[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • The game is too laggy on high end PC, please help.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:55
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2012, 09:16 

04 Jan 2012, 09:13

I just downloaded the game from Steam and the moment I start a game and am able to move the game starts lagging a lot, very few frames per second.

I have to following PC with up-to-date drivers on everything:

Intel Core i7 2600k
12 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 580
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64

I have run some pretty demanding games maxed out with good results so I don't know what's causing it. Temperature on CPU and videocard seem to be ok and within safe limits.

When I run The Void on lowest settings the frame rate seems to be ok, but I should be able to max it with my PC. Any ideas on how to fix this? Oh, I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor BTW.

Edit: The game is also choppy in lowest settings, I just retested it. Could it be the game is not detecting my video card? When I click Autodetect it says "Failed to choose optimal presets for your video card. Minimum settings were selected.".

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 07:40 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

Most games fail to properly detect a video card, so i don't think that's the problem.

What resolution are you running the actual game at? If I remember correctly, it doesn't support very high monitor resolutions very well. That might be at least part of your problem.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 23:28 

Thanks a lot for your reply barkera. I started trying to play the game in 1920x1080. After reading your comment I tried playing it with other resolutions with no improvement. I have tried playing it on lowest settings with no luck. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any ideas how I could make it work?

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012, 16:08 

22 Aug 2011, 11:50

Maybe give compatibility mode for XP/Vista a shot?

Also, I did a search and this guy had some lag problems (among other stuff) too:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9574&hilit=lag

One suggestion was to disable something in Steam. What ultimately solved it for him was updating his drivers.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012, 02:41 

I can't thank you enough for the help mate! Thank you for taking the time to answer. I can play now, I'm guessing it was the drivers (I had to update them a few weeks ago to play Diablo 3). I had to play a little with the game video configuration but in the end I 'm able to play just fine!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 08:09 

13 Jul 2013, 07:51

Same problem I was facing too. Then change my antivirus version on Vista.
You just do the same and Open up your Catalyst Control Center and force a lower level of AA.

http://underwater-hotel-dubai.com/ | malaysia airline system

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable