat polished this time. It was too hard and weird for me.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable