[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Ice Pick Lodge Video Policy?
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:26
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 10:03 

08 Jun 2013, 09:54

Hey,

Eagerly awaiting the release of Knock-knock. Supported it on kickstarter and have been following the updates. It looks like it will be a great experience!

I create videos on YouTube, youtube.com/johnyliltoe, with videos showing gameplay with commentary (Let's Play videos) and was thinking of doing a series on Knock-Knock when it comes out.

Does Ice-Pick Lodge support these kinds of videos? If so, is it ok to monetize (show ads within the video for profit) the videos? YouTube, as well as other streaming sites, require permissions from the creator to do so, so I'm asking on behalf of the Let's Play community.

I've just learned of Ice-Pick Lodge's other interesting games too, so if there is a different policy from game to game I'd love to know.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2013, 16:45 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

Hello Johny!

Yes, feel free to make videos upon our games.

As for the ads - no, I don't like the idea at the moment.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014, 14:48 

04 Dec 2013, 13:04

Most users are waiting for the release of Knock-knock as the most attractive features they have promised to launch. I am also among one of them who really wish the new program to launch soon and get this working with the PC and with my site www.bnschevronservice.com.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 16:55 

02 Sep 2009, 03:16

Just found this thread via this site

"http://letsplaylist.wikia.com/wiki/%22L ... opers_Wiki"

where Ice Pick Lodge is listed with a red "NO" and a link to this thread. Personally, I'm not using monetization on any videos (yet) and I haven't covered one of your amazing games (yet) anyway. But as a young and ambitioned Letsplayer who is researching the topic of copyright infringement and who still considers The Void as one of his favourite games of all time, I wanted to step by for a moment to provide some short advice.

There are some big, mean, superugly companies out there nobody likes because they sue everybody in the face. I know you guys are great, I remember your reaction to my review of The Void some years ago. Because of this I'd advise you to get that big red "NO" off the list in the link. Just creates bad reputation and makes people afraid to cover your games on youtube.

Best wishes and a lot of love

Matt

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 23:30 

12 Oct 2013, 13:14

Поддерживаю предыдущего оратора.
Я считаю, что инди-конторе не к лицу чинить какие-то препоны для летсплееров.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2015, 17:41 

21 Sep 2008, 16:38

Wow, who are in charge of that wiki? Why da hell they put "No" while
Quote:
Yes, feel free to make videos upon our games.
edit:

Ah, i see:
Quote:
NO means no to some or all of it. For instance, 2K games lets you make & share videos, but not monetize them. So that's a "NO" to the above question.
Guess WIKI author should make separate thing for "no at all" and "yes but not monetize"

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable