[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • English/european version?
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 00:26
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006, 13:29 

09 Nov 2005, 10:52

I'm loosing hope of ever playing pathologic here in Sweden.
Couldn't you at least release an english demo version? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 07:14 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

There won't be a demo released, because even the smallest playable demo took 1 CD of drive space, which is completely unsuitable for downloading. But there will be some more Pathologic related goodies from me and Halfgild Wynac quite soon. ;)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 19:56 

14 Feb 2006, 19:40

humm...
i look yesterday on german TV "Giga" (Games and so on)
A reputation about Pathologic. And thay have had a Betademo...

well, i dont know, why the fans, who would buy it, going to spend money on the Software, dont have no rights...

there are many webspaceproviders in the net... and you could split your demo,of course. or set it in the edoney-network and the fans upload it for you.

Why dont you let it flow ?
Is it really so bad, how it would describe ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 09:24 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Hmm... We will think about edonkey/emule.

I haven't received a certain answer yet but I think that one of the reasons of doing so is demo including ALMOST ALL of game resources. Except for the voiceover and the scripts, perhaps, The game takes place in a steppe town. One continuous, unbroken "small" town (~200 houses). Of course, it is included in the demo version, and town's outdoor is the huge part of games resourses. The reason for demo being so huge.

I can distribute it through emule. If I will get a permission. Perhaps, The_LxR will help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 13:39 

This would be really great.
The westeuropean people have to see, how deep a game can go....
[excuse my bad english, please]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 16:23 

Sorry, this demo appears to be for press only. That's why the developers were trying hard to squeeze it to a size of 1 CD.

You may discuss it on Frogster Interactive's forum. I don't know if it will be of any help, though, as they already release the game on March, 30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 23:50 

Hm. But i'm not sure...
if a demo would published for free, many people would know it.
if its not published, many people would try to crack it & upload it.

I thougt, it wouldnt be so much, if anything is published
And hey, there are Onlinegames wit 1,8 Gig Clients. And they were played, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2006, 00:35 

Can't do anything. Demo was made and sent to our publisher (Buka Ent.) It's up to them either give it to pre- and reviewers on CDs or to give it to all people. Or even to play demo and then break the CD to pieces.

However, it does not mean that you can't learn anything about the game :wink: We are working on the other way to.... hmmm... to let western players do this.

P.S. And still I don't know anything about english-speaking publisher. It becomes strange.

P.P.S. I don't think that someone SELLS this demo. Perhaps, it is sent only to game magazines for previewing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2006, 17:41 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
However, it does not mean that you can't learn anything about the game We are working on the other way to.... hmmm... to let western players do this.
We sure are. ^_^

---- Alexander Pope

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable