[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • US release date? - Page 4
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:08
 Post subject: Re: US release date?
PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:04 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

I do not know what subtitles are saying, but sister's voice tells nonsense: her phrases are collected from random moments of the game and are not tied with any logic)

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:20 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Well, my Russian is a bit rusty (ie. non-existent) :P

Still can your confirm the origin of the footage?

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:34 
Бессмысленный и беспощадный

21 May 2006, 19:45

I do not know, but it seems to be a leak)

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:41 
In Turgor!

/me pages LxR "Dr LxR to emergency room, STAT!"

:D

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:43 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

I don't think it's a leak, as PC Games is a reputatable German magazine. My guess it that it's a work-in-progress build that Atari sent for preview purposes.

Hmm... Okay. This is the page that the video came from. A quick online translation reveals the following info:

The Void is a complicated thing. A complicated, interesting, probably somewhat strange thing. In our preview we already explained the play with the colors. Because pictures say however more than thousand words, there is today a video from the Preview version. Consider please: The localization is not final yet to 100 per cent, therefore the acoustic output takes place in Russian. The German version will contain (additionally to the Russian) German audio.

So it seems pretty legitimate! Interesting that they suggest there will be German *and* Russian audio, though :? :?:

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 03:05 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

Damn, the video got deleted. By the way, the topic titled "US release date?" seems to be one of the most popular topics on this forum. Perhaps that could be taken as a hint? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 06:54 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Guys, don't you think that if I knew the release date, I wouldn't tell you? :-) I'm not that mean. :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 12:10 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Guys, don't you think that if I knew the release date, I wouldn't tell you? :-) I'm not that mean. :)

We never questioned that. ;)

I just ask the authenticity of the phottage as being from the English/German version.

You got to give us a discount, we are all hyped as hell :D

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 15:06 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Well, it is true that prior to recording the voiceover, we placed different bits of old Sister's lines over the game. After a while these voceovers mostly became connected to the subs that meant completely different things.
I was somewhat late, so the videos had already been deleted, still... I think these pieces were likely to be recorded from an old build. Not really very old, just the one made before the voice recording was completed. This means, pretty much any version might be built and sent to journalists. A month old version or older would be enough to hear russian voices.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 15:15 
In Turgor!

:D

Thank you my good gentleman.

Not that I mind Russian voices, quite on the contrary.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 15:45 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

2Throdax: How happy were those not bearing the knowledge of our language! These old voiceovers were really irritationg, as I heard one thing in Russian and read subs with completely different meaning at the bottom of the screen in English. It was so bad that I turned voiceover off after a week. Unfortunate fo me, because later it lead to a confusion, I mean - when the voiceovers were added. Not that it was important, but I forgot (of course!) to change the volume of the voices back to normal.. well... I had a hard time realising what went wrong with all the characters opening their mouths without any sound coming out.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 16:05 
In Turgor!

Quote:
2Throdax: How happy were those not bearing the knowledge of our language! These old voiceovers were really irritationg, as I heard one thing in Russian and read subs with completely different meaning at the bottom of the screen in English. It was so bad that I turned voiceover off after a week. Unfortunate fo me, because later it lead to a confusion, I mean - when the voiceovers were added. Not that it was important, but I forgot (of course!) to change the volume of the voices back to normal.. well... I had a hard time realising what went wrong with all the characters opening their mouths without any sound coming out.
I belive most of them are quite happy, at least I speak for myself. I can't quite tell why but on a subconscious level the original voices are always better, at least they have the sonority intended by the developer.

Allow me to expand a bit still:
The same happens with RPGs coming from Japan, for example, most of us, prefer the Japanese spoken voices over the English dub ones.

I come from country where nothing, except cartoons for very young children is dubbed, hence I get accustomed to hear everything with with their original voice, no mater what the language is, and then reading the Portuguese subtitles.

But I understand your point, if the what is being said in the voices and being read in the text don't match. Every time I find that in movies (what is being said in English doesn't match what is written is Portuguese, I have a very hard time following what is being said, and I usually end up turning off the subtitles :) ).

PostPosted: 20 May 2009, 19:20 

27 Jan 2009, 02:00

We are still awaiting this game anxiously in the New World. Take your time and do it right, Atari. Please. Thank you, Ice-Pick Lodge!

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 07:49 

01 Apr 2009, 13:53

Well, today the game is being bought by lots of lucky Germans. I'm jealous!

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 11:10 

27 May 2009, 21:59

Not today. I'll go to the mall with a friend of mine on saturday THEN I will buy the game.
oooohhh I can barely wait.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 00:31 

01 Apr 2009, 13:53

So, the German version has been out for a while now, and I'm having trouble surviving without it (all the talk on the forum has really whet my appetite). The problem is, I hardly speak German. Is it possible to get English subtitles on the German release?

Please, somebody, help a poor Void-deprived sufferer!

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 01:02 
In Turgor!

As someone who tried :oops: , no you can't put English text in the German game. (Unless the devs do some magic, which I sincerely doubt)

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 12:46 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Jumbo-mumbo sUbTiTaLiZaTiOn! Boo!
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 10:36 

21 Apr 2008, 10:42

Any news at all of an English version? At least of a DD version?

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 13:41 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

The English release will be coming, but there's still no set date for it :|

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 17:35 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

As far as I know there is no english subtitles for The Void, The english subs were made for original russian version (old Turgor, not the new Voice of Color), and the german release does not match it with it's rewriten story.
I'm curious too, why the english version take so long, the game is ready, and the localisation should be finished by now... Perhaps the they want to releas it with the built-in upcoming patch, with some bugs fixed and a rebalance? Who knows?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 21:54 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

Hey Lxr, don't you have a giant red phone with Atari's name on it? Maybe you can find out what's going for us. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 16:58 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Quote:
why the english version take so long
You should know that summer is not the best if not to say the worst season for game releases profitwise. Maybe that is the case. It's just a speculation, though.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 20:14 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

I'm just pissed as hell that I can't play a game that came out almost 1 year ago... :(

Either we get a bunch of games that nobody cares about and is pirated to hell and back or we get a bunch of people willing to pay for a game and the publisher simply won't release it in a language most people in the FREAKING WORLD speak :evil:

Sorry for my outburst, I'm gonna take my meds now :|

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 01:30 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Yeah, the publishers are really... erhm-hrm... bad people. I was pissed off a lot, when it came out that there will be no english release for Fatal Frame 4, I hate Nintendo since that day a lot more than I was before. At least the good part here is that The Void will be released sooner or later, so just a little more patience, and you'll learn, that it was worth waiting, I'm shure))

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable