[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Introduce yourself. - Page 5
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:02
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself.
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 10:05 

12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Quote:
I'm also from Poland. My grand-grandfather was Benedict Dybowski. He was exiled to Siberia as one of the leaders of 1863 rebellion! (Alas, Polans was a part of Russian Imperium then)... So instead of hanging, he was exiled - with Cherski and Chekanowski...
Wow... Knowing family roots so well... Respect! So can you speak/write something in Polish?

That's your grand-grandfather http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedykt_Dybowski?
Quote:
Our family is a family of rebels. ) That's why my 10-year-old son hates Putin...

Benedict brought my grandmother to life being a 70-years old man :!:
Hope I will have such a condition when I reach this age ;)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 14:37 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

Yes. Benedict is my grand-grandfather.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 00:13 

05 Sep 2012, 23:37

Hello, I am but another Void dweller that stood awestruck in its colorful bleakness.

So I figured I would come to say hi.

Hi. :)

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 01:39 
Сэнсэй

19 Aug 2004, 17:29

Hi, friend! )

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 01:45 

18 Oct 2012, 23:15

ahoy.
i'm a level 25 crazy person from amurica, but don't hold that against me. i do so enough as it is already.

when i was little my parents instilled the rhetoric of "you can be anything you want when you grow up".
when my father asked me what i wanted to be: the first thing that popped into my head was Q from star trek.
but seeing as that didn't seem appropriate i instead said "game designer".

favorite written works:
a shadow out of time - lovecraft
the dark tower - king

i'm not big into movies; the medium doesn't really do it for me.
i like the cohen brothers, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and a few others.
a few animes here and there.

as far as music goes; i've been listening to a lot of these guys lately:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGYkVcxKobY
lots of meat in their lyrics.

because they're too unreal to not bring up while on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFSupNT7rA
self-control will never be so tested as driving with these guys blasting.

Solstafir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8inqYAESo
Ohgr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqMWcBTBvr0
and Disillusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwW75MOe86o
are also worth mentioning.
i could go on for ages.

gamings:
arcanum, deus ex, quake 3, trackmania united, worms, minecraft, lots and lots of games.
though to be honest: the western gaming industry has attracted much ire from me as it's popularity exploded.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 05:18 

27 Jan 2013, 03:30

24 year-old Mexican that's been gaming since 1993.

I don't have a particular preference in genres when it comes to gaming. I do tend to avoid Fighting games and tend to perform poorly in Shooters and Shoot-'Em-Ups / Bullet Hell type games, however, but I still play and purchase them on occasion.

I speak English better than I do Spanish, and yet excel at neither (though opinions vary on my proficiency). I want to make games, but keep abandoning my projects or adding elements indefinitely to them.

Currently playing The Void and being curious about some of its ins-and-outs.

That's pretty much all of note about me at the moment.

PostPosted: 31 May 2013, 15:45 

21 Apr 2013, 10:20

A 34-year old snowboard instructor from New Zealand... Been playing pc games since msx with standard audio tape drive and my first game was secret treasure of moai i.e. an old bugger...

Am fascinated with the idea of games as an art form...

Wish you guys success and can't wait to play Knock Knock! Also wants to go to Russia for skiing at some stage, heard there are some fantastic ski resorts there! Got a couple of Russian friends, very nice people :-)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 08:50 

23 Sep 2013, 08:18

Hello,
I am 22 and live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have been gaming since I could walk and decided about a year ago that I wanted to be a game developer for a living.

I have a strong liking to horror and gloomy portrayals in media in most forms; games, movies, literature, anime, and music. I love horror movies (both good and bad), literature by HP Lovecraft and Stephen King, and a variety of music including game soundtracks (such as The Void). Hobbies include gaming & game development, tech/computers, and cigars.

With game development I have learned a lot over the past year, such as many tools used in development, the game making process (from a short game I made) and analyzing games to fine details to try and learn how they did it and to understand why it was a good or bad decision in the final product. I search everyday and apply for positions, so far only one interview with a local company but it gave me some experience for future interviews and they even gave me advice on further pursuing my passion.

I also find insperation from Ice-Pick lodge's games (specificlly The Void and Pathologic) for taking a non-standard approach on game design and tapping further into what we can do with video games and what they can become.

Currently I am making a courier for Dota 2 and after plan on doing another project for my portfolio.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 00:14 

08 Jun 2014, 23:57

'Ello 'ello 'ello! Despite the heavily English Intro, I'm a Saskatchewan (It's in Canada) Stubble-Jumper, myself. I've been a fan of IPL and it's work for a while, starting with the void, and then branching out into Pathologic and getting really excited for Knock Knock. I've finally decided to join the forum.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014, 09:43 

07 Jul 2014, 10:14

Ello everyone. My name is Aeryck, I live in Milton Freewater, Oregon (United States). I don't really have a specific fancy in music, as long it isn't really hard kind of music (Some metal bands and some rock bands). I tend to watch anime, but that is only when I have the fancy for it, on the other hand I do tend to play games for around 50-75% of the day. So far the only game I've recently played from IPL is The Void. I am looking forward to playing the other games (I already have Cargo!, but none of the others). The games I tend to play also vary of how I'm feeling. If I feel like I want to get jumped a bit, I'll play a horror games. If I just want to kill things, you bet it, an action game. I am also 16 years of age. The books I tend to read also vary, but lately I've been reading the Dexter series, on Book 4/8

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable