[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Knock-Knock unofficial thread - Page 5
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:20
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 03:51 

05 Oct 2013, 03:46

I liked the game, but I was a bit disappointed in how short it was. I beat it in only 4.1 hours, according to Steam.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613 ... 824146A30/

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 04:22 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

Have all of the emails gone out, because I have still not received anything? I posted a comment on the kickstarter comments section too. (I'm Hypnotic Geese over there.)

As per the last update, I'll wait a while before getting in touch. Just can't wait to play it, that's all. Congrats on the release.

EDIT: OK, I have the key. It was actually in the spam folder of an email address which I didn't give to you in the survey. :P

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 09:50 

14 May 2013, 13:30

Good morning and congratulations to IPL again. While the game always gave me this eerie feeling, the real impact hit me during the night, where I couldn't sleep well. No, this is not criticism, you wanted to make a scary game and mission accomplished.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 13:10 

05 Jan 2010, 19:21

I'm apparently really bad at this game, can't beat the third level. Monsters just seem to appear out of nowhere and kill me.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 15:46 

Got the same problem. One time it was one of the ghosts, popping up right behind me the second I went up a ladder.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 16:22 

02 May 2011, 22:27

The third house was one of the hardest for me too. Also the second to last.
Many things are random in this game. Portals, house layout, guests' appearance. Sometimes a portal opens in the room next to you, and you have time to run and close it before a guest enters. I've found that if a portal is far from you, it's pretty pointless to try and close it.
Also, turn the lights on everywhere, but if the lighbulb breaks again while you're in the room, don't try to fix it - hide immediately.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 17:07 

Alright, by now the guests spawning behavior has become too much of a problem for my taste. Too often did I lose the game not because of poor planning but because the game spawned a guest right next to me without any warning. Seriously, it spawned right next to me, while I was fixing a light bulb and there was no way for a human to react fast enough to evade.

Edit: I streamed the game for some of my friends, here it is. Although most of you might not understand what I'm saying, since I speak German.

http://de.twitch.tv/valsion20/c/3035829

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 17:36 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Quote:
Alright, by now the guests spawning behavior has become too much of a problem for my taste. Too often did I lose the game not because of poor planning but because the game spawned a guest right next to me without any warning.
Actually from my observation they don't just spawn, they are mostly invisible up to the point they are too close. They won't spawn if you close the breach fast enough. Also when you hear whispers that's bad news, it means one of them is very close.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 18:07 

Quote:
Quote:
Alright, by now the guests spawning behavior has become too much of a problem for my taste. Too often did I lose the game not because of poor planning but because the game spawned a guest right next to me without any warning.
Actually from my observation they don't just spawn, they are mostly invisible up to the point they are too close. They won't spawn if you close the breach fast enough. Also when you hear whispers that's bad news, it means one of them is very close.
Yeah, in that case the invisibility might have been a bad idea. Most of the times it was like the game just didn't want you to succeed and threw a random monster at you. It wouldn't be that bad, if one touch didn't erase half of the level progress.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 18:32 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

In my experience they aren't invisible. If you soom out, most of the time you can see them roam the house after a breah.

If you see a guest near you it is better to try and hide than to try and fix the light, and not all of them make you restart the level. Try to close a breach as soon as possible to prevent them from wandering around and if you waiting for a breach to appear try to stay near a room with objects you can hide.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 20:01 

Alright, I found a sure but INCREDIBLY CHEAP way to win. Guests cannot harm you, as long as you are on a ladder, you can switch directions mid climb, so you could spend the entire level just climbing up and down, switching directions before actually reaching a level.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 23:09 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

The Guests are definitely not invisible, unless they're under a light. I typically hide and zoom out so I can watch them roaming around.

Now either I'm not understanding the diary pages, or I've run into a glitch. I've picked up many pages while turning on the lights, but I haven't unlocked any of the diary achievements. I'm also a little disappointed there's no journal option, so I can reread them.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 00:23 

Say, has anyone found out if entering a breach does anything besides changing the layout?

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 00:36 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

You can get a fragment of reality.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 09:48 

Alright, anyone know how to get the other ending? I got through the game but at no point did I get a chance to leave the house (other than to switch to a nightmare sequence). As for the diary pages, you can get them during the awake sequences, by touching the front door before it opened. Don't worry, I managed to get all on the last day, so you won't have to restart everything.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 15:33 

06 Oct 2013, 15:25

Right now I'm only sure of one thing about the game. When you are out exploring in the woods, don't be in a rush to enter a home. Keep walking until you see a girl in the background. As soon as you see her, line yourself up with her position and walk into her. You get to see some images which should do something but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

Also what are these "pieces of reality" in this portal realm? The only thing I understood there was that open doors mean you get out of the portal and closed doors move you to god knows where in the portal. Plus if I keep walking without changing a door the pupils from the character disappear :shock:

If anyone could explain this stuff I'd much appreciate it before my brains blow out.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 17:31 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Pieces of reality are those visions the girl shows you. Also sometimes the girl disappers without showing you those cutscenes, that means it wasn't the real girl and you need to walk some more to find the real one. Seems like the girl plays an important part in getting one of the endings.
Going through a breach is useful if you got a bad house layout you can't beat, once you're out your house rearranges itself. Also some people say you can get another piece of reality from there, couldn't find a proof of it though, for some reason my game freezes when I walk in those corridors for some time.
Also sometimes when you try to open a door, camera shakes and you hear someone banging it from the other side, if you still open it you'll get into a breach, which you'll have to exit eventually and get a new level layout, keep that in mind, I've blew many good levels which I was close to complete because I didn't pay attention to the shaking of the camera.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 20:10 

14 Jun 2013, 10:13

Guests are certainly not invisible. The trick to see them is to turn the lights off. Also, can't confirm for sure, but I think if a guest hits you in a dark room, it only drains your time. If it creeps to you in a lit room, it sends you right back into the beginning.
I can confirm I got a fragment of reality form the corridors. The trick was to go through locked doors several times, and then go through opened door (picked at random). But I can't find any way out of the corridor - after lots of walking I had to go through opened door to restart level.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 20:19 

What about the lifebar for when the big guy shows up?

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 21:03 

Speculation: Maybe the pupil-less lodger \ dark doppleganger (btw, awesome Twin Peaks reference with How's Annie!) can go through opened door in the corridor?
Bug report: Walking through the corridor for too long without going through any door causes the game to freeze.

EDIT.
Finished the game. Hats off, IPL. Loved every second of it (well, maybe apart from the times when I was screaming at the screen and showing middle finger to guests who creeped on me near the end of a level), I'm more than happy I backed this game and will certainly buy it again once it reaches GOG (along with Void, I hope).

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 14:39 

07 Oct 2013, 14:35

Hello, I've got a question. In the first parts of the game the guy says he should repair / close those breaches. What breaches is he talking about? The ones with the big eye? How do I close them? Everytime I enter them I find myself in a corridor. I can either go through open doors which restarts the current house-part or go through a closed door which leads me to another corridor. And if I'm walking too long the game crashes.

PS: If he has no eyes he still cannot enter the open doors without resetting the stage.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 15:00 

02 May 2011, 22:27

Quote:
Hello, I've got a question. In the first parts of the game the guy says he should repair / close those breaches. What breaches is he talking about? The ones with the big eye? How do I close them? Everytime I enter them I find myself in a corridor. I can either go through open doors which restarts the current house-part or go through a closed door which leads me to another corridor. And if I'm walking too long the game crashes.

PS: If he has no eyes he still cannot enter the open doors without resetting the stage.
Yes, the breaches are those holes with the big eye. To close them you need to turn the lights on in that room.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 15:23 

Quote:
Yes, the breaches are those holes with the big eye. To close them you need to turn the lights on in that room.
That's all, really? I thought that it would only cause "damage" to me. Okay, so after an hour of trying to find something "behind" or "in" the breach I found out that you can find ... nothing in there. At least not at the beginning of the game.

However, thank you, darien_ward

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 15:30 

Quote:
That's all, really? I thought that it would only cause "damage" to me. Okay, so after an hour of trying to find something "behind" or "in" the breach I found out that you can find ... nothing in there. At least not at the beginning of the game.

However, thank you, darien_ward
Actually, if you explore those corridors for some time (and you can allow yourself to do this at the beginning of the game) you can find some pretty interesting stuff there :) Just remember, not all opened doors are bad. And pay attention to Lodger's eyes.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 15:42 

Quote:
Actually, if you explore those corridors for some time (and you can allow yourself to do this at the beginning of the game) you can find some pretty interesting stuff there :) Just remember, not all opened doors are bad. And pay attention to Lodger's eyes.
Well, I did. I tried a few times to walk through the open doors in the corridors while the Lodger has his strange eyes. Guess I just had some bad luck. Going to try it again, thank you :)

EDIT: another question: If I enter a breach and find myself suddenly in the woods, how do I get out of there? Entering the house just resets the stage again.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable