[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Sit down to my table - Page 4
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:09
 Post subject: Re: Sit down to my table
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2012, 04:32 

14 Jun 2011, 09:20

Quote:
Being often asked about "what did you mean by..." I feel vexation
I think sometimes people look to authors in that way when they see something that was clearly intentional but that intention isn't readily accessible. Something like the Albino in this game I think would prompt that reaction a lot, yet I grant that the surreality would be one of the strongest things you could take away from that aspect, rather than some discrete didactic maxim. This surreality seemed to happen a lot whenever there was talk in the game about things coming from/being made of/related to the earth!
Quote:
because if I create some ambiguity it means that both meanings or interpretations are important in the game
How very Lynchian.
I do appreciate that in the game's exposition nothing is too imperative, except I suppose some dialogues about agency. Having played through Bachelor's scenario first, I still could not help but feel vindicated when the Stamatin's reject the humble religion. I also found it interesting that Julia was one of Klara's adherents, not Bachelors, and intend at some point to replay Klara and revisit the dialogues between those two.
Quote:
about a... language apocalypse
when I hear that I think of the film Pontypool

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 19:31 

15 Jan 2012, 18:31

Can I ask a question? :)

A couple of guys did a playthrough of Pathologic recently and wrote about their experiences, day by day. After they both finished the game, they had a try at interpreting the game and their experiences, to see if they could figure out some of the underlying meaning. That discussion can be found here: http://pathologistics.blogspot.com/sear ... 0Dialogues

Even though I don't know if I agree with everything they say, a lot of it mirrors my own thoughts about Pathologic's meaning.

So my question is, what do you think of their interpretations?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 01:31 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

Oh my... no, my friends, no earlier than finishing the "Knock-knock"... Last month, so we're now entering our favourite crunch condition Red...

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 18:56 

19 Aug 2012, 04:21

Since I can contact you easily through this thread, this might be an appropriate place to show you my review of Pathologic, which I just finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSXOQLLhOQ

And I still need to play all your other games...

On a side note, congratulations on being part of the Indie Royale!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2012, 23:34 

24 Aug 2012, 03:57

Quote:
Since I can contact you easily through this thread, this might be an appropriate place to show you my review of Pathologic, which I just finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSXOQLLhOQ

And I still need to play all your other games...

On a side note, congratulations on being part of the Indie Royale!
Excellent work with your review, Sexbad! You do a great job of highlight what make's Pathologic's horror and storytelling aspects stand out from other games.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2013, 20:02 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

I've look thriugh russian forum, and I've found poll about what game should Ice-Pick do after Knock-Knock. There is a option called: Аврора (Aurora). What's that? Another idea next to Frost and Vital Word?

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2013, 21:11 

30 Nov 2010, 00:34

Quote:
I've look thriugh russian forum, and I've found poll about what game should Ice-Pick do after Knock-Knock. There is a option called: Аврора (Aurora). What's that? Another idea next to Frost and Vital Word?
It is some large project, but not yet deeply planned. As soon as I understand, there will be Pathologic remake after Knock-Knock. And after that - something new like Frost of Aurora or something similarly large and great.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 00:09 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

No, friends. It's just a mistake. One of our many "after-The-Void" drafts of 2007 which was rest in peace very soon.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 23:38 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Congrats on a new release NorD.

How is the game selling for this first week? Any KS money left? What is next? I'm an anoying? :twisted:

And why don't you put The Void in GoG? (I know its not your fault, publishers and all...) :evil:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 21:38 

05 Sep 2008, 00:23

Hello! God, I feel quite privileged to be able to ask a question. I hope you read it.

(Knock Knock spoilers)

Q: - Having just finished Knock Knock, I can say I was utterly captivated for much of it, however there were certain design decisions which I found very hard to understand. The lack of hand-holding, the risks, and uncompromising stance that your games seem to be made under is utterly wonderful and why I am such a fan, but do you wonder if you're ever taking things a bit far? I think of the forest sections in KK, which might contain nothing at all for all the player knows, and how they are so prevalent, or how the timer in the last third of the game isn't explained as such, and how the credits sequence takes place in an infinite forest (right?) without the player's knowledge when up until this point we've only been encouraged to explore the forest.

Playing with intentionally making the player frustrated with the game mechanics is such a dangerous game and since you are such great artists, I'd hate to think the sales you scare away by doing this causes you financial trouble. Pathologic is a masterpiece on so many levels, in some ways it's the best games I've played in 22 years of gaming, but in other ways it drives you up the wall. There is so much walking! Why is there so much walking? A tiny fast travel system, carefully introduced, not too powerful, would have done so much. Surely, you must have known there was so much walking, and this is where my question lies. How can you be sure you're not going too far?

Thanks for reading. Like I say, I am a big fan.

Also if you remade Pathologic, even if you changed nothing mechanically, I would want to sell my house to fund you. Please God do it

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 12:39 

08 Dec 2013, 12:36

hello
im playing Pathologic (Its english version with czech translation) and i dont understand first scene with three main characters cause it hasn´t subtitles.
Please...can someone give me summary what they were talking about?
Thank you

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 11:36 

14 May 2013, 13:30

In short, it's an analogy for the rest of the game. They talk about a sick body (the city) and that they think what kind of procedure will be neccessary for treatment. After a short fight, they decide that working together is not an option and split up. After each of them briefly gives a reason why they are the right choice, they take their final positions and the stage goes black.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 00:50 

19 Jan 2017, 23:42

If only this thread was still alive... :roll:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable