[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Pathologic Remake
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:57
 Post subject: Pathologic Remake
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 10:00 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

You tricky tricky tricky bastards.... hiding stuff from us. :evil: :evil:

https://vk.com/icepicklodge

According to my sources (Google translate and a poster from another forum)
Quote:
Today, IPL announced a remake of Pathologic on VKontakte. There will be a Kickstarter.
Quote:
Friends .

We initiate resuscitation Mora.

Make this game will be very difficult . Magnitude of the task to which we swung far exceed our resources . Therefore, we will refer to your help whenever possible.

The first task that faces us - Kick training .
Why do you always relegate your English audience? :cry: :cry:

Post subject: Re: Pathologic Remake
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 17:44 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

I AM FLIPPING OUT
THIS KIND OF INFO NEEDS TO BE IN NEON LIGHTS!!!
I want to help with the trailer so bad! If only I wasn't on the other side of the world aaahhhhh!

They added my art to their fanart album oh my god oh my god oh my god

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 22:33 
In Turgor!

The seed beggins to grow thanks to an anonymous tip ;)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11 ... ic-remake/

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 23:19 

03 Oct 2009, 19:00

Backed Knock-knock as soon as I heard about it. Would support this in an instant! Picked it up again on gog for myself and a friend. This would be even better though :D

Time to start drumming up support again as with Knock-knock? :D

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 12:40 

18 Apr 2008, 05:53

I guess the reason why this was not yet announced to english community is because all news were tied strictly to events that only people who live in Moscow are capable to attend. So it would be pointless to spread it across the globe. Anyway, I did a rough translation of updates from IPL's official VK group to sate your curiosity. But it really not much, so don't feel left out - all the actual news are usually announced properly.

Update 1 (26. 11. 13)
Code:
Friends.
We are starting to reanimate Pathologic.
It will be very difficult to create this game. The scale of the task that lies before us is far bigger than amount of resources available. So we will seek out your help at any opportunity presented.

First task that we have to complete is to prepare for Kickstarter campaign.

We will need to film several videos for introduction.

- 1 - 

For the first one we will need to film a short scene: big hall (out of use machinery room), people will lie on the floor in rows, covered with sheets. We need around 40-50 people for this. Each one will need have to bring a white sheet (without any patterns on it), better if it has been in use, tears are allowed to have. Don't pick your best clothes: you will need to lay down for around 10 min on dirty floor, no mattresses will be provided.

Location: Moscow, Tverskaya Street, 7 (Central Telegraph Building). We will announce time later: event will probably occur on this weekend, but schedule is flexible. Please, anyone who wants to help us, check out in this tread's comments about the time when you will be able to join in. If we wont find 20 people we will cancel the shooting.

- 2 - 

For second video we need to chose several most prominent fan works: including art, cosplay and fan-video. This fanart (only the most impressive examples of it!) needs to be gathered in one place (this album http://vk.com/album-33165854_183058885) and in good quality. A lot of things that we have seen on net are not uploaded to this group and many of those that are here are presented in awful quality.

Nikita, maybe you have some ideas how to organize all this?

- 3 - 

Beside that we need people who speak English fluently and who are ready to tell about the game on camera: it will be better if we could gather at least ten people, the more the merrier. Such people we ask not to write in comments, but send emails straight to Nikolai on nord@ice-pick.com

We are counting on you!
Update 2 (27. 11. 13)
Code:
And so, friends, people who are ready to help out in shooting - we are welcome you to join us in this event: please, join this special event group only if you have serious intent to go, we will not count joined people as "potential" participants: https://vk.com/ice_pick_teaser_1
Update 3 (27. 11. 13)
Code:
Dear friends! Attention please! If someone checked out in comments to these treads that he will join up but did not send his name to nord@ice-pick.com - he will not be able to pass into the building! Just like a Barlog, it is.

Please, don't check out in comments to this tread, instead joint the event group from previous update post: all details of shooting on this Saturday are discussed there!

We will repost link here, just in case: https://vk.com/ice_pick_teaser_1
TL;DR: IPL started Pathologic remake and on this Saturday, November 30th they will be shooting live action promo for Kickstarter campaign.

Attachments:
File comment: file posted with update 2
v95APQmvHlc.jpg
v95APQmvHlc.jpg [ 63.21 KiB | Viewed 33319 times ]
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 13:35 
In Turgor!

Well, thank to me the hype train has began with RPS announcing the remake :D :D

If I could be there I would brink and sheet, but alas I'm in the wrong country.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 19:28 

19 Nov 2009, 15:42

I won't pretend like I'm not quite excited and all in a take-my-money mode, but I feel I'd prefer Ice-Pick Lodge's limited resources spent toward making something we haven't seed before. "The Frost" maybe that Mr. NorD mentioned, which sounded so promising? I feel Pathologic, despite its minor shortcomings, functioned really well as a story and doesn't need much improving, apart from the translation (although as-is it also serves as a really good excuse to learn some Russian). Of course I can't know the difference between the final product and the creators' original vision, so hopefully something even grander awaits us this time.

Do any of you hope for anything in a potential remake? After reading about the planned trailer, my number 1 on the impossible wishlist is a FMV game with all the original cast. But alas, the Termites must be all grown up by now...

I still need to play Klara's version!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 21:46 

18 Apr 2008, 05:53

Dybowskiy explained the situation in several interviews, but they has not been translated yet.
The story was that after they successfully launched The Void it was decided that IPL will work now on game that is somewhat similar to Pathologic (but not remake/sequel, they didn't have rights to it at the time) and were promised a budget around 2 million euro (for comparison, Pathologic budget was 360.000 $). So, they wrote The Frost that spans across several generations, 200 characters and takes 70 in-game years. But then Atari bankrupt and they were left with no money and huge script. So they made Knock-Knock to see what can be done with crowdfunding basically (and some other things irrelevant to this tread).
And now when all opportunities to recreate Pathologic are presented it would be a waste not to do it. First game differed drastically from what was planned originally to do and they also turned out to be not experienced enough to create core of the game - AI for the Plague, that would actually act cunning and extremely intelligent (and some other things obviously). But that was just what game wanted to look like at the time. It's not about technological side, it's just turned out to be completely different story (which is no surprise considering how many times script was rewritten).
So, basically, remake will not be just renewing graphics and gameplay, it promises to be a whole new game. Even if from the start it will go along the lines of original concept we all know how much IPL games tend to change during developing, so end result could be something absolutely new. Besides, if they will not do it now they will probably never be able to do it. IPL create games when there is time for them to be created and now is just time has come for Pathologic to reborn.

P.S. Dybowskiy mentioned several times that they did not closed The Frost completely, it was just put on hold. But if/when they will be able to make actual game it will probably use technique that is similar to one used in Knock-Knock, not 3D models.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2013, 01:54 

Quote:
Dybowskiy explained the situation in several interviews, but they has not been translated yet.
The story was that after they successfully launched The Void it was decided that IPL will work now on game that is somewhat similar to Pathologic (but not remake/sequel, they didn't have rights to it at the time) and were promised a budget around 2 million euro (for comparison, Pathologic budget was 360.000 $). So, they wrote The Frost that spans across several generations, 200 characters and takes 70 in-game years. But then Atari bankrupt and they were left with no money and huge script. So they made Knock-Knock to see what can be done with crowdfunding basically (and some other things irrelevant to this tread).
And now when all opportunities to recreate Pathologic are presented it would be a waste not to do it. First game differed drastically from what was planned originally to do and they also turned out to be not experienced enough to create core of the game - AI for the Plague, that would actually act cunning and extremely intelligent (and some other things obviously). But that was just what game wanted to look like at the time. It's not about technological side, it's just turned out to be completely different story (which is no surprise considering how many times script was rewritten).
So, basically, remake will not be just renewing graphics and gameplay, it promises to be a whole new game. Even if from the start it will go along the lines of original concept we all know how much IPL games tend to change during developing, so end result could be something absolutely new. Besides, if they will not do it now they will probably never be able to do it. IPL create games when there is time for them to be created and now is just time has come for Pathologic to reborn.

P.S. Dybowskiy mentioned several times that they did not closed The Frost completely, it was just put on hold. But if/when they will be able to make actual game it will probably use technique that is similar to one used in Knock-Knock, not 3D models.
Thanks for the update :)

I'm just waiting for the campaign to start so that I can back it! :D Would be great to see another simultaneous gog release as well as with Knock-knock :D

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 01:36 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

Oh hell yeah! Since Pathologic is my favorite game from Ice-Pick by far (even if I enjoyed Knock-Knock quite a bit) and I don't want to play it any more due to a shitty translation, I would love to see the game remade! Where do we make suggestions as to what could be improved upon? :P Perhaps in the kickstarter campaign thread later on? I would love to hear what they would like to change, also! Not too much of the story I hope? I'll look in here from time to time then!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 12:54 

02 May 2011, 22:27

New update from their Facebook page. IPL needs help from their English-speaking fans too. :)

https://www.facebook.com/icepicklodge
Quote:
Hey friends. Seems there are rumors circulating that we're reanimating Pathologic. Are they true? Well, putting it simply... yeah.

In doing so we've set ourselves quite the goals, and we're gonna need your help to achieve them. Several of our project ideas involve the community, and here's the first one: we would love to hear from you! Would you like to talk to us back? On camera. About Pathologic.

The idea goes like this. We'd like to collect small videos with fans telling the viewer about Pathologic and what's great about it. Or maybe not great? No artificial praise needed—we'd rather hear your cool stories, fun facts, perhaps some smart comparisons and interesting thoughts on the game. You are also obviously encouraged to present them in as unusual a manner as you like, as long as the result is a video. If you happen to be in Moscow in December, we can film you ourselves; if not, feel free to do it on your own. One thing we'd like to ask though is that the video is of acceptable quality, so smartphone cameras may not be the best choice. The video should be maybe a minute long (but please note that we may want to edit it).

There are some Russian guys already doing this, but having native English speakers or even fans from other non-English-speaking countries talk about our game would really be wonderful. So if you're interested, please mail us at alphyna@ice-pick.com for further details. You can share ideas or even your prewritten text, or you can simply notify us of your interest. Oh, and please use the e-mail, not FB messages, we're kinda lacking in the Department of Messages Checking.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 13:14 
In Turgor!

Someone please notify Quinns. I would be great to have him do a message about Pathologic.

Fortunatly I refuse to have Facebook or Twitter, so I can't do it myself: https://twitter.com/quinns108

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 20:01 

02 May 2011, 22:27

Quote:
Someone please notify Quinns. I would be great to have him do a message about Pathologic.

Fortunatly I refuse to have Facebook or Twitter, so I can't do it myself: https://twitter.com/quinns108
Yay! I did, and he answered! He said he had emailed them.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 21:48 
In Turgor!

Quote:
Quote:

Yay! I did, and he answered! He said he had emailed them.
Thank you very much. I'm sure he will make a passionate statement.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 06:52 

23 Sep 2013, 08:18

This is Incredible news! :shock:
A good translation will unveil the beauty of the game that not everyone got because of the original translation work
and a new graphics engine will improve stability (had some crashing with the original)

I am gonna be following this very closely.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 20:38 

Really hoping that there's going to be an option for a physical release as well :)

I can't help but wonder what engine they're hoping to use. Unity? Something new?

I'm all eager now! :D

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 01:06 

21 Apr 2013, 10:20

I'm in too.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 22:11 

30 Jun 2009, 15:27

When will we hear more about this? I'm stoked xD

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2014, 21:39 

Pathologic Kickstarter confirmed for September launch, with an ARG starting next month!

PC Gamer

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 14:46 
In Turgor!

I'll just leave this here:

http://youtu.be/r7ikBnFfGYU

http://feverishfeeling.com/en/

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 14:47 
In Turgor!

I'll Just leave this here...

http://feverishfeeling.com/en/

http://youtu.be/r7ikBnFfGYU

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 16:54 

So there's a "secret" section on the feverishfeeling site if you click on the left bull skull then it asks for a password :) What are you sneaky buggers hiding :D

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 18:31 

07 Oct 2013, 01:08

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... pathologic

Go time.
HIDESHOW

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 18:57 

So glad to see the likelihood of a PS4 release. It'll hopefully find an audience on the platform and likely shows there'll be controller support on the pc release.

Looking forward to getting back to the steppe :D

SO much good stuff in the pitch video. I'm hoping that the detailed and deliberate animations - reloading of revolver and hands opening doors are something that are present in the game itself and not just for a promotional trailer. There's a really nice depth and richness to the lighting, can't help but wonder if something like sweetfx could be applied on top to give colour/tint shifts as well.

Looking forward to seeing what the weather is going to look like esspecially. I remember when playing the original going through an infected district just outside the abattoir the sheer grimness of it. Rain pelting down, decay and festering plague on walls and the wailing of the people (here's hoping the child crying when reputation is lost returns). Hoping for some dramatic and oppressive weather effects (fingers crossed for lightning strikes) looking out over the steppe during a storm could be spectacular! :D

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 23:55 

57% already!!
This warrants a happy odong sketch

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable