[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Question about Silver color applications
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:27
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2010, 17:11 

08 Aug 2010, 16:56

Hello !
There is one thing I hate in The Void : predators. Especially those popping from the grass, I can't stand them.

I knew about the fact that silver prevents the chambers from damage, and at first I didn't cared about it. But I have those horribles creatures crawling in the first sister chambers, and I don't want them to invade the other sisters' realm.

My question is : what exactly damages a realm ? Drawing ? If so, does the color given to the sisters also damage their realm ( I give to every sister, but I don't notice predators on their realm ) ? Does harvesting (taking color from a tree, not planting it) also damage the realm ?

Another question : the favorite colors of a sister are more effective on her realm. Does that means planting trees of these colors will give more in each harvest, or does that means that damages dealt to predators will be greater ?

Thanks for your answers !

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2010, 18:35 

05 Jan 2010, 19:21

Quote:
My question is : what exactly damages a realm ? Drawing ?
Yes, everything that involves spending color damages a realm. Depending on what you do it damages it differently, and feeding a sister is the most damaging, followed by planting trees iirc.
Quote:
Does harvesting (taking color from a tree, not planting it) also damage the realm ?
Nope, but a damaged realm will reap less color.
Quote:
Does that means planting trees of these colors will give more in each harvest, or does that means that damages dealt to predators will be greater ?
It means it damages the realm more... don't know if it does anything else(I think it does, but it also involves spoilers)

Welcome to the forums.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 08:41 

04 Aug 2010, 00:41

This is probably the most difficult aspect of The Void's gameplay for me.

You obviously have to feed a sister to open her hearts, which simultaneously damages her realm. How do you properly minimize the damage done to a Sister's realm? I want to be reaping as much color as I possibly can every time I visit my gardens...

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 12:56 

08 Aug 2010, 16:56

Thanks for your answers Jaedar :).
Quote:
How do you properly minimize the damage done to a Sister's realm?
The trick is to store 100 silver in your hearts, to reduce the damage dealt to a realm when drawing larges drop of color (as Jaedar said, giving color to a Sister and planting a tree especially)... but I just started to use Silver, so I'm not really an expert in this field :oops:. I found that it's often problematic to store 100 gold/purple + 100 silver in your hearts, especially after a good harvest ^^.
Quote:
I want to be reaping as much color as I possibly can every time I visit my gardens...
As for me, I just want my piece of mind when working in my gardens, is it too much to ask? As if these damned Brothers were not enough...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable