[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Cargo!: Sound library initialization error
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:28
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 20:34 

22 Oct 2011, 20:28

Hi!

I have just bought Cargo! through Steam. I have installed it in a Windows Vista PC. When I try to run the game I only get a black screen and the following error (in a dialog box behind the black screen, it was not easy to make it visible):

"sound library initialization error: can't initialize XAudio (0x80040154, REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)"

I have DirectX 10 installed.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 20:41 

30 Nov 2010, 00:34

up

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 00:11 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

I'm not sure if this the reason, but do you have OpenAL installed?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 01:58 

Thank you for the answer jakubcjusz.

Yes, it is installed.
I must confess it's the first time I see this "OpenAL" term, I have had to search what it is in the Wikipedia...
Following the info in the Wikipedia I guess it got installed with Battlefield 2, it is the only game in Wikipedia's list about OpenAL that we have installed.
Is there a conflict between OpenAL and Cargo! ? Do you know if I can solve it without removing Battlefield 2 from my PC ?

Thank you!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 14:50 

I'd try to reinstall OpenAL. Then it should work for both games (or according to Murphy's laws, it won't work for any of them ;) )

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:22 

Hi again jakubcjusz. I have re-installed OpenAL (downloading it from Creative Labs' site) but no luck, the game continues crashing with the same black screen & error dialog (I also tried uninstalling and re-installing Cargo! after re-installing OpenAL). Moreover, I have checked that it does not work either in another PC which does not have OpenAL installed, crashing in the same way. The two PCs are quite different (first one is Core 2 Quad with Vista-64 and NVidia card, second one is Pentium 4 with XP and ATI card and does not have any other Steam game installed).
Do you have any other clue ?

Thank you again.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 15:29 

Sorry, but no others clue from me. I'm run out idead. Hope someone from Ice-Pick will answer you soon.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 02:36 

Nevermind, and thank you again jakubcjusz.

As you are saying I hope someone from Ice-Pick will help me...

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 16:23 

Hi! I've just got message, that you can try one more thing - install DirectX9 (next to DirectX10 - you don't have to uninstall DX10). DX10 has no all procedures that exists in DX9.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 01:23 

Hi! Sorry for the delay answering. I think the presence of Direct X 9 is not the key, I think it is installed and maybe even the game installs it. I don't know how to check the different versions of Direct X installed since dxdiag only reports the last one.
Anyway, finally now it works! It started to work fine after uninstalling a lot of games (most of Steam games in the computer, including Cargo! itself) and then re-installing this one. It seems the installation of some other Steam game prevented Cargo! to work properly. Unfortunately I don't have a clue about what exactly was the reason...

Thank you again for your help and best regards.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 15:06 

Hi cardibafe! Glad you can play. I would never think that out :P But thanks for letting us know what can be reason. Maybe someone else will find it usefull.

Best regards!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable