[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Random crashing / restarting during gameplay
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:29
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2006, 01:11 

22 Aug 2006, 00:57

I have the UK version released last week. It looks brilliant! :D Everything seemed to be fine, well into day one, until the game started to crash randomly, causing my PC to restart each time! Now it's doing it reliably, sooner or later but not at any specific point in the game :evil:

My system is more than adequate with respect to the recommended requirements to run the game and I have updated all my drivers. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2006, 04:01 

21 Aug 2006, 22:37

I'm having exactly the same problem, my pc is waaaaay over the spec, and am getting random crashes at arbitary moments. Which is a shame, cos this game looks really good, very bleak, weird, surreal, thought-provoking and bleak, which are what i look for in good games. what's your spec?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2006, 09:56 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
causing my PC to restart each time!
Now this has never happenned to anyone before. )) Pleaase send me your DxDiag via PM. And if you are using custom cooling on your videocard - make sure that it's working all right. The system might restart because of overheating. Opening the case door and playing like that might help.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2006, 23:04 

Quote:
I'm having exactly the same problem, my pc is waaaaay over the spec, and am getting random crashes at arbitary moments. Which is a shame, cos this game looks really good, very bleak, weird, surreal, thought-provoking and bleak, which are what i look for in good games. what's your spec?
Hi there,
My spec is...
Machine name: BADASS
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Language: English
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 230MB used, 1019MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

I noticed your post but thought my problem might be slightly different due to the restarting. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2006, 23:08 

Quote:
Quote:
causing my PC to restart each time!
Now this has never happenned to anyone before. )) Pleaase send me your DxDiag via PM. And if you are using custom cooling on your videocard - make sure that it's working all right. The system might restart because of overheating. Opening the case door and playing like that might help.
Hi there,

Its never happenned to me before either! I don't think it's due to overheating as this doesn't happen with any other game / program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2006, 05:57 

31 Aug 2006, 05:20

I'm also having the same type of problem except it tends to happen 5 minutes in the english demo. It does not have to do with my graphics card has it can on the all the setting cheaked except vsync on no AA or AF at the 1024 resulistion puts out between 40-80 and up to 300 inside. I have also put it on the higest settings minus vsync and AA and got about 15-30 in the street but about 150 inside. Even with all the settings on the lowest except sound on high. The same thing happens every time.
Even with vsync on at my first settings it happens with frames between 40-60 on street, it happens.

I could put the sound on low put that makes getting out of the house, not the auditoreum oddly enough, impossible and thier is no in game sound. Previously when I used no soud with my FX5200 it was like low except low crashed with sounds. Now it is playable but I would like to use sound.
My sound system is a Nvidia NForce audio.

AMD xp 2800 2.08ghz
512mb
Diamond Stealth S120 Radeon 9550 256mb
using the latest 6.8 official patch

I would like to get it to but this problem concerns me.

StealthKnight

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2006, 20:15 

I have very recently found that the game works if I completely disable the sound in the games settings. I also have the nvidia nforce audio sound system. It's playable but not the same :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2006, 01:03 

31 Aug 2006, 05:20

I know what you mean. It's akward to play with absolutly no sound at all. At a minimum I would like to hear footsteps, doors open and close, and guns fire. I could allways play some music from my computer to make it seem less quiet. Hopefully a solution can be found in the future.

StealthKnight

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable