[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Questions
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:27
 Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 19:31 

13 Jan 2012, 18:57

Hi, I'm a regular player of The Void. Till now I've filled the two hearts of the Nameless Sister, Ava, Uta and Eli. I have some questions which I hope you'll be able to answer:

1. I saw a moon with a big eye in Uta's chamber.Does it have any function?
2. Is it true that the game is based on the thoughts of an artist (not a real one I hope)?
3. Ole seems to not know anything about The Void. And she also said that she was meant to be my(player's) bride. What does she actually mean?
4. Why is Yani refered by Ire as 'little'? If she really is young, what's her age? I know this is a tough one so you can leave this one if you want.

Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 00:39 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

1. I saw a moon with a big eye in Uta's chamber.Does it have any function?
No. If you look around carefully, though, there's a couple of other chambers where you can see it too.

2. Is it true that the game is based on the thoughts of an artist (not a real one I hope)?
No idea.

3. Ole seems to not know anything about The Void. And she also said that she was meant to be my(player's) bride. What does she actually mean?
Ole was only born when you (the player) arrived in The Void. Therefore, she's too 'young' to really know anything. The whole bride thing is open to speculation and interpretation. I personally took it as meaning she was the one destined for me.

4. Why is Yani refered by Ire as 'little'? If she really is young, what's her age? I know this is a tough one so you can leave this one if you want.
Don't take anything in The Void at face value. Apart from her appearance, there's nothing to suggest Yani is actually young. Age is irrelevant in The Void.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 13:47 

Thanks! :D Oh and what's the 21st glyph? I have 16 glyphs till now. I don't really know very much about The Void, apart from color,sisters, and brother. I'll be asking more questions, so please answer them if you can. The last two questions of today is, I failed the mine quest given by Mantid. I was kind of shocked when the fight started (It was my first fight) and nervous too, my hands were cold and sweating while controlling the mouse. All I did was draw a few glyphs, and run away from him. I haven't been able to defeat him, so I just exited andtried to calm down . I haven't continued the fight, either. I just can't find a way to defeat him. Please help?

I have read about the tast given by a brother after killing the pangolin. Warden also told to kill the remaining two big predators. I know about Worm but what's the third one? Where can I find it? (i haven't reached this stage yet just asking)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 00:43 

I've actually written a walkthrough for the game which you can find here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/970707-the-void/faqs/62846

There's a strategy in there for beating Mantid (scroll down to the Brother Fights Section), though it'll be very hard for you to beat him at this stage. I'd suggest reloading an older save and trying his task again.

The third predator is Triton and can be fouynd in the chamber called 'Lemna', in Ire's domain if I remember correctly. That's all covered in the walkthrough too.

Just let me know if you need help with anything else.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 10:36 

your walkthrough really, really helped! :) a big thanks to you for that :D
I think I found out something new: When I was in Ire's chamber, near the pool I decided to draw some of my glyphs just for fun, since I had a LOT of color. I drew Hawk and Magnet, but I was amazed to see that the Hawk golem chases the Magnet one , circles it and collides and they burst into a white light. It wasn't Owl either. Hawk is only to attack when we mark an enemy with color right? it was not obedient this time. Do you know why this happens? :shock:

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 03:28 

Glad it helped!

Honestly, I've never tried using Hawk on anything but an enemy before. But, in this case, Magnet pretty much pulls in everything. So even though you didn't actually mark the Magnet golem, it will pull in Hawk anyway. Any ranged golem you draw will be pulled in by it.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 08:43 

I see :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable