[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • German version: Big Securom-Problem
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:24
PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 21:39 

31 May 2009, 21:25

Hi all!

I bought the game yesterday and installed it. Securom does not allow to start it:

"Konflikt mit Emulations-Software entdeckt.
Weitere, detaillierte Informationen entnehmen Sie bitte http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500&l=ge.

There is nothing like emulation software at my computer. There are only games,original, no copies...
I tried all the tipps at securom support page but none of them helps. So I created a Securom logfile
and send it to securom. They confirmed the problem and wrote
"I've checked your analysis file, but will need to consult our developers to
offer a solution." It seems that there must be a big problem with securom and the german version.

It's the first time ever I had those problems with securom.

My computer: Win XP, SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, 2 GB, Geforce 8800 GTS, DVD HL-DT-ST GDR8164B

Any suggestions to solve the problem?
THANK YOU!
Greetings from Germany!

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 21:44 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Just to be sure, as I am not familiar with different protection software: does Atari provide any tech support of their own? I am sure, we will come to know most of these bugs eventually. But as for now, I don't even know, what to begin with. On the other hand, one of our programmers may know more about such issues...

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 21:53 

Quote:
Just to be sure, as I am not familiar with different protection software: does Atari provide any tech support of their own? I am sure, we will come to know most of these bugs eventually. But as for now, I don't even know, what to begin with. On the other hand, one of our programmers may know more about such issues...
Thank you for answering! :) Atari provide support but securom-problems are usually answered with "Contact Securom Support" ;)

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 23:02 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
Thank you for answering! Atari provide support but securom-problems are usually answered with "Contact Securom Support"
Programmers here... I had the same problem with other disks and there may be such a problem, that it just detects old "garbage" and nothing can help, except for sending an analysis to securom - they usually reply within a day.

Sorry, but that's all I can help with. )

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 23:58 

15 Jan 2009, 05:16

You don't have software like Daimon tools or Alcohol 120% that lets you create virtual drives do you? That's what usually causes that error.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 02:33 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

...and if you had Alcohol 120% or something installed in the past, it may have left behind some registry entries that are being detected by Securom (You could get rid of these with a registry cleaner like RegSupreme).

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 10:57 

Quote:
...and if you had Alcohol 120% or something installed in the past, it may have left behind some registry entries that are being detected by Securom (You could get rid of these with a registry cleaner like RegSupreme).
I never installed tools like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools. Cleaning the registry was one of my first tries, without success...

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 11:46 

Hi all!
It must be a securom-Bug: Fallout 3 is installed too. This game uses also securom. And I can play it without any problem! The only thing I can do now is to wait for the securom support answer...
Greetings!

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 11:49 
Старый Добрый Эль

Must be! They should send a fixed EXE quite soon — when I had the same problem with Alone In The Dark 2008 they responded within a day.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009, 03:01 

31 May 2009, 14:27

Hi everyone!

I hope we'll get a fixed exe for the German version soon. I don't want to install a second "naked" Windows just for playing games with nasty copy protection.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009, 09:33 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

silly question:

Does securerom comes in as stand alone? (protect.exe iirc)

If so have tried to reinstall it?

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009, 10:01 

31 May 2009, 14:27

no, it's included in the main exe files of the games

I also checked the system control panel -> software

There nothing like securom there.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 13:40 

Hi all!

Here a short update:

The securom support team is still working on the problem. Last week they send me two patched game.exe, one Tuesday, second Thursday.
Unfortunately none of them works. :cry: I send them the new analysis-file last Thursday and I'm waiting for the third game.exe.

I learned that the Russian version of the games comes without securom. Is it possible to play the German version with the russion game.exe? :wink:

Greetings!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 17:08 
Старый Добрый Эль

I don't think so - the versions use different script compilers and so,e of the German resources may be encrypted.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 19:25 

Hi!

Update:
The securom-team is still working at the problem. I haven't heart anything for a week, but I "solved" it on my own: :wink:

I registered myself by Microsoft, downloaded and installed Windows 7 RC on my second partition. This was easy, it installed a boot manager and now I can choose between my old Win XP and the new Windows 7. Then I installed The Void at Windows 7 and it runs perfectly! :D Now I have nearly one year to end the game :wink:

Greetings!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable