[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Knock-Knock unofficial thread - Page 4
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:10
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 21:17 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Quote:
Quote:
As far as I know, there is not beta and the game is scheduled for the final release very soon.
Throdax, please, see here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153 ... sts/608391 ;)
I received the email, I just didn't remember the date when I wrote the post ;)

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 16:50 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

*rises from my grave*
Would this be the appropriate place for fan-art? 'Cause I watched the previews going around and couldn't help myself.

Back to my lurking.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 19:12 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Hey, nice art there :)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 20:26 

14 May 2013, 13:30

Tomorrow is the release date. I already have money on my PayPal account, so getting this game will be the first item on my agenda.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 21:17 

21 Sep 2013, 10:51

hey
Image :)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 21:51 

21 Sep 2013, 10:51

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 23:41 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Does that mean the game will be available in time... like tomorrow?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 06:41 
In Turgor!

Quote:
hey
Image :)

Why is my steam list empty? Hum.. hm....???? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 09:11 

Does the German version take longer to translate? I can't find in anywhere in the Steam Shop either.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 15:50 

My steam list is also empty, but the game is definitely out there and people are playing it http://steamcommunity.com/stats/Knockkn ... ievements/

I for one, am pretty heartbroken. There's still plenty of time before the day is through though.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 15:55 
In Turgor!

It doesn't even show up in the Steam games catalog, only as a Greenlit project. :evil:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 16:15 

It is counted as released though http://steamdb.info/app/250380/#section_info
Perhaps it's a problem on Steam's end?

No controller support though? You're killing me IPL...

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 17:11 
In Turgor!

God dammit! The game was supposed to be release today! Come on IPL, help us out here!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 17:18 

02 May 2011, 22:27

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250380/

Yay! It's here! :D

Last edited by darien_ward on 04 Oct 2013, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 17:24 

05 Jan 2010, 19:21

I wonder when I'll get my kickstarter redeem code.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 17:31 

02 May 2011, 22:27

Quote:
They are probably sending them out right now. I received an e-mail with the code and links just a minute ago.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 17:58 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:
They are probably sending them out right now. I received an e-mail with the code and links just a minute ago.
I just bought it again :P

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 20:25 

Played the game for a bit now and... I love it.

The atmosphere, like in Pathologic and The Void is very well done, you guys at IPL really know how to get this eerie, mysterious feeling down. The only thing that took me a bit out of it were my extremely loud fans but that is not the developers fault. I am dying to find out more about the story but so far, well done.

Edit: Game Over, well damn. But it was fun while it lasted. One point of critique though: Often the layout really backed me into a corner, so I couldn't really avoid the "guests"

Edit: Okay, maybe you really should tweak the "guests" strenght down. There now have been several times were I lost the game not because I made a stupid mistake but because one of them found me in my hiding spot and the next one came up, without giving me any option to hide again or run. The door was closed and he was already in the room, by the time the other guest found me.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 22:33 

04 Oct 2013, 22:28

So, I just downloaded and started the game and... it's in German.

I mean, sure, I'm German and my OS is in German, but I'd really rather play it in English, especially considering that I'm thinking of making videos of it or streaming it and my channels are strictly in English.
I haven't seen an option anywhere to change the language, not in the configuration launcher, not in the game itself, not in any config file.

Is there a way to change the language?
I haven't found, like, a file that contains all the strings for each language, either, otherwise I would have just renamed some stuff.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 22:45 
In Turgor!

Quote:
So, I just downloaded and started the game and... it's in German.

I mean, sure, I'm German and my OS is in German, but I'd really rather play it in English, especially considering that I'm thinking of making videos of it or streaming it and my channels are strictly in English.
I haven't seen an option anywhere to change the language, not in the configuration launcher, not in the game itself, not in any config file.

Is there a way to change the language?
I haven't found, like, a file that contains all the strings for each language, either, otherwise I would have just renamed some stuff.
Right click on Knock-Knock on you Steam list, choose properties and go the language tab.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 23:10 

Quote:
Right click on Knock-Knock on you Steam list, choose properties and go the language tab.
I don't have it on Steam.
I have no idea how to get it on Steam except buying it there and, honestly, I don't feel like buying it when I already have the game.

I supported it on Kickstarter and got the e-mail with the download links and a key to activate the game. It did not include a Steam code.

I think I could have mayben chosen "Steam" in the survey, but it's been months, so I don't remember. But it seems weird that the Steam version has a feature (changing the language) that the directly downloadable one doesn't.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 23:30 

14 Nov 2012, 13:04

Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea how to get it on Steam except buying it there and, honestly, I don't feel like buying it when I already have the game.

I supported it on Kickstarter and got the e-mail with the download links and a key to activate the game. It did not include a Steam code.

I think I could have mayben chosen "Steam" in the survey, but it's been months, so I don't remember. But it seems weird that the Steam version has a feature (changing the language) that the directly downloadable one doesn't.
I also have the DRM-free version and I was asked about language at the beginning of the installation of the game. There were four languages available:English, German, Polish and Russian. You could try installing the game again and possibly change the language.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 23:38 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:

The language is not a feature of the game on Steam, its a feature of Steam itself. Outside Steam unfortunatly I have not ideia. Sorry I couldn't help more.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 23:41 

Quote:
I also have the DRM-free version and I was asked about language at the beginning of the installation of the game. There were four languages available:English, German, Polish and Russian. You could try installing the game again and possibly change the language.
That is usually only for the language during the installation process, but I suppose I could try it.

Oh, sweet, that did fix it.
Thanks, mate!

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 01:18 

14 Jun 2013, 10:13

Quote:
Edit: Okay, maybe you really should tweak the "guests" strenght down. There now have been several times were I lost the game not because I made a stupid mistake but because one of them found me in my hiding spot and the next one came up, without giving me any option to hide again or run. The door was closed and he was already in the room, by the time the other guest found me.
Same here - in the first serious segment with visitors, can't cheat them in any way. If I hide - the headles girl always finds me (Lodger suggests I shouldn't look at the visitors and covers his eyes when they are around, but that's the only clue he gives me). Closing breaches doesn't work either - they appear too fast and the doors lock themselves too quickly. I'll need to work on it some more :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable