[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Various questions (spoilers)
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:57
PostPosted: 27 May 2012, 20:08 

27 May 2012, 19:52

Hello there!

I have just finished the game as the bachelor. The whole experience was... I don't really know. I can't even begin to describe it.

Sadly, I have many questions about the plot. Not about its interpretation, but about the plot itself. The horrendous translation along with the fact that english is not my native language created HUGE problems in understanding the setting, the town, the characters, the plot, the quests (in sort, everything). I had to check articles, walkthroughs and this forum just to finish the game in about a month :P. So here goes:

1. I've missed out the details of Anna's past. I know she's a criminal and she had something to do with a caravan and the death of some children.

2. Isidor died because of the disease, right?

3. What the f--k was the deal with Simon? Did he die from the disease? Did he want to occupy the cathedral with his soul? Entering the inner chamber meant leaving your body and entering some sort of spiritual plane? If so, why the fuss from the Kains? Was it only a distraction?

4. Who was aware of the authorities in the end? Was Aglaja one of those?

More to follow... I hope you guys will help me!

PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 00:09 

02 May 2010, 12:40

Yes, Simon died from the disease. I wasn't completely sure about it either, because I wasn't used to the whole...weirdness on Day 1, but it's stated pretty clearly in the theatre play that "the killer is the sand plague", as far as I remember. You do go to the theatre every night, right? ;)

All of your other questions are answered in the other two scenarios. The game is designed in such a way that you don't get the complete perspective if you don't play all the characters. If you want to play them, I won't give spoilers now. (The best way to do it is Haruspicus and then Devotress, btw.)

PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 04:21 

Quote:
Yes, Simon died from the disease. I wasn't completely sure about it either, because I wasn't used to the whole...weirdness on Day 1, but it's stated pretty clearly in the theatre play that "the killer is the sand plague", as far as I remember. You do go to the theatre every night, right? ;)

All of your other questions are answered in the other two scenarios. The game is designed in such a way that you don't get the complete perspective if you don't play all the characters. If you want to play them, I won't give spoilers now. (The best way to do it is Haruspicus and then Devotress, btw.)
Yeah I did check the theater but I wasn't paying a lot of attention. According to the dialogue they described the events of the next day. Also, what's the deal with Mark? He is a puzzle to me. He seems totally indifferent with the whole situation, yet somehow incredibly aware of the nature of the events.

I was hoping to avoid playing the game again. First and foremost I have some tough exams ahead (the game's big, really big and distracting), but also because Pathologic isn't exactly fun. I am tempted to use the flying cheat. Having said that, I loved it...

Btw thx for the quick reply! I'd love to exchange thoughts about the game with all you guys here.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 11:42 

02 May 2010, 12:40

It's really worth re-playing, because all characters have different quests and gameplay. One of the things I like most about Pathologic is how it takes the same objective events and characters and makes them look *completely* different from another PC's perspective. I've never played something like this before, so it's worth going through the "torture" again, especially since you seem to have enjoyed the story. If you really decide not to, I'll answer the questions in my next post... but that would make me sad :( Btw, the one about Isidor is a big spoiler.

I don't think Mark is ever explained, unfortunately. He is just as you described him: all-knowing, never involved. One of the PCs actually calls him out on the fact that his theatre plays show what happens in the town, even before it happens :) He's also one of the few adherents who never get sick, so he really is immortal, as far as I know. One of Pathologic's unsolved mysteries. (If I missed anything, someone please let me know!)

I'm always happy to see people willing to talk about Pathologic, so bring it on! I actually played it almost two years ago and I'm still not over it. It's crazy.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 18:19 

Ok I'll stick to the questions whose answers lie in the bachelor scenario for the time being. I might give the other two a shot. Why not, I really like the Haruspicus character :)

PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 20:46 

10 Mar 2012, 10:14

To SolidSNK:

Maybe you are right or maybe you are wrong. This game is a kind of detective story and it is not so easy with it as one might think at first sight. Try to think it all over yourself and make your own conclusions. That is the essence. Playing for two other personages may help you to understand things better. May be you’ll find an answer that nobody have found so far, because no one can be sure of having the right point of view.

Nothing forced me to play this game against my will, so I took some rests in the process of playing for several month or even a year, for the game play is really difficult, but then returned to it because I was interested what happened next. I take this game not as a mere game, but rather as a book, a novel, which one can play on a computer.

PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 04:17 

Yeah that's what i'm gonna do, take a good long break first. For the past few days I haven't stopped thinking about the game, so my prediction is that the hunger (prominent in the game itself) will still be there.

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 08:39 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Quote:
1. I've missed out the details of Anna's past. I know she's a criminal and she had something to do with a caravan and the death of some children.
You can know full Anna's story by playing Devotress. (And also her hause...)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable