[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Void goes to movies!
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:46
 Post subject: The Void goes to movies!
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 21:00 

19 Nov 2009, 15:42

Well, this isn't exactly news - the movie's been out for over a year. But as it was news to me, and since I haven't seen it reported (and I searched!) so here goes...

I've recently been to the cinema to see the new effort by Tom Tykwer (known mostly for "Run Lola Run" and "Perfume", the adaptation of Patrick Süskind's novel) called "Three" (German: "Drei"). And you can imagine my surprise and delight and I saw The Void on the big screen! It's featured as a game that one of the main character's son is playing, and we can see, apart from a few coloured trees, Uta and Mantid in their Germain-speaking incarnations. Congratulations to them both for their first movie cameos, and here's hoping that many new offers will follow this splendid debut! :lol:

A quick summary for those who are now eager to see the movie: it's a quirky comedy (I probably should say romantic comedy, but those words have such a stigma attached to them, and anyway it's not really representative of the genre) about a (heterosexual) couple who've been together for a long time. They slowly seem to get farther away from each other, but they're not aware there's a new thing they have in common - they're both starting to fall for the same guy...

The movie is not without faults, but I'd say it's definitely worth seeing, if only to remind ourselves that love may come in all shapes (and sizes :wink: ).

(I hope that Ice-Pick Lodge guys god some fat-ass royalties off this! :P)

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 21:37 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

That's amazing!

I had no idea :)

Now there's even more reason to see the film. Thanks for letting us know!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable