[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • release date for the english version
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:37
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 18:27 

21 May 2008, 18:25

is there a set date for the english version? how is the translation going?
cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 00:00 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Yo! The translation is done, but the game won't be released for a while.
Welcome to the forums. )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 07:31 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

How come? Not many games are released during summer, NOW is your chance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 07:34 

01 May 2008, 00:24

I would also love to play this now,but I guess waiting for september/october makes more sense business wise.

Shame really. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 08:49 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

If only there was but one version and an English localisation patch...

Good to hear about the progress though. Until recently (when the activity on the Russian forum picked up) all we knew was it 1) had a beautiful and reportedly flexible engine 2) had very careful and intelligent artists 3) involved lympha 4) was populated by guardians and naked women 5) was made by IPL (selling point for me).

My question: So what in the world does this have to do with Moore's Utopia? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 08:54 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

One more question: What type of distribution is planned in the west? One of the frustrations with pathologic is the difficulty obtaining a copy in North America.

If Tension is anything like Pathologic I suspect its popularity will continue spreading by word-of-mouth long after most large scale publishers would have finished with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 09:59 
Старый Добрый Эль

Avimimus: Moore (Utopia) is the Russian title for Pathologic - there's a game of words here. Moore sounds like pestilience in Russian, so the game is titled Pestilience - the Utopia.

As for Tension - I can't say anything at the moment, but you can be sure, that the game will be easy to find. We're turning our heads to digital distribution.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 18:36 

Quote:
Avimimus: Moore (Utopia) is the Russian title for Pathologic - there's a game of words here. Moore sounds like pestilience in Russian, so the game is titled Pestilience - the Utopia.

As for Tension - I can't say anything at the moment, but you can be sure, that the game will be easy to find. We're turning our heads to digital distribution.
Awesome news 8)

I know a lot of ppl keep praising steam,but I'd rather see it on gamersgate or metaboli.
Aaah,f*ck it,just release it soon and I'll be a happy camper(in a good way).:D

I don't know if this has been asked,but will there be collectors edition or similar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 03:43 

28 Apr 2008, 19:24

ARRGGGG....

I want this game so bad...hopefully its worth the wait!

Also, STEAM is my Favorite form of Digital Distribution, no messing with keys, fast downloads, accepts PayPal, Streamlined and easy to use, the most reliable of all IMO and can install the game as many times as you want on all of your PCs.

~HappyGaming

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 09:18 

That is subjective. Steam for me is slow(unless I tweak with some files manually which shouldn't be the case) and their catalogue of games is not as extensive(for me it shows 279 games,gamersgate has 439),pricing on some games is ridicualous,but then again that could be said for every digital distribution store.

In the end I guess it's about personal taste,but I guess we'd all agree that putting this (hopefully very) awesome game in only one distribution site doesn't make sense. So if possible,talk to your publisher and convince them that using many distribution sites means more money(as if they don't know that already,lol).:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008, 07:50 

28 Apr 2008, 19:24

Checking in....

.....any updates?

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 09:03 

21 Aug 2008, 08:56

please for the sakes of people who only use steam to play half life (that being pretty much 80% of it's users) release this game in retail also

i don't like the fact i need an internet connection to play games that don't use it in the actual gameplay

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 09:08 

hardcopys shows that you care about the fans

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 12:02 
Старый Добрый Эль

Of course, there'll be a normal release too. :) Don't you worry. )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2008, 16:34 

thank you, also i'd like to know where your selling the game, amazon, gamespot etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2008, 21:07 
Старый Добрый Эль

We don't know yet, sorry. :)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 05:23 

Well it's around fall now and still no sight of the game, you going for an october release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 09:38 

21 May 2008, 16:59

I'm guessing next year

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 22:20 

23 Jun 2008, 13:01

Quote:
I want this game so bad...hopefully its worth the wait!
It'll be worth waiting, I've played the russian version, it was the most unusual and beautiful game, and there's much more interesting stuff that is not shown in trailers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 00:47 

17 Sep 2008, 00:43

Just popping in to say that I hope everything goes well and it's released soon

I can't wait for this game. I'm playing Pathologic right now, and it's a very strange yet great experience.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 14:27 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

One question though, about tension in general; is there much dialogue in it? Because what I wished after playing pathologic was another "social relations simulator", only with better gameplay since it wouldn't be a prototype, but so far I haven't seen any dialogue in tension at all! (from trailers)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 14:47 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

There is speech in Tension, but it's in the form of monologues from the other characters (The player character is mute, so cannot say anything himself). There is quite a lot of text, though maybe only 10-15% of the amount that was in Pathologic. However, every line is voice-acted, this time around.

To orator: Glad you're enjoying Pathologic and welcome to the forums!

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 13:30 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

There isn't that much text in Tension (as in excessive monologues), I would sisters would have on average 3 or 4 paragrahps of spoken text per questions, and the brothers tend to speak a bit more.

All in all enough to keep you engrosed in the game. I just hope they would keep the russian voices in the english version, since the original voices always add more feeling to the conversation, although I know that isn't going to happen :(

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 00:39 

25 Feb 2007, 00:40

Don't worry, the English texts are as artistic as the Russian ones and the mantras are as close to the Russian variant as possible both in style and atmosphere, and I bet the voice acting will be descent. Just brace yourselves and be patient.
No use to cry quarter!

If you do not describe your attack in a gloriously cinematic fashion, the difficulty increases one step. (c)

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 00:44 
Старый Добрый Эль

Quote:
Don't worry, the English texts are as artistic as the Russian ones and the mantras are as close to the Russian variant as possible both in style and atmosphere, and I bet the voice acting will be descent. Just brace yourselves and be patient.
True — the mantras are very good, as well as all the other texts.

If you all only knew, what we had to go through to get the translation done right. :)

---- Alexander Pope

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable