[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Pathologic game.exe crashing win 7 64bit FIX
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:38
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 21:05 

02 Apr 2013, 20:39

Hi guys/girls I know this is not built to run in widows 7, and I am running 64bit version with nividia 550 ti latest drivers. quad core pentium, 8 gb ram

But try as I may I cant get it to run, I have tried codecs, removed all codecs even windows media player, installed vlc or klite of ace etc and plenty more together and seperate, to no avail, I have installed openAl but it was already installed still no joy turned sound off default config tried the widescreen mod and 3dAnaylze with various settings!!! All I get is game.exe crashes no intro or sound nothing. even tried a cracked exe but still the same.

I have over 600 games on my system from steam /gog/ gamersgate i have everyone of them working one way or another, but this one I cant . I bought it on gog and gamersgate in case there was a difference and one would run but that didn't work either.

Any ideas, thanks in advance

Here`s hoping

chris

ps end of the log file

Tue Apr 02 15:51:06 2013: Init: User interface was created successfully
Tue Apr 02 15:51:07 2013: Renderer: Can't create RAW texture with dimensions 4294967295 x 4294967295 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
Tue Apr 02 15:51:07 2013: Renderer: Can't lock texture 4294967295 (out of bounds)

Last edited by crickard33 on 12 Apr 2013, 09:38, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 12:25 

02 Apr 2013, 13:38

have you tried setting the configs and screen resolution to lowest settings. i run screen resolution on 600X800

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 15:53 

14 Nov 2012, 13:04

Hello,
your problem has apparently been already discussed in certain threads here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3615&p=29539
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3646&p=29459
(it's not always the first post)
It appears that you have to install Windows Media Player 10 to make it work. For more reference, there are also Russian threads where somebody brought the problem up:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4070&p=67728
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=679&p=11658
Hope that helps you.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 20:12 

Hi thanks for quick reply,
yes have tried lowest settings, turned everything off in config no go,
I have 64bit windows and media 10 does not have a 64bit version, I have tried to install media 9 ,10,11 even 11 64bit with vista compatibility wont complete I get an error unable to complete.

I have removed windows media 12 which is part of window 7 as other media players wont install over a newer version, and at present have vlc player and its codecs only.

So if windows media 10 is a solution I need a way of installing it on a 64 bit system which I don't think there is !!!

thanks again

chris

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 09:18 

03 Oct 2009, 19:00

You ought to be able to install an x86 version of Media Player even on a x64 system. If you have no luck installing with Vista compatibility then give XP SP2 compatibility a try.

This might be helpful also :) http://tinyurl.com/c3xjxz3

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 02:08 

Hi thanks for the help, i have tried everything even the thread to install wm10 you suggested , I have followed to the letter the method in the thread but it still wont work!! I have even tried a resource hacker method it will install but wm10 still wont run and pathologic the same.

If I rename the video folder the game exe will not crash but you are just left with a black screen, So it
must be a codec issue, and i am still unable to view them in widows media but can in vlc,kmplayer.

For now I will admit defeat , but thanks again for all your help

chris

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 17:51 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Just one think: you can try to install K-Lite Codec Pack http://www.dobreprogramy.pl/KLite-Codec ... 13137.html - click big "Pobierz" button.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 19:59 

Hi thanks again, yes i have tried all the codec packs,klite,ace,shark win 7 and many more but no go, I have removed window media 12 and tried to install wma10 as this is supposed to make the game work, but for some reason windows media wont install properly, and i have used various methods to try to install by extracting the files from the
exe and running the inf files to install and even using the resource hacking tool.

thanks again

chris

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 22:09 

14 Nov 2012, 13:04

Quote:
If I rename the video folder the game exe will not crash but you are just left with a black screen, So it
must be a codec issue, and i am still unable to view them in widows media but can in vlc,kmplayer. chris
Reading this, I got an idea. I don't have Pathologic installed right now, but as you said the videos are in separate folder and it seems that the problem lies there. What I suggest is replacing the video files with "blank" files (by creating same number of empty notepad documents and renaming them as the video files, extensions included). The game should read them as empty videos which don't need codecs and load itself so you can play it. In case this works, the obvious downside is that you won't be able to see any pre-rendered movies ingame.

I know it's a long shot and annoying work to create the blanks but I hate giving up on such matters :wink: .

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2013, 11:10 

Hi again , i have tried that for the first few files that have a prefix "intro" and still no go i have substituted wmv files that
work in other games but no go.

I have scanned one of my hard drives for wmv files ,now if i click on the preview pane to the right in the same window they will all play, if i right click and
select play in windows media player the normal error of does not have the right codec happens, this applies to all of them that i have checked , but if i
run the individual games the video`s play ?

I had a problem with two worlds it just skipped the intros now after all the playing with codecs they now play but still not in media player but
will in the preview .

I have klite installed at the moment which uses merit direct show filter which cures the two worlds no intro problem but not pathologic, if i select lav splitter it two worlds stops but pathalogic videos still wont work on either setting !!!

chris

p.s i hate giving up too!!!!!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2013, 22:58 

15 Oct 2010, 18:52

I had same problem on win XP. Game crashed when I press start game because it couldn't play a intro movie (but there was no problem to view them outside the game because i had klite codec pack).
And it seems that problem was in broken wmv codec. So because I couldn't find a single codec for wmv, I deinstall klite and download and install latest windows media player for XP from microsoft site. After that the problem was resolved.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2013, 09:33 

Ok got a fix finally,for win 7 64bit with windows media 12

install klite code pack

In klite select the codec tweak tool then select direct show filters configuration, select lav video decoder, select formats and the highlight wmv12 and click apply.

Then it works!!! well it does for me ,

Many thanks for all your help

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013, 09:28 

02 Jul 2013, 09:19

have you tried setting the configs and screen resolution to lowest settings. i

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable