[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • How to reach Chapter 3?
It is currently 01 May 2024, 03:07
 Post subject: How to reach Chapter 3?
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 22:54 

07 Jun 2009, 22:42

Hi everyone,

as already announced in the other thread, I have a question, because I'm totally stuck in Chapter 2, Winter.

I'm in the Volcano now and played Organ Hero ( :lol: ) with 13+ Buddies.
After that the game told me to adjust those huge drums. Well, I did that and then some Buddies reached the exit using the trampoline. :)
Then flower fireworks started and one of those mechanical gods spoke to me.
But the objectives are still the same: Find the underwater volcanos and try to reactivate them.

Volcanos (plural is used) so I looked for other entries for a while... but found none (it's pretty hard because the range of sight is of course pretty short). Then I went back to first underwater volcano with seven new buddies, they jumped in that "hole" in the ground which leads to the trampoline and some of them again jumped out of the volcano. Then again flower fireworks.. and the god repeated what he already told me before. Did that a third time.. and again. Fireworks, Gods repeats his sentences.

So I went back to the surface to the main volcano to see if one of the other Masks maybe starts a dialogue... but no. Nothing happens. Don't know what to do.

Can anyone help me?

Fantastic game though. Really fantastic. I'm not disappointed with it at all.

Edit: Solved I think.
Of course - right after asking - I just found another volcano. And it was so easy to find.
I swear it wasn't there before. :mrgreen:
Sorry for taking your time.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 23:06 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Hey Kabraxis,
There's another volcano with another mini-game inside (We'll call it the 'vuvuzela room' :)). You'll have to find it by following the undersea railroad tracks and looking out for signposts and those lighted buoys when you get close.

If you bring your sub up toward the surface (just under the ice) you should also be able to get a glimpse of the surrounding islands, which should help with your bearings.

Just make sure you follow the tracks though, and you'll get there!

--

Edit: What is it with these edits you make at the exact same time I'm typing a response? :lol:
Glad you found it, anyway!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 23:07 
Композитор

10 Apr 2006, 16:14

Hmmm. did you already start volcano with vuvuzellas and gun?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 23:54 

Suddenly I found it, as edited. Sorry again but thanks for the fast responses anyway.

Reached chapter 3.

(In the vuvuzela room... how many Buddies do you need down there? The game told me that I do not have enough (when I had 7). So I returned with another bunch of Buddies.... 14... and another one... 21 ... still told me, not enough... 28... and still, not enough.

Okay, "maybe 30-35?", I thought. I just wanted to enter my submarine again when the message suddenly disappears and the minigame restarted on its own with a message like "It doesn't work this way". After the restart 28 were enough. I finished the mini-game. Because this seems a lot to me I just wanted to mention it here in case it is a bug. If it's not a bug... well, it's okay then. 28 were a lot but not too much.)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 14:00 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

28 seems... too much. You only need like 8.
I wonder what happened

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 20:34 

Maybe 8 really were enough but it looked like the game didn't realize it fast enough that I actually had enough.
Maybe it would have worked if I just waited some more moments. I will test it using a savegame in the vuvuzela room. :)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 23:08 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

There is no certain amount of buddies required in organ chamber. As you play mini-game, gnobes float through the tubes, exit the organ through the side tube and fall into the nearby room. Then they go to the hole again. So if you play this mini-game well, you only need maybe 7 or 8 buddies. If you fail it, killing all the buddies, then 13 may not be enough.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 02:43 

24 Apr 2011, 02:32

Im having a issue with the vuvuzela room too.
When the objective went up to go into the volcano's I started in the vuvuzela room
all the dialog came up but after that no objective, so I went to the volcano with the drums and organ. did all that one without a hitch now I go back into the vuvuzela room and still nothing... I've filled the room with buddy I've looked around under sea and the surface I've tried everything.

what am I meant to do?!

o and my latest save before that was the start of winter. -_-

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 02:53 

Quote:
Im having a issue with the vuvuzela room too.
You only need to bring some buddies there and let them dance.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 22:28 

24 Apr 2011, 22:16

I'm having problems, as well. I went into the first volcano and spoke with the captain. I was told I needed more buddies, so left and picked up a batch. Upon returning, though, I can get through the entrance tube but the surface is frozen.

I thought I might have to do something with the second volcano - so went over to it, played the organ and adjusted the drums. The Buddies shoot through the ceiling, I get the fireworks and the god talks to me about selflessness. I still cant surface in the other volcano, though.

I'm getting a hint now that I have to repair the defective tubes in the organ by stuffing them with something. I can't figure out what to do. I can't seem to find anything to put into the tubes (I've tried myself and I've tried Buddies).

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 22:41 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

That's really weird. The surface definitely shouldn't be frozen inside the volcano!

Could you post a save file (and a screenshot, if possible)? Thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:13 

Quote:
I'm having problems, as well. I can get through the entrance tube but the surface is frozen.

Your save is probably corrupted, check the log. The surface may only be frozen if the insides of volcano failed to load, and you continue swimming inside the entrance on the main level (where the ice is indeed solid under both volcanos, as you never get the chance to get to the hole)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:21 

Quote:
That's really weird. The surface definitely shouldn't be frozen inside the volcano!

Forgot to mention... when I first entered this volcano - and as still happens with the other volcano - the new zone loads when I'm part way through the tunnel. This doesnt happen anymore when I go through the tunnel with this volcano.

I've attached a screenshot. I don't seem to be able to attach the sav file, though.

Attachments:
2011-04-24_00002.jpg
2011-04-24_00002.jpg [ 168.17 KiB | Viewed 14906 times ]
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:53 

Quote:
Quote:
I'm having problems, as well. I can get through the entrance tube but the surface is frozen.

Your save is probably corrupted, check the log. The surface may only be frozen if the insides of volcano failed to load, and you continue swimming inside the entrance on the main level (where the ice is indeed solid under both volcanoes, as you never get the chance to get to the hole)
I checked the log and I am getting a series of errors saying:

<Warning> virtual filesystem "cache" not mounted, reason: can't open file "C:\Users\khyfka\AppData\Roaming\Ice-pick Lodge\Cargo\Cache.vfs"
Mounting filesystem "cacheb"
<Warning> local filesystem "cacheb" not mounted, reason: path "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\cargo!\data\Cache" not found
Mounting filesystem "strings"
<Warning> local filesystem "strings" not mounted, reason: path "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\cargo!\data\Properties/Strings" not found

That goes on for about 24 items. I actually went back a loaded the first auto-save - just after the start of the game - and those errors are in the log file from that load, too, so not sure if it has anything to do with the problem or not. I checked my drive and the Cache.vfs file didn't exist in the listed Users folder. It's located in the cargo!\data\ folder in the the steamapps - the Cache folder, however, doesn't exist there.

One other thing - I actually did a save when I was sitting in the volcano, prior to talking to the capt. As soon as I leave the tunnel and the exterior loads, the interior won't load again. Just traveling out, turning around and heading right back in I get the frozen surface.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 19:06 

Quote:

I see that saves can be attached if zipped. I've uploaded one zipped.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
28.zip [923.13 KiB]
Downloaded 472 times
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 20:58 

19 Aug 2004, 17:46

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your help.
Something happned during winter that affected world script (you cant enter indoor location because world script doesnt respond).
Bug occured much earlier than in this save. We will be trying to reproduce it but now I can only advice to start winter again from autosave made at the beginning of winter season.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 17:03 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your help.
Something happned during winter that affected world script (you cant enter indoor location because world script doesnt respond).
Bug occured much earlier than in this save. We will be trying to reproduce it but now I can only advice to start winter again from autosave made at the beginning of winter season.
I tried going back to a save prior to dropping the iceberg - i.e. prior to even starting winter. I did the entire penguin/races section over, went down to the volcano and the exact thing happened again. I'm able to enter the first volcano once, the interior loads fine but I can never enter the volcano a second time. The interior never loads again. I just get the frozen ice. The second volcano I can leave and reenter as many times as I want (the one with the drums and pipe organ).

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable