[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Ice-Pick Lodge wikipedia articles
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:48
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 13:59 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Hey everyone!

What do you say, we try and make some nice Ice-pick Lodge Wikipedia articles?
If we cooperate, divide the work into smaller tasks, we'll quickly make what one person would have to spend days of time on. There is already enough material to fill The Void of the all the articles. ;)
I know registration may stop someone from editing, but: No registration is required to contribute!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-Pick_Lodge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Void_(video_game)

I suggest to start with creating the studio article - make language specific Wikipedias make their articles by translating the English one into their language.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 14:22 
Старый Добрый Эль

PS: I've summoned the Russian section of the forum for help too. ;)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 14:31 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Not much time at work, but I'll mess around in it when I get home :)

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 19:32 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

I would love to have some more info on the formation of Ice-Pick Lodge, some good development trivia about the games, etc.

Of course, the thing about Wikipedia is that they require sources. So even if someone had all of this info, it would also have to be available elsewhere on the web, so it could be referenced.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 12:39 
Старый Добрый Эль

OK, I've made a basic stub for the studio article and added some links and references between the articles.

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 20:33 
Старый Добрый Эль

Added:

- Core team list
- Turgor/Tension/Void editions, tittles and explanations

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 22:13 
Старый Добрый Эль

- Edited the Void article.

Anyone else care to join? :) Somebody? Anybody? :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 22:46 

Nice work! :) Would I like to help? Yes! I've just got back from the day job, though. I need some food and some coffee...

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 22:54 
In Turgor!

Quote:
- Edited the Void article.

Anyone else care to join? :) Somebody? Anybody? :)
I will help, just like I did with giantbomb. I just need some free time, prolly tomorrow night or this weekend.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 23:09 
Старый Добрый Эль

Ok-ok. :)
Just checking!

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 23:58 
In Turgor!

Did a few aditions to The Void page.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 00:05 
Старый Добрый Эль

Cool!

One suggestion through — I don't think it's good for the article to just be a set of lists of data, such as credits. For a first - it's best to focus on coherently covering topics, like what the game is about, explaining in short about it's peculiarities, maybe... I mean, it's a bit uninteresting to read an article with just trivia, and a confused person may not have the patience to it. :)

Check out the Portal wikipedia article, or any gold article as an example. :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 00:10 
In Turgor!

I know, I'm just filling out the information that is easiest to copy and paste at the moment, consider it a work in progress. ;)

Side note, to upload images one needs an account, so start upload the sister images, LxR so I can create their entry ;)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 00:20 
Старый Добрый Эль

There's one bad thing about easy to copy-paste data — most likely it will be rolled-back by the Wikipedia team, or marked as something that isn't good for the article. Also, the article may turn into a mess, if there's too much text. Do you mind, if I remove the Credits and Voiceover sections for now? It makes me nervous to see WIP, and I just feel we need to do it 100% right, to make the whole article thing work. :)

There's a lot of other things you can do: extend the synopsis a bit, add bits of trivia, like "The game is known for having a lot of easter eggs".

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 00:21 
In Turgor!

Of course you can.

It is your game after all :)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 00:24 
Старый Добрый Эль

No offense, buddy. Your contribution is much appreciated anyway! :)

Backed it up, just in case.
Code:
==Credits==
==='''[[Ice-Pick Lodge]]'''===
*'''Core Team'''	
:Gauhar Aldiyarova, Natalya Gorbunova, Nikolay Dybowskiy, Vladimir Ivanov, Alexander Jukov, Airat Zakirov, Vasiliy Kashnikov, Aleksey Luchin, Ilya Makarov, Peter Potapov, Igor Pokrovsky

*'''Additional Development'''	
:Evgeniya Dashina, Andriesh Gandrabur, Vyacheslav Goncharenko, Sergey Kruppa, Ivan Solyaev, Natalya Valyukevich

*'''2nd release produced by'''	
:Wolfgang Walk

*'''Translated into English by'''
:Aleksey Luchin (The LxR), Sam Jeffreys (hydra9), Luchian Deurell

*'''Editing'''	
:Mark L. Barrett

*'''Translated from English by'''

*'''Voice Direction'''

*'''Voice Recording by'''
:Picaromedia Berlin

*'''Recording Engineer'''
:Peter Weinsheimer

*'''Poems by
:[[William Blake]], [[Maksimillian Voloshin]], [[Luis de Camoens]], [[Chekhov Anton Pavlovich]]

*'''A thick hearty thanks to'''	
:Natalya Arsenova, Elena Bahtina (Odri), Inna Bukatina (Sol), Julia Butenko (Kaelte), Elena Volkova (Lema), Kora Gusarova, Vladimir Dybowskiy, Valentina Klishina, Aleksey Knyazev (Lich), Yaroslav Kravtsev, Pavel Krutov (Zef), Andrew Lukashenko (Pinky), Georgiy Markov (Hof), Fyodor Odinokin, Aleksander Ruzhentsev, Nuka Semeykina, Alexandra Sinchukova, Elena Hudenko (Penguin), Eugene Shipilov (Clon), Sam Jeffreys (hydra9)

*'''An extra special 'thank you' to our devoted English speaking community'''
:Avimimus, FatherAzerun, Heteronymph, hydra9, Nautilus, Shadow Moses, Throdax, Tsolaelia, Unknown Terror

==='''German Voice Actors'''===
*'''Colors:'''	Markus Hoffmann
*'''Poems:'''	Helmut Gauss
*'''Nameless Princess:'''	Barbara Kowa
*'''Poems, Instructions, Uta, Yani:'''	Marianne Graffam
*'''Ava, Aya, Ima:'''	Eva Geiler
*'''Eli, Ole:'''	Karen Schulz-Vobach
*'''Echo, Ire, Una:'''	Brita Sommer
*'''Patriarch, Mantid:'''	Gordon Piedesack
*'''Triumphiator, Montgolfier, Waler:'''	Frank Glaubrecht
*'''Rauper, Driller, Tyrant:'''	Nicolas Böll
*'''Ironclad, Guardian:'''	Martin Baden

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 00:26 
In Turgor!

Why on earth would I take offence in that? :D :D :D

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:10 
In Turgor!

I was thinking on some work separation to ease things up on the The Void and Pathologic Page,

This is my sugestion:
-LxR: Overall page layout, misinformation cleaning, credits section, pic upload job ;)
-Me: Sisters, Brothers, Review Scores Collection on The Void.
-Hydra9: Gameplay section, Synopsis section, text heavy stuff (you write better than me :P )

-Anyone other that whants to help, feel free to shout.

I haven't though well on the Pathologic page roles, any ideias?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:16 
Старый Добрый Эль

Sounds good!
Just one note — please, don't overdo it! :)
General scheme = KIS = Keep it simple! :)

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:22 

Alright. It's a deal :) You might have to wait, though - I'm working for the next three or four days. But I'll try to find some time. You'll probably have to edit my stuff, Throdax, as I think you are the expert on The Void :)

As I said before, I'd love to see a short 'concept and development' (or simply 'development') section for both games. What do you think about this, LxR? Can you provide any info? e.g. Where did the ideas for the games come from? When did development start/finish? Were there any major changes along the way?

I like the 'KIS' approach. Most of the game entries on Wikipedia have a very similar structure (Example).

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:27 
In Turgor!

I like that review table on Zeno Clash, think I'll do something similar.

PS: Shouldn't it be KISS? :P

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:31 

One suggestion about the review scores: Don't put everything down. Leave out some of the smaller sites. And bear in mind that bigger publications will be reviewing the game soon. If anyone is that hungry for info, I'm listing *all* review scores on MobyGames, and Metacritic will be doing its usual thing :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:49 
In Turgor!

That raises a problem, as according to wikipedia any "major" site, hasn't reviewd The Void, yet.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 14:55 
Старый Добрый Эль

[*] The reviews — I like the way there's a score table on the Zeno Clash page. I'd go with a it, and a small paragraph with quotes, describing how well in general the game was received by critics. The current "Reception" section is close to what we need. [/*]

[*] Synopsis and gameplay — I'll help you, hydra9, and I will revise and edit these sections a lot afterwards, so be prepared! [/*]

[*] Concept and development — great idea. I'll try to work on these sections and add material to the main game site for references. Also - I think we should write something like an "Ideology" section on the Ice-Pick Lodge page with references to the RPS interview and others.

[*] Trivia — I noticed the Zeno Clash share the same approach to dealing with piracy - on the Russian torrent trackers I've spent quite a few days talking to people downloading the game. As a result, a lot of people bought the game. [/*]

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 17:00 

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

I can't eyeball the wikipedia site until I get home but rest assured I'll try and make a contribution when I get in - any sections in particular need work?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable