[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Knock-Knock unofficial thread - Page 6
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:45
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 16:16 

02 May 2011, 22:27

Quote:
That's all, really? I thought that it would only cause "damage" to me. Okay, so after an hour of trying to find something "behind" or "in" the breach I found out that you can find ... nothing in there. At least not at the beginning of the game.

However, thank you, darien_ward
Yes, it damages you a bit, but the damage is less than when you run into a guest. If you close the portal, the guests can't enter. Sometimes a breach opens in a room close to you (run towards it as soon as you hear thunderclap and the camera moves to it), and you can close it before the eye appears and it won't cause any damage.

But then again, walking into the breaches has its benefits, as JuliusHorst said.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 16:24 

14 Jun 2013, 10:13

Quote:

Well, I did. I tried a few times to walk through the open doors in the corridors while the Lodger has his strange eyes. Guess I just had some bad luck. Going to try it again, thank you :)

EDIT: another question: If I enter a breach and find myself suddenly in the woods, how do I get out of there? Entering the house just resets the stage again.
Both corridor and forest can bring you the same benefits and - from my experience - always end up in restarting a level (that's why you should avoid them after the scarecrow shows up). For now, explore, learn how it works, master hide and seek, try to figure out guests rules. No harm comes from exploring at early stages. And remember, the opened door are not a bad thing. At least not always.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 17:16 

07 Oct 2013, 14:35

thank you very much, guys! You have helped me a lot! :D

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 18:14 

John Farson, you're welcome!

Upd: There's also a new update on Kickstarter with some do's and don'ts. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153 ... sts/619624
Pretty cryptic (as always), but still. :)

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 18:54 

Now that statement about beating the game after sanity runs out got me really intrigued. Some dos and don'ts fit my own discoveries... Some, I can't firuge out.
Also, giving away ladder exploit? You're evil, IPL :)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 10:01 

14 May 2013, 13:30

Well, from what I understood, the ladder exploit is not that good if you are aiming for the good ending.

But here a little nitpick: If you are currently waiting for more furniture to appear in a lit room, fixing a light or opening a door, a new breach will cause that action to be set back. Can you please fix that?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 10:51 

Quote:
Well, from what I understood, the ladder exploit is not that good if you are aiming for the good ending.
No, if you use it wisely (like, don't use it to skip hide and seek levels - escape and use it only when you have to).I'm guilty of using it a few times near the end :)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 18:28 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

Quote:
But here a little nitpick: If you are currently waiting for more furniture to appear in a lit room, fixing a light or opening a door, a new breach will cause that action to be set back. Can you please fix that?
I concur.
Quote:
Now that statement about beating the game after sanity runs out got me really intrigued.
This is also what I would consider Vital Information and I'm pretty eager for an explanation. It would definitely make the second half MUCH less stressful for me.

Also gonna suggest the option to reset a level. I'm not sure how feasible the idea is, but I am tired of resetting the entire game because I'm worried about my timer. Unless I'm missing some really obvious way to refill it, or slow it down.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 22:47 

03 Oct 2009, 19:00

Just wanted to add another do/don't to the list.

Ice-Pick - do continue to be utterly brilliant
Ice-Pick - don't ever stop being utterly brilliant

:)

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 13:24 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Game is now out on GoG also.

Go buy it now (again)!

http://www.gog.com/game/knock_knock

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 17:49 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

GoG doesn't take WebMoney :C

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 22:57 

10 Oct 2013, 22:47

What happens when the character instead of moving to a next eye or house just spins around? I suppose that's a restart of the level but sometimes it's the same exact level and other times it's different. Does it get easier the more i fail or is it just something that changes on random?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 23:13 

Quote:
What happens when the character instead of moving to a next eye or house just spins around? I suppose that's a restart of the level but sometimes it's the same exact level and other times it's different. Does it get easier the more i fail or is it just something that changes on random?
Yep, that's a restart. Sometimes the layout of the house changes (and does get easier), but it's random, as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 11:57 

14 May 2013, 13:30

Say, do we have enough info to make a reliable list of things you need to do, to get the good ending?

As far as I have heard, these are some of the things:
-Get fragments of reality. (I believe one per segment should be enough.)
-Collect the journal.
-Fix the house. (Is it neccessary to turn on the lights or is it enough to make the furniture appear? Also, do you have to close breaches?)

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 13:14 

Quote:
Say, do we have enough info to make a reliable list of things you need to do, to get the good ending?
Which one? :) As Dybowski said, both endings are good. The only bad one is when the Lodger loses his mind.

As far as I know:
If you want the Lodger to leave the house for good, you need to search for the girl in the forest and collect fragments of reality. I guess, walking into the breaches is good too, in this case, as they also yield fragments (sometimes).

If you want him to lock himself up in the house, don't collect fragments of reality. Avoid the girl and close the breaches.

Important for both endings: you need to fill the clockface in the 'real' houses before the white branch is depleted. As soon as the white branch appears, avoid any guests or breaches and don't spend too much time in the forest. Before you leave the last 'real' house, the clockface has to be fully colored.

Not sure about the journal and fixing the house, probably, it's needed for both successful endings also.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2013, 15:18 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12 ... ore-178077

Congrats IPL.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable