[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Congradulations on the CIS release
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:41
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2008, 02:01 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

I suppose you'll all be getting some very well earned sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 14:33 

11 Apr 2008, 16:54

Any comments for us English speakers regarding Tension being released and update of the English language release etc ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 14:44 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Everything takes it's time. Personally I don't have to wait for a Russian release to play an English game. So I advise you to try and learn Russian to enjoy the game before it's localized.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 17:00 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Lol, don't listen to him, the translation is progressing nicely. :)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 18:51 

11 Apr 2008, 16:54

Quote:
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2008, 19:02 

Quote:
C'mon, you finally made "Tension" - a reason to make them learn our language :)

I just remember Baldur's Gate and Planscape:Torment, two things that forced me to learn English, why won't do vice versa now, when we finally have an opportunity!
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 19:28 

28 Apr 2008, 19:24

Quote:
Quote:
C'mon, you finally made "Tension" - a reason to make them learn our language :)

I just remember Baldur's Gate and Planscape:Torment, two things that forced me to learn English, why won't do vice versa now, when we finally have an opportunity!
I wish I had the time to learn Russian...

If this game was not coming out in English I would probably have to make time to learn it :D cant wait to play this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2008, 23:51 

Quote:
I wish I had the time to learn Russian...

If this game was not coming out in English I would probably have to make time to learn it :D cant wait to play this game.
Don't get upset, there are folks outthere proficient enough to make a nice translation))) Just wait and see.
No use to cry quarter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2008, 00:39 

01 May 2008, 00:24

This is one of the games I started learning russian for,although atm it's not going very strong. :(
I took some lessons,but since i moved,it went to hiatus...I'll start it soon again,I hope.

Personally I'm all hyped about this,seems like a very cool and atmospheric game. Hope we won't have to wait for an english version TOO long. :wink:
Although the nudity that is apparent in the game,may hinder US release...sucks for them I guess,but what do I know.:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2008, 01:02 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

2proekaan, Korvix: Don't worry - there'll be a decent English version - this time we are doing the translation ourselves, so we'll make sure everything reaches you as it's meant to.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2008, 04:12 

28 Apr 2008, 19:24

Quote:
Although the nudity that is apparent in the game,may hinder US release...sucks for them I guess,but what do I know.:D
I was wondering how that would work...as long as its just female breasts and just butts, it should be fine. We are pretty odd when it comes to nudity over here in the US. But its become pretty lax in recent years though so I am hopeful that the game will come fully intact as it is meant to be ^^.

Digital Distribution of the original game with a English option may be able to bypass the need to publish a US/EU version...I really couldn't say though Don't know to much about how it all works.
Quote:
2proekaan, Korvix: Don't worry - there'll be a decent English version - this time we are doing the translation ourselves, so we'll make sure everything reaches you as it's meant to.
::Dances Happily::

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2008, 11:20 

01 May 2008, 00:24

Quote:
Quote:
I was wondering how that would work...as long as its just female breasts and just butts, it should be fine. We are pretty odd when it comes to nudity over here in the US. But its become pretty lax in recent years though so I am hopeful that the game will come fully intact as it is meant to be ^^.

Digital Distribution of the original game with a English option may be able to bypass the need to publish a US/EU version...I really couldn't say though Don't know to much about how it all works.
Well with the witcher they covered up all the breasts in the US version and that was not a long time ago.
I have always wondered the reaction towards nudity in the US,it's like an evil that needs to be cleansed so the kids won't be affected by it,but then they saturate their minds with countless hours of violence.
But then again,in europe it's the other way around...:lol:

I'm inclined towards digital distribution too. You could try sites like steam,gamersgate,metaboli,totalgaming or gametap.

but as for the EU version being distributed to US region via digital way seems unlikely,since all the games on steam are US versions,aren't they?
And even sometimes games are region locked in some sites,ubisoft games in steam,the witcher in gamersgate....in the end it's very weird.
I thought the ability to release games via digital way means there wouldn't be the need to region lock them. :?:

Oh and I'm not worrying about the english translation,I have faith in you guys to make a great job. :P
I'm just hoping it won't take long.... :oops:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable