[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Brother combat; advice required
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:44
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2011, 19:35 

21 Oct 2010, 18:19

So, I'm playing using the easy patch and I've just been confronted by ironclad. No matter what I do though I seem to need to use at least 30 something colour to do ANY damage at all, usually a tiny chip of his health, and often run out before he's even down to 75% life...

Even the pangolin and other parasites seem exceedingly tough, even when using their specific "kill me quick" colours.

I do abhor using cheats on a first playthrough, but I feel like I may well have to. I love all the other aspects of the game, mining, colour planting the sheer visual beauty and uniqueness, but I cannot fight to save my life (literally).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 16:01 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Ironclad is one of the toughest brothers, with maximum HP about 7500 (or 8000?)

Try collect and grow into your Paletee as much lympha as possible, and use double damage when possible. Note also that in early stages his ring of portable cannons shoots cannonballs randomly, and some of them can destroy your golems (which tend to detonate at any moving physical object except the player).

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable