[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Keeps crashing in one part of game
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 04:27
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 00:40 

15 Oct 2013, 00:28

There's a particular part of the game sequence where, if I spend too much time in it, my screen locks up and I have no choice but to restart.

It's the part where you go into the "eye-things" in the wall and then you're wandering through hallways with numerous doors. I think I'm playing it correctly as I was able to unlock an achievement after opening a series of doors, but when the cutscene/photo returned me back to the hallway, it promptly froze. I need to spend at least several minutes moving through this part of the game. But after a few minutes, my screen locks up. Please note these are the only instances where the game has locked up on me.

There a solution to this problem? I'm really interested in playing through this game. I play on a windows 8 machine with dual screens.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 10:15 

06 Oct 2013, 20:32

hi.
maybe problem is in win8. did you bought game on steam or you've got drm-free version?
btw. thats russian forum. i think you need to move this topic to other forum. not much people can help you here.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 10:20 

02 May 2011, 22:27

This is a known issue, the devs are working on it. Happens on Win7 also.
I suppose, the only solution right now is not to spend too much time in these corridors. You can beat the game and achieve any of the endings without them.

Upd: Oh! Looks like the patch is ready. Try updating your game. :)

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 18:29 

15 Oct 2013, 00:28

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll check it out! Also not sure why I'm in Russian forums but thank you for your time.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable