[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • suggestions about gardens and intro
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:36
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 20:13 

01 Aug 2012, 20:03

I can't tell when I have extracted color from a tree in my garden. It would be nice if there was some indicator that I already got it. I would also like to be able to reseed a tree to get more color in the next cycle since I didn't have a real good idea what I was doing at the beginning. I didn't know that you had to be close to plant color on a tree and that caused some frustration for a while. I also died a lot when I didn't realize that you could take color out of a heart. I wanted to get on top of that tower but I couldn't and that was irritating for a while. There is a tree in the garden that I can't seem to get to and every time I see it I want to plant some color there so take it out or make it accessible.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 01:25 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm hearing "I don't like this, so change it," rather than you willing to adapt to the game and appreciate it for what it is. The game has been out for years and no one is going to be changing anything.

It's pretty normal to have to restart after you've played for a bit on your first time; we all had trouble adjusting to the unique game mechanics! Start again and employ the new stuff you've learned. I'd also recommend taking a look over here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10281 and reading through some of the tips in the walkthrough. They'll hopefully help! :)

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 05:06 

01 Aug 2012, 20:03

It seems that if you put enough color into a tree you can tell when you have harvested them or not.

Reading the faq is definitively required to get knowledge in the game. For instance I was under the impression that amber did what gold does.

As far as I can tell the game doesn't tell you how to run apparently it is shift in a sister's chambers. I was getting really frustrated limping to the back of death's mine to harvest a color vain that was back there.

This game as it stands has significant barriers to entry and doesn't tell you what you need to know to play effectively. These are flaws, while it is slightly disappointing that they will not be addressed I will be able to enjoy the games thanks to the faq that I wouldn't have looked for without you having pointed it out.

It is not the player's duty to adapt or rather learn though painful trial and error with the additional burden of having to read a faq. The game should be able to be enjoyable and comprehensible the first time they play from start up.

Thanks to the faq and forums I think I'll be able to play the game successfully. At this point failing to fix stuff is fairly trivial to me personally but it may serve to hurt the game's revenue potential and the potential of future projects that have inadequate tutorials.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable