[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Help! (spoilers) - Page 2
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:31
 Post subject: Re: Help! (spoilers)
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2013, 12:17 

02 May 2011, 22:27

To beat the game, you need the clock face to be fully colored in the last house. If the gray sector is very small you can try to replay the last level, because the amount of time added is more or less random.

Otherwise, I'm afraid, you have to start over from the beginning.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2013, 19:23 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

As much as I figured out the amount of time added depends on the objects restored in the rooms, closed breaches, found notes and diary pages. Time isn't your friend - your goal is to fix your house as much as you can before it runs out, ghosts don't just throw you in the beginning of the level, they can buy you more time to do all that you need and clocks do not bring you closer to victory, they just help you balance the damage from the ghosts and stay between early end of the level and restarting the level.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013, 01:42 

07 Oct 2013, 14:35

Quote:
As much as I figured out the amount of time added depends on the objects restored in the rooms, closed breaches, found notes and diary pages. Time isn't your friend - your goal is to fix your house as much as you can before it runs out, ghosts don't just throw you in the beginning of the level, they can buy you more time to do all that you need and clocks do not bring you closer to victory, they just help you balance the damage from the ghosts and stay between early end of the level and restarting the level.
So it IS possible to reach the door in the middle of the "map"?

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 14:08 

29 Oct 2009, 03:30

well, damn. I've played through twice now, and each time I've had a round of really bad luck in the second half. So I've gotten the go-crazy "game over" ending twice now.

As far as I can tell, the white bar is how close your guest is – so you can, sorta, get to the door very quickly if you do really poorly in the first level after the main guest. I certainly had fewer spots on my map the second time around. You can reach the door sooner, but it's absolutely not a good idea.

I just wish there were a way to undo the damage of having a crappy run.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 15:50 

07 Oct 2013, 14:35

Quote:

I just wish there were a way to undo the damage of having a crappy run.
Here a simple trick how I did it:

Try to make a "run" at the end of the game. Visit rooms, wait a second for a clock, if nothing appears, go on. I breaches appear, close them as soon as possible. Avoid getting "hit" by guests. If you hit one: alt f4 and restart the stage. The time will be reset as it only does autosave at the end of a stage or if the map appears when there is a reset.

Good luck!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable