[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Pathologic (ambiguity) mod
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:36
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 05:15 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

Hello,

Features:
- Removes the upper right hand player status display
- Prevents infections which are at less than 25% from showing in the player status screen ("P" key)
- Removes the midnight success/failure notification
- Makes the player location arrow on the map partly transparent

Also included as a bonus in the *.zip are some alternative textures, including a properly translated tombstone provided by Halfgild Wynac.

Note:
- Back up your saved games before using

Download:
http://web.ncf.ca/ee555/oddmods/Pathologic_mods.zip

Last edited by Avimimus on 14 Jul 2010, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 10:25 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Wow! A first mod! Going to try this out in the evening!
Thanks for your hard work. :)

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2008, 07:12 

Thank you.

To produce those relatively subtle changes I had to use three different techniques. It was only possible due to a few interesting quirks of the engine. If I could, I would do more. Unfortunately, without some of the development tools (hint :wink: hint :wink: ) this is likely to be the limit of what is possible.

Anyway, if it isn't possible (to get permission to use any of the tools) I can wait for Tension/Turgor to be released. But, I still think there are a bunch of neat possibilities for very minor changes in this very magnificent universe (eg. introducing more visual variety among generic NPCs).

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 01:51 

Hello everyone,

I've been away for some time but, in a week or two I intend to upload a few of the alternative textures I started experimenting with. Much of my "recreational time" is currently taken up with research for the Lost World Returns project. So, while I still plan to finish an annotated in game map - it will likely have to wait for the winter holidays.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 10:56 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I've been away for some time but, in a week or two I intend to upload a few of the alternative textures I started experimenting with. Much of my "recreational time" is currently taken up with research for the Lost World Returns project. So, while I still plan to finish an annotated in game map - it will likely have to wait for the winter holidays.
Welcome back!

Nice to hear that you're doing stuff for Pathologic. :) As far as I remember, Halfgild Wynca was also making a texture pack for the characters awhile back. Maybe you'll release it now?

---- Alexander Pope

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 04:07 

04 Feb 2009, 02:49

how 'bout a mod that fixes the grammatical errors in the game?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 12:34 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

Well, there is fan translation project going (you may look at the forum just below this one in the list), but the amount of work is BIG. I'm afraid it won't be there anytime soon.
And, yes - though it's not really that difficult to correct grammar, at least for the native speaker, the translation still would be awkward (while gramatically correct). Especially when it comes to the third character.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 01:36 

04 Feb 2009, 02:49

would it be reasonable to expect it's release before the end of 2009?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 14:07 

29 Aug 2004, 16:52

It would be much better if you asked those who work on this project. I don't know the details, unfortunately. However, the game has more than a thousand pages of text, so... well, I am sure, the corrected translation is not going to be finished.. tomorrow, for example. Or next week.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 22:51 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Welcome back!

Nice to hear that you're doing stuff for Pathologic. :) As far as I remember, Halfgild Wynca was also making a texture pack for the characters awhile back. Maybe you'll release it now?
Thanks. It took a bit longer than expected as I'm busy with other projects (it took me several months to get around to the readme files...) :roll:

The textures include Halfgild's translated tombstone - but his tweaked face textures aren't in this version. Neither is the annotated in-game map I was working on. But it is good to be back.

I'd also experimented with visibility ranges for some of the AI - but Pathologic is already very polished. The only improvements I could think of would be to expand the campaign with side-plot lines (eg. playing as an Odong). But I don't have the tools ;)

How are things here?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2010, 02:18 

25 Nov 2009, 02:31

Quote:
(eg. playing as an Odong)
NO! How did I miss this post?!

If only IPL weren't so busy *sob, sob*

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2011, 19:44 

04 Jan 2011, 17:44

Hello!
I already made another post regarding where to buy this game online... i can't see the translation related threads though, if I just go ahead and buy whatever online version I could find, would it be possible to add the translation afterwards, changing the language as a mod of sorts??
Thanks!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable