[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • US release date? - Page 7
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:04
 Post subject: Re: US release date?
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 14:51 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Well, amazon still shows 16th October, still, the last time.... :(

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 16:12 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

Quote:
Ouch! That's a bit of a design oversight. Hopefully they do ship to the US, and will fix it.
Thanks for letting me know the store site is up, though! It's also showing another delay for The Void - Now Friday, 23rd October ...
SOME GOOD NEWS: the dude replied and said they DO ship to the US. However, his answer to my problem was along the lines of "try it and contact me if you have problems". So I sent him a more detailed explanation of my problem. I'll post the results once I get his reply and edit my first post on how to do it incase someone stumbles across this topic from google.

At this point I'm numb to the delays. I originally thought it was coming out in March, and it's been delayed month by month. The delays seem to be getting smaller and smaller, but meh.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 16:18 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Quote:
At this point I'm numb to the delays. I originally thought it was coming out in March, and it's been delayed month by month. The delays seem to be getting smaller and smaller, but meh.
:lol: I know what you mean. At this point, another week doesn't make a big difference. As long as it's out before November...

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:39 

14 Sep 2009, 12:34

Hi all

My name is Jason Codd, Commercial Director for Mamba Games, publisher of THE VOID! Hope your all doing well.

Firstly apologies for the website not been "yank friendly" we have instructed the web designer to amend this.....

As you have/may not have seen we are giving FREE delivery on pre orders up until 1st October globally! So you will only pay the product price, no shipping!

If you are ordering from the US, we can send you a request for funds, and this will allocate a shipment for you, so you until we get the website sorted, this could be your best bet.....

Best Regards
Jason Codd

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:45 
In Turgor!

Welcome Jason and thank you for bringing The Void to rest of the world. :)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:54 

Aye, thanks Jason. Mamba's sales/download portal looks like it could develop into something quite special - The same goes for the Odyssia label.

I'm going to preorder The Void through your site, as opposed to Amazon/Play - That way you'll get all of the money :)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 13:11 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Codd ;)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 14:36 

lol I love this forum. So far I've seen developers, reviewers, and now PUBLISHERS post here.

Anyway, thanks Jason. I got an email from a "Thea" and sent the money through Paypal *damn the weak dollar*. I edited my first post to contain your info and a link to the site. Now that we know who you are though, if there's another delay I'm gonna call my uncle in the UK and he's gonna show up at your house and rough you up.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 19:17 
In Turgor!

I just noticed the English trailer....

http://vimeo.com/6516798

Jason, if you can read me and have any power to do something:
Please, please, please, please, please in the name of all that is sacred, non sacred, blessed, unblessed... please remove that music from the trailer. :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Yes it is the same german trailer only with english text)

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 00:55 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

Wow, £20 and free shipping? I'm pre-ordering from you too (Mamba Games of course) :D

I also might get Scorpion Disfigured (looks pretty good), though I'd like to get some more info on it first. I know it was also already released in Germany by Atari, do I see a pattern here? You're not stealing games from Atari right? (just kidding mate :wink: ). Go ahead and steal those bastards, they're the worst company nowadays :twisted:

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 01:22 

Quote:
I also might get Scorpion Disfigured (looks pretty good), though I'd like to get some more info on it first.
There's a demo out there somewhere. It is pretty good - a shooter with added depth (e.g. a more RPG-style inventory system). Unfortunately, I had problems with the lighting in the demo which I was never able to sort out. But it certainly seemed good! And no-one else seemed to have problems, so it should be okay for you :wink:

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 09:32 

18 Feb 2009, 13:51

I'm getting excited now! I've been waiting to play this for ages.

Wait, I heard that the Mambo site isn't exactly 'yank-friendly' but how does it treat kiwis (New Zealanders)?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 10:33 

14 Sep 2009, 12:34

Thanks for the insight on the English trailer - had some positives also so you will have to turn your music down :)

All of our games at present for pre-order they do come free shipping and insurance up until October 1st so you will save a lot by pre-ordering!

As for Atari - no we didnt steal them :) but we have a close relationship with them so it makes sense to work together on some projects.

Scorpion: Disfigured : Its the same guys who did STALKER (external devs) so its a very nice game, great playability etc.... give it a go!

Jason

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 10:38 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Thanks for the insight on the English trailer - had some positives also so you will have to turn your music down :)

All of our games at present for pre-order they do come free shipping and insurance up until October 1st so you will save a lot by pre-ordering!

As for Atari - no we didnt steal them :) but we have a close relationship with them so it makes sense to work together on some projects.

Scorpion: Disfigured : Its the same guys who did STALKER (external devs) so its a very nice game, great playability etc.... give it a go!

Jason
:lol:

It is fair I guess. :)

The main thing with the music from the trailler is that it doesn't fit the dark moody ambience of the game. The music itself isn't bad, it just doesn't fit the setting very well. ;)

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 13:35 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

I still think this music would be perfect for a "The Void" trailer :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF2CuR_UmOc

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 16:42 

21 May 2008, 18:25

i guess the void is being promoted as a children's fantasy tale.

it's a shame that the trailer fails to reflect the brooding atmosphere, which seems like one of the strong points of the game.

i wouldnt want to play pathologic with this kind of music.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 21:21 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

so at last the world will see this great game, yay!

Geez what the hell was that awkward trailer with that moronic music?! Who's bright idea was replacing the awesome Turgor's oroginal trailer with this? T_T

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 00:15 

01 Apr 2009, 13:53

Quote:
i guess the void is being promoted as a children's fantasy tale.

it's a shame that the trailer fails to reflect the brooding atmosphere, which seems like one of the strong points of the game.

i wouldnt want to play pathologic with this kind of music.
Well, as for brooding atmosphere, check out the German/English cover.
*Cough*
It's not that I have anything against floaty women ecstatically spraying bouquets of colour about -in fact, I'd better go take a cold shower- but it doesn't really fit with the picture of the Void I got from the demo;P

Actually, where could I find the Russian release box art? It might be fun to compare.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 00:23 

Quote:
Actually, where could I find the Russian release box art? It might be fun to compare.
Right here :wink:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 00:30 
In Turgor!

Yup, except for the Polish version, all there covers where the same and I think they are pretty evocative of The Void, at least the last cycles ;)

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 00:48 

01 Apr 2009, 13:53

Well, knock me down with a feather! Thanks, I stand corrected.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 01:04 

I must say that I love the cover. When I first saw it, it really struck me as something beautiful and different. At the same time I thought, "There's no way that'll be used for the European release." I'm glad I was wrong :)

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 02:10 

Wait there's a demo??? Where?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 02:34 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
Wait there's a demo??? Where?
Relax, there's only a german demo out there.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 00:39 

11 Apr 2008, 16:54

Still waiting for my review copy to arrive, don't know what is taking it so long in the post :(

Really want to experience The Void in all its' glory!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable