[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The void story
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 10:45
 Post subject: The void story
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 17:30 

15 Nov 2011, 15:55

Hi all.
So recently finished the void, thought it was great.
Took a very long time however and I had trouble following a lot of things.
Why does Sister death "Kill" herself, why is ole special (and death for that matter)
If someone could give a basic summary of the cannon events (things that happen in every game) and the general background etc of the game I would be very happy
Thanks

Post subject: Re: The void story
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 04:10 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

Most of it is open to interpretation. There's not really any right or wrong answer. So... there's not really an effective way to answer what you're asking. It's also up to you as to what information you want to believe. Are the Sisters lying? Are the Brothers lying? Is the voice of Colour lying? Are some of them telling the truth? The only thing explicitly stated in the game is that...

MAJOR SPOILERS

You (the character) are The Void/The 'Sleeper'.

What I can answer, though, is about the Nameless Sister and Ole. Why the Nameless Sister gives up her Colour and dies is, again, open to interpretation; but the point is that it's the only selfless act that occurs in the entire game.

Ole is special because it's implied that she was supposed to be your Sister. Of course, that didn't work out. If I remember correctly, anyway.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable