[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The Void released in Germany (28/05/2009)! - Page 7
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:10
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009, 19:31 

27 Jun 2009, 16:13

shell? if i do so im not able to draw while the shield is up :roll: i can avoid his thrown off guns of shooting at me by using magnet and as long as im whether close or far enough he is not able to hit me with his mounted guns :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009, 19:43 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Stay away from him at all times and the guns when they drop.

As for shell, use it only when it lobs the three bullets in your direction.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009, 19:56 

27 Jun 2009, 16:13

actually my defence isnt the problem. in fact i think im wasting more nerva than i have to during the fight. :/
with enough azure in your hearts it is not that hard to evade the three bullets...

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 22:34 

07 Jun 2009, 22:42

Quote:
2KabraxisObliv: Nice! Thanks for posting these — it's rrather pleasant to see that we make gamers happy, not only game critics. :) By the way, somehow I think you'll like this: when you appear in the Adit after visiting the surface, go to the very bottom, where Ordalia is and draw a magnet glyph, a big one. You'll see why, if everything was done right. ;)
Err... little question.
How to enter the Adit? :D
It IS possible in the German version, right?

Somehow.. I can't. Or I'm doing something wrong.
After visiting the surface?
When playing you visit the surface twice, right? First time is on the roofs.

But I really can't remember that I saw the Adit from inside.
And do you remember the German name of the Ordalia glyph?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 22:56 

29 Jul 2009, 01:41

Quote:
And do you remember the German name of the Ordalia glyph?
My manual says "Ordalia Glyphe" ;)

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2009, 16:08 

Right, of course, the manual.
Sorry and thank you. :)

Edit:
But.. how to enter the Adit? :wink:

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009, 01:17 

*harrumph*

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009, 10:00 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
*harrumph*
In the German version you only appear in the Adit after surface exits or after you reach the state of Turgor. That's actually a bug, but it won't prevent you from cvompleting the game, even if you didn't pick up Ordalia. )

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009, 19:51 

Quote:
Quote:
*harrumph*
In the German version you only appear in the Adit after surface exits or after you reach the state of Turgor. That's actually a bug, but it won't prevent you from cvompleting the game, even if you didn't pick up Ordalia. )
Yes, but.. after reaching state of Turgor, you can't explore the Adit and that's what I want. :D
I am now in cycle thirtyX for the second time, but after the surface visits the game continues on the "map", in the void, right where I was before.

I already talked about it with a friend, who also played The Void, but he just said something like "You can see the Adit from inside? :shock: "

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009, 20:29 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Yes, but.. after reaching state of Turgor, you can't explore the Adit and that's what I want. :D
I am now in cycle thirtyX for the second time, but after the surface visits the game continues on the "map", in the void, right where I was before.

I already talked about it with a friend, who also played The Void, but he just said something like "You can see the Adit from inside? :shock: "
As I've said - it's a bug. (
You can cheay your way in by typing /go 32 (or domrthing close to 32) in the console )

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009, 01:51 

Oh, sorry, misunderstood that.

Thanks anyway. :)

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 16:18 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Things one finds on the internet: :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FToa2f6wNVI

Transcript: (May be a bit of and incomplete as it was translated by a German friend of mine. If someone wishes to do better transcript, be my guest)
Quote:
Announcer voice:
American dream versus Russian nightmare.

Weapons of the Americans, success, wealth and the ideal body weight per mouse click.
Weapons of the Russians, colour as "kalashnikov" of the soul.

In the sunny sunset valley, nobody thinks about the crisis. Instead player can catch big fishes.
The benefit of "The Void", the crisis already happened. everything is dead, nothing to loose just to win. In fact: colour, to bring up life again. instead of shooting, you paint.

Woman's voice:
Yes that already happened once. cast life just out of colours... yes, Bob Ross. well back to the digital world.

Nameless Sister:
Remember, here in the no man's land, nothing is more worth than colour. colour if life.

Interviewed Man 1:
The Russians are more experimental, they don't have a big budget, they try a lot of cool things. once in a million game. The game is art... and the void is a game. The idea: progressive, the idea is to create life out of death. every colour has its own ability.

What about The Sims: the sense about this game is the ability to create your life as you would like to want it yourself.
The void, virtual LSD rush, the more colour, the more naked skin you'll see.

Interviewed Man 2:
Seems like the programmers of the void took some drugs, or at least were drunk while programming this game and I bet its really funny when you are having a drug rush.

Announcer voice:
Who's the winner of the virtual worlds. the shiny new world of The Sims or the stalinistic apocalyptic scenario?

The Sims is more for the beginner etc etc.
The Void, if way more complicated, the player starts in a total chaos, hard to find in the game.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 17:28 
Старый Добрый Эль

Holy fuck!

Somebody, translate this into English please!
Definitely some peices of translation are missing, I'm interested about the credits photo comment in particular!

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009, 20:13 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

vs Sims III seems an out of the box comparison to me in general. I'm really interested in what the author meant to say in particular.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 06:11 

02 Sep 2009, 03:16

Complete translation.
I'm german (well, austria, its south of germany but our books are printed in the same language ;) )
but my english may ... well... be a bit individual.

The Sims versus The Void.
American dream in the virtual " Diesseits" (The now, the here, the real)
vs russian nightmare in the virtual "Jenseits" (Nirvana, there, also used for the place where dead ppl go, and for "another place but this")

The weapons of the americans: Success, wealth, and the ideal body weight per mouseclick
The weapons of the russians: colour as kalashnikow of the soul / the souls kalashnikow

In the sunset valley, nobody thinks about crisis. (more true maybe: Crisis is not to be felt in Sunset valley)
Here the player can catch quite big fish.

The good thing in The Void: Here the crisis has already gone wild, the heros nearly dead, he has nothing to loose anymore - only to win: Colour - to give life again to the desolate emptiness. ("Emptiness" is the word-by-word - translation i use for "Die Leere" which is what the Void is sometimes called ingame in the german version)

Instead of shooting, you paint.

then some stupid talking about Bob Ross that has nothing to do with the rest :shock:
then she says: Hmm, but now back into the digital world of the modern colour. *click*

nameless mistress:
Always remember: here in the emptiness (...) nothing is worth more than colour. Colour is life.

Stupid fuck:
The russians experiment more, öhm, they also havent, öh, these long... leadtimes? handling times? this is at least what the dictionary says. I use leadtime for now.

They also havent big budgets, which they then would have to explain with a book keeper behind the projekt, they simply try out cool things...

!attention -enter credits scene!

They have simply worked on it (word-by-word: they have simply sat them down there),
you can see it good here in the credits, how they also set themselves into scene.. öhm...
This is a heart-project (no joke or wordplay here, he says you've obviously put ur hearts into that game)
and such a heartproject comes much more likely out of east europe, and you can even say, that "The Void" is quite unique.
/ stupid fuck

The Void - surreal, grotesque, abstract.
Covered in the esotheric clothes of art.
Art in the game?
Or playing with the art? (we use the same word for "play" and "game" raining and rain)
The idea: progressive.

Nameless mistress:

Its the ability to give; to rip colour out of yourself and awaken dead things to life.

The other bearded guy:

The whole topic and the use of Death and giving Life through colour, colour collecting and the different colours have then a different meaning, i think for... i think wisdom and agility and... and such stuff. The deeper meaning and the handling of it, this could be the only (yes he says only) artistic aspect in the game.

The deeper meaning in the Sims: virtual addiction to a drugless life and: political correctness.
The Void - virtual LSD-"Rausch"
( = what u are when u take drugs or drink alcohol, the word is not negative, its quite good. Well, LSD is not, but - you know ;) )
The more colour, the more skin.

Its visually made quite nice, that you can play a little with the colours... and that you can interact with few poeple and few things, so you dont have to realize such a load of information or quests, that is why you can also... öhm... smile... looking stupid... smile brighter... öhm...
Thats why you can also play it quite well in a "drugconsumed" (Yes, i translated it absolutely correct. learn german, jackass) status... i think.
and then it flashes quite g... could make much fun.
:mrgreen: (Im not changing it here to my favour, this is exactly what he said. ^^ )
/ the other bearded guy

Stupid fuck:
I also think that the programmers arent a long way from there, just look into it a bit. There, it seems to me, has to be vodka or even LSD been in play.

(thats why I call him stupid fuck! :evil: This was on TELEVISION! Sew him! Make him pay! *eeeeviiiill* )
/ stupid fuck

Who will succeed in the war of the virtual worlds?
The beautiful new world of the Sims?
Or the stalinistic Endtime-Scenario?

Icepicky? Or big fish?

Stupid fuck:

the Sims III has a very clear system of rules, that also tells itself very fast to the player, there is a user surface, which is really definite, a system of rewards, which functions very fast, so you have first sucesses very soon,
while The Void lets the gamer fall and drown in Chaos for a start and doesnt make it easy for itself (yes right translation) to explain the different rules to the player.
Its clear, that a game that works in a clear rule system and provides many Success-Experiences and doesnt cause stress beause it serves more or less for relaxing...

:evil:
A bit earlier The Void was the LSD-game that was easy to play and relaaaaxing, and now it causes stress? Ah screw that guy...

...that this will find a bigger market. ( = will target a bigger group of poeple)
/ stupid fuck

It sounds logic, that Gamers will have less problems to orient themselves in a capitalistic-strategic system.
But the one who dared:
to breach the iron curtain in his head - this one can - only with colour - discover natural wealth.

/ translation

In austria we say: Habe fertig.

Have complete. :P

No need to thank me, send me a "The Void"-T-shirt and the thing is over. Well, lets say... two. k?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 07:19 

28 Aug 2009, 00:31

Got trouble ending the game. :D
I opened the four hearts of a sister (Ava), she's ready and waiting.
I am bursting with color (21 hearts filled to the max, 700/700 "HP"), but i can't send her up by drawing the "W" glyph.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 12:01 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

@Matt Gambler:
Thanks very much for the translation! :D

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 12:09 
Старый Добрый Эль

2Matt Gambler: Thanks a lot for spilling the light on this most intriguing interview!
And welcome to the forums! :)
Quote:
There, it seems to me, has to be vodka or even LSD been in play.
Oh well... In Russia they only ask, if were smoking marihuana or not. :? Well, we don't. Just in case. Seriously. :)
But all in all, as I understand this was one of the biggest german magazines speaking rather positively about our game, which is always nice. :)

2dust: It's a bit offtopic here. ;) To reach Turgor you also need to fill your entire palette - the health bar will start blinking. It's a bit inobvious in the game...

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 12:19 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Everything goes well with vodka... except for legs.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable