[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Void UNDUB or Russian voice-overs for English version
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:30
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 12:37 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

I wanted to share the sound files of Russian version of the game (not the original Тургор) here, if developers or publishers have a problem with this I will remove it. In my opinion the Russian voice acting has far superior quality and it's a big part of this game's greatness that non-Russian players are missing. You'll see the difference once you try it even without knowing Russian.
I've tested it and it works perfectly, no sync problems at all, you have English subs and in-game texts and Russian audio, the only problem I had, the subs are disabled on first launch, thus you won't see the subs for the intro before you turn them on in the settings and that's it.
So here we go:
1 download the archive from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0iVRPy ... sp=sharing.
2 go to your game directory (steam/appdata/common/the void/data) and remove the sounds.vfs from 'data' folder (you might want to backup it)
3 extract the 'sounds' folder from the archive and just leave it there, the game doesn't need it to be necessary in an encrypted archive to use it.
4 launch the game and enjoy.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2013, 15:58 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Wow. How come it's so large? Two years ago I made such an archive of my own. The total amount of sounds fand texts for your full conversion of your game into Russian is about 400 mb.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 13:55 

C'mon, 1GB isnt that large. There are more than 3000 sound files in that folder, I'd have to manually delete every single file that is not a voice line just to make it smaller. No big deal though since no one seems to be interested anyway.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 18:20 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

And that's where you are wrong :D
Thanks so much for this!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 19:15 

You're welcome djkid :)
If you don't mind could you please share your impressions after playing for a while?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 20:30 

OK, here's the full pack for the Russian game that I was able to fit up. It includes not only voices, but also game's language in config files, correct lipsync animations, texts and logo ;)
http://tension-game.com/files/TheVoid_Rus_files.zip

If the voices is all you need, then only take voices and lipsync from corresponding \lang_Russian subfolders and place them under \data\Animation\lips\ and \data\Sounds\ subfolders in game's installation folder. If you want the game to be entirely in Russian, the just extract the contents to game installation folder.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 06:32 

02 Jan 2014, 06:29

Quote:
I wanted to share the sound files of Russian version of the game (not the original Тургор) here, if developers or publishers have a problem with this I will remove it. In my opinion the Russian voice acting has far superior quality, as it was mentioned here before, and it's a big part of this game's greatness that non-Russian players are missing. You'll see the difference once you try it even without knowing Russian.
I've tested it and it works perfectly, no sync problems at all, you have English subs and in-game texts and Russian audio, the only problem I had, the subs are disabled on first launch, thus you won't see the subs for the intro before you turn them on in the settings and that's it.
So here we go with the with the list of steps:
1 download the archive from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0iVRPy ... sp=sharing.
2 go to your game directory (steam/appdata/common/the void/data) and remove the sounds.vfs from 'data' folder (you might want to backup it)
3 extract the 'sounds' folder from the archive and just leave it there, the game doesn't need it to be necessary in an encrypted archive to use it.
4 launch the game and enjoy.
This doesn't seem to be working for me and I want to check it out...thanks for your help!

Last edited by accountrx13 on 09 Mar 2014, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2014, 19:28 

Quote:
This doesn't seem to be working for me and I want to check it out...thanks for your help!
Try my archive. It is directly from a developer's build, with all the resources needed to turn the game into its Russian version.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 18:53 

16 Dec 2016, 16:26

hey guys, i REALLY want to play this game with the russian audio! but it doesnt seems to work. when i load the game i just see a black screen, nothing more.
i have a german non-steam version of the game and put ur soudsfile in a soudfolder + deleted the sound.svf..

what have i done wrong, what can i do right?

THNX for any help!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable