[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Cannot Enter Chambers (Steam Version)
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:34
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 06:16 

03 Jul 2010, 06:06

I cannot enter chambers from The Void. I finished the intro sequence, entered The Void, and painted a line to a chamber. After my symbol floats to the chamber, the bottom of the screen reads: "Enter Chamber (LMB)". However, clicking the LMB simply brings me to my floating body. I tried moving color around, etc., and returning to The Void, only to find clicking on the chamber brings me right back to my body. It appears the command for entering "body mode" (LMB) is overriding the command to enter the chamber--but I can't remove LMB as the command for entering body mode.

In short, I'm stuck. Completely stuck. Sad panda.

This is the Steam version of the game, I'm running Windows 7 with an Intel i7 processor and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 06:56 

Want a link to a quick and dirty video of the problem? Here it is:

http://db.tt/IBgw44

Clearly just a cellphone capture of the problem, but it should be enough.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 10:49 

21 May 2008, 16:59

Check your bindings in control settings. Is "Body" bound to LMB?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 17:56 

Quote:
Check your bindings in control settings. Is "Body" bound to LMB?
Quote:
It appears the command for entering "body mode" (LMB) is overriding the command to enter the chamber--but I can't remove LMB as the command for entering body mode.
Yes.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 18:39 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Use some other key for entering body. The default setting is B. In case something is wrong with controls menu, open /void/data/actions.xml and edit your key bindings manually.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 23:00 

21 May 2008, 16:59

Reset the controls then by clicking on the white glyph in bottom left corner. LMB is not bound to Body by default.
Or bind two other keys to Body, that removes LMB too.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 04:31 

When attempting to bind the body view to a different key, it always picked up LMB--no matter what I pressed. So, I assumed I couldn't unmap LMB.

To resolve this, I just hit a key very quickly after "press a key" shows up. Very quickly.

Thanks! Loving it.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable