[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • A place for Pathologic
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:43
 Post subject: A place for Pathologic
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 09:38 

04 Sep 2013, 08:50

I just went through what I believe 90% of the non-russian (rest of the world) must have had gone through. The faulty translation of Pathologic that forces the decision to skip this game. Which led me to stumble upon "Butchering Pathologic" by the website Rock, Paper, Shotgun. After reading it up to Part 2 of the 3-parts article. I realize this is an innovation in gaming that deserves to be preserved properly.

While it is just a matter of time until someone explores the potential of gaming the way Pathologic did and many others to follow, Pathologic should be given the chance to have it's place in the memory of those who discovered it in it's true potential. It should be "the grandfather of whatever-new-genre-they-coined", not simply "the Russian game with bad translation" everyone was curious about.

It saddens me that Ice-Pick Lodge fails to respect their own masterpiece and a milestone in the history of computer simulation program (game) simply by not providing a proper translation. This is 2013, not 1998. There are hundreds of english-speaking russian who would be able to translate this game properly without much effort given the opportunity and proper payment.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 19:22 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

There was a retranslation project on this forum, but, unfortunately, it failed.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable