[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Dealing with the Mantid on the 8th cycle?
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:43
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 10:03 

20 Dec 2009, 09:55

I did a thorough search of this, before posting:

Now- I love the game- it's beautiful and unique in so many ways- kudos to the developers.

However, I'm in cycle 8, and already, the Mantid has called me out for brawl, and nothing I do- NOTHING- hurts him in any way.

Yes- I've waited until he's "drinking" up power, before I strike- and that makes no difference- my hits do NO damage. I draw out a LOOOOOONG strike on him- so long that it drinks up alla my power- and he shrugs it off, like it's nothing.

The only other person on here who has had similar problems hasn't even had to deal with the Mantid until he's well into the twenty-somethingth cycle- which makes me think...

Did I do something to draw the mantid out, before I'm ready for him? If so, what? I've played it safe, after two aborted starts, and am somewhat surprised that this boss battle hit me so swiftly, when I'm so weak, and still struggling for color.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 12:42 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

You can't use the same method you use on creatures with brothers, that won't work. You need to use attack glyphs.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 15:09 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

I dunno. I tried using attack glyphs, including the all-powerful Ritual glyph and it barely did anything. I loaded up on Red lympha, built up 600-700 units worth of colour and smacked with them at units of 100 a time. Seemed to work for me.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 17:16 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Quote:
You can't use the same method you use on creatures with brothers, that won't work. You need to use attack glyphs.
Actually, it is possible, but the Brothers have too much HP, so it is not an effective method of fight.

If you don't feel prepared for that fight, it's better to do what he asks of you, and he won't attack you. There is enough time for this.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 05:52 

Hmn- from reading your replies, I guess I did something to piss off the Mantid, for this to occur. I haven't any attack glyphs, at all, so I'm just gonna have to go back to a previous save, read my journal, and see what I can do to suck up...

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 07:41 

Okay- I think I've discovered the problem:

The mantid wants me to clear out two mines, but my journal says that I really only need to visit ONE mine. I'm guessing the mantid is cheesed off, because I followed my journal's advice, rather than his.

Have no idea which sister can open up the next mine to me- guess I'm stuck with a few hours of trial and error, before I find out the answer.

Also- I believe I committed an error- I kept feeding the initial sister, long after she told me not to, which sapped my color. Square one, anybody?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 11:18 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Quote:
Okay- I think I've discovered the problem:

The mantid wants me to clear out two mines, but my journal says that I really only need to visit ONE mine. I'm guessing the mantid is cheesed off, because I followed my journal's advice, rather than his.

Have no idea which sister can open up the next mine to me- guess I'm stuck with a few hours of trial and error, before I find out the answer.
Well, it is only reasonable to visit one of them as a first step, of course. Still, the task is to collect the colour the colour from the two mines, Pharynx and Bastion:
Quote:
Mantid, the eldest of the guardians, wants to test the guest, before he's accepted as an apprentice. You need to guess what to do with the Color that recently appeared in the mines named Pharynx and Bastion. Negligence is unacceptable ― the Brothers will take your Color unless you do this. You have 4 cycles.
The second mine is in Ava's domain. Don't worry, the colour from the first mine will be enough to open one of her hearts.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 12:32 

31 Dec 2009, 12:29

I have a similar problem: Mantid challenged me on 12th cycle and I don't have any attack glyph.
I went to both mines for Mantid's mine quest, exposed 3 colour veins in Pharynx, and 2 in Bastion, and that was not enough. There seems to be a third vein in Bastion ("the sister's voice says "and another one over there") but I can't find it.

Does one have to clear all the colour veins to complete the quest (and hopefully prevent Mantid's challenge?)

Thanks very much in advance!

Isi

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 13:42 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Yes, you've got to mine all the veins in both locations.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 14:23 

31 Dec 2009, 12:29

ah I see, thanks!

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 01:48 

27 Jun 2013, 01:39

hey guys, i have a real problem with this fierce mining quest, similar to above mentioned... i visited pharynx, found 3 veins, exposed em but could only was able to extract 2 of em... third one just does not respond to extract, even when i jump right onto it...

in bastion i found 2 so far, but second one is so badly angled, i cant successfully cast extract onto it (jumping right onto it wont work, too) ... darn recognition

question: is there a minimum amount of colour to draw/cast extract needed? i'm at cycle 6:03 and in the second mine, so i'm looking forward to the next cycle... my nerva is down to twice 20 and once 40.... i try to draw glyphs quickly, so about 10-15 colour goes out every turn... that (in my opinion and recent experience) is enough to get it done...

question no.2: in bastion, is it possible, that a vein is on the ground BELOW the water surface? i just can't find the third vein....

edit: alright, alright
...i figured some stuff out
expose takes -13 colours, depending what u r using...
and extract takes -25 colour, same, ... no wonder i could jump those and didnt get anything but a WRONG sound...

for this quest... in pharynx there are 5 treees, and for me, a single firefly (drop donor and harvest the flying thingy)... in bastion, there is a heart, which i collected earlier already, and whilst this rotten mining quest, go harvest those flying/shifting balls'o'colour .. voice tells, harvest when big, not when fading... if big, they give +45 ... fading, i guess is +26.. there are three shifting spheres, i got 45 45 26 and was happy... for me, jump them when theyre close for a +45, last one i didnt care, since i spotted the third vein (reload before entering, spots are randomnly done every time(1-2 close to entering point is quite certain, wait for dialoque, then look up))

hope this helps out someone
labas naktis and hyvä perse!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable