[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Moving around
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:18
 Post subject: Moving around
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 21:43 

15 Jun 2008, 21:40

Is there a faster way of moving from one point to another? I see on my map that I have to travel a fair distance and navigate as well. Once I have been somewhere, there should be a way to get there again without having to "walk" all the way. Is there such a method?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 21:48 
Старый Добрый Эль

03 Apr 2005, 20:32

Sorry, no other method. But you can walk sqaure root of 2 times faster if you move diagonally - e.i. hold forward and right at the same time.

---- Alexander Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 22:03 

18 Nov 2007, 17:44

There is one -using the game console- right? :lol:

The map in Pathologic is actually rather brilliantly done. It is rare that one can go directly from any point to any other point. So this means that it takes slightly more time to get from one location to another. There is an upside:
There are normally two or three routes you can take between any two points that are about equally fast. This means that it is actually far less tedious to walk than almost all other games are.

I use this time walking for brooding over the plot line, speculating about the future and basking in the atmosphere of the town streets. The layout of the town varies and there are a lot of interesting vistas if you are enjoying the art as you go. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 11:23 

08 Jun 2007, 02:51

Don't forget enjoying to run away from the occasional cut-throat!

Post subject: Re: Moving around
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009, 09:30 

14 Feb 2009, 02:51

Unless they throw a knife in your face - in that case, enjoy the game over FMV.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009, 07:03 

07 Oct 2008, 04:44

Quote:
Sorry, no other method. But you can walk sqaure root of 2 times faster if you move diagonally - e.i. hold forward and right at the same time.
Argh, I do that all the time. It feels strange, but the hourly chimes send shivers down my spine.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable