[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Problems with crashing on DualCore CPU's solved.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:55
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006, 08:32 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

If you are experiencing problems with running the game on a multicore CPU, such as AMD Athlon X2, or Intel Conroe, you should first of follow this easy step-by-step guide:

1) Firstly, you need to download the RunFirst utility: http://pathologic-game.com/forum_eng/vi ... 1&start=10

2) Now place the EXE into the game folder, and run it with a parameter equal to your game.exe. For example:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Buka\Pathologic\bin\Final\RunFirst.exe" "C:\Program Files\Buka\Pathologic\bin\Final\Game.exe"
3) Create a link, that runs Pathologic through RunFirst - you just need to paste the string higher into the properties. You can also change the icon to the original one, by selecting game.exe and choosing the first icon.

Finished. )

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006, 22:06 

22 Aug 2006, 00:57

Runfirst has not solved my crashing problem :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2006, 09:33 
Старый Добрый Эль

Working on it.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2006, 12:21 

26 Nov 2006, 12:07

Don't know whether it helps (or has already been tried), but in the past I've used a bat file containing:
Code:
imagecfg -u <program>.exe
imagecfg -a 0x1 <program>.exe
pause 
This ought to set the program to single-core affinity. It also only needs to be run once to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2006, 15:15 
Старый Добрый Эль

That helped a lot - I've tested it out on my own dual-core system and it worked perfectly. thanks for your tip!

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 21:53 

21 Jul 2005, 22:46

I have other method of the decision of this problem. The Runfirst had not solve my crashing problem too, and i try another way. The Runfirst transfers process to one core, lets transfers process manually. Start game, push Ctrl+Alt+Del and rightclick on game.exe, in menu leftclick on *set conformity* and cleane one tick. Сome back to the game and enjoy!!!
It is help my, but i` m not assured that it is safe)))

P.S. I`m from Russia, and have many problem with english)) i ask The LxR help my))

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 03:09 

04 Feb 2009, 02:49

it wont even let me change it to "C:\Program Files\Buka\Pathologic\bin\Final\RunFirst.exe"

And I don't even understand what the rest of you are trying to tell me.

Post subject: Nice
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012, 14:23 

25 Sep 2012, 14:11

Greetings from Mexico. So, I have just started playing this game and I have found it so amazing that, despite MASSIVE stuttering every so often and some other things, I have kept on playing non-stop, but still I would like to find a way to fix such issues, should it be possible. I shall now explain.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable