[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ice-Pick Lodge forums • Other Russian Games - Page 3
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 01:42
 Post subject: Re: Other Russian Games
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 02:06 

20 Jan 2007, 19:47

Ah, well, you can't blame me and eat my skin if your Windows installation is at fault (hopefully)!

AHO's mod is fine. He actually used my mod as the basis for it. He translated it to German, but he also upgraded a lot of textures and sounds and made other tweaks. Personally, I like some of his changes but not all of them (e.g. I much prefer the soundtrack I chose - and the ability to play in English, of course :) )

Don't even consider playing the game without one of these mods, or it'll suck!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 20:40 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

Sweet, I fixed my PC (is was the virtual memory settings that were causing the problem). Ok, this game is HARD. By the time I reached the second level, I was being swarmed with enemies. The graphical style kinda reminds me of Alpha Prime. It's no YaE but it's pretty entertaining

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 02:55 

You can change the difficulty setting :) Also, it gets a lot easier once you pick up the auto-cannon (which happens on level 3, I think).

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 03:10 

12 Jul 2008, 18:03

I've just bought a bunch of est-european games (they're pretty interesting and also very cheap, which is an important thing): Psychotoxic, Hellforces, Faces of War, El Matador, Cops 2170, Boiling Point, Operation Matriarchy, Vivisector, The Stalin Subway and TSS 2: Red Veil.
I already have the two icepick games, of course, and Stalker (the first one), Cryostasis (just beautiful), Necrovision, Gorky 17, all Cossacks, American Conquest+exp, all games from Haemimont (great strategy games from Bulgaria), some Blitzkrieg and Blitzkrieg-like games (Blitzkrieg, Blitzkrieg 2, Stalingrad and Cuban Crisis/The Day After), Worldshift (from Crytek Black Sea), March! Offworld Recon, Midnight Nowhere, Painkiller + exp, Ubersoldier (I can't find the sequel anywhere :( ), some Stormregion games (S.W.I.N.E, Codename Panzers Phase one/two, Rush for Berlin+Rush for the Bomb), Heroes of Annihilated Empires (chapter one... I think it's also the only one made...) and Chrome. In the near future I'll take Hard Truck: Apocalypse, King's Bounty: Armored Princess and Call of Juarez. I'm also trying to find a cheap retail copy of Hard to be a God.
I'm missing something important? I really can't find Vangers anywhere (I buy online but only retail copies, If I can I prefer to not use DD, I love boxed games) and Perimeter seems so meh... Maybe some good "pirate game" from Akella o some FPS from City Interactive.
I'm really interested in videogames production in C.S.I. area, a lot of great designers here!
There is also a place where I can buy You're Empty (it seems just great) boxed in Europe? Amazon.com doesn't send games from their marketplace outside US... And what about good Russian/est european webshops for games? It'll be great to have also some original editions :)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 12:02 
In Turgor!

01 Sep 2008, 06:09

Psychotoxic is a german game, hardly eastern :P

If you like Cops 2170, be sure to get Paradise Cracked, an earlier game from Mistland, the same dev as Cops.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 16:33 

Quote:
Psychotoxic is a german game, hardly eastern :P

If you like Cops 2170, be sure to get Paradise Cracked, an earlier game from Mistland, the same dev as Cops.
Ah, you're right, I was wrong. XD
I'll try Cops first, it seems promising.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 22:35 

04 Feb 2009, 17:38

You can buy the Polish version of You Are EMPTY here:

http://www.3kropki.pl/p/5/2/you_are_empty.php

It's where I bought mine, comes with a bonus soundtrack CD :D and yeah, the game's pretty awesome

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 01:37 

@DerBlutsauger:
Surely you could get some games from ebay.com? - Quite a few sellers ship worldwide.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 04:44 

Quote:
You can buy the Polish version of You Are EMPTY here:

http://www.3kropki.pl/p/5/2/you_are_empty.php

It's where I bought mine, comes with a bonus soundtrack CD :D and yeah, the game's pretty awesome
With some Google Traslator I managed to buy it :lol:
Thank you very much, I really want to play it, I really like the atmosphere.

However... The prices in Poland are really good, it's time to buy some polish games :lol: The english patch for the original Tension is only for the Russian edition?
Quote:
@DerBlutsauger:
Surely you could get some games from ebay.com? - Quite a few sellers ship worldwide.
You're right, but the postage rates are usually very high and I want to avoid customs if I can, so I prefer to buy from european sellers :)

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 18:02 

I've received all the games :)
Someone who has an english edition of Vivisector and You're Empty can send me the language files?
I searched in the game directories and I think that a zip of DATA/Scripts and DATA/Textures/Interface/Text for the first and of gameres/scripts and gameres/textures/Zapiski (where I found some polish textures, it's only 30mb) can be enough (at least to understand the game menus, obiouvsly more is better... :lol: )...
If someone can help me I'll appreciate a lot :)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 00:23 

I have the English versions of both games :) I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll send you the files later today, or tomorrow at the latest.

[EDIT: DerBlutsauger, check your messages :) ]

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 17:19 

Thank you very much :) I'll try this evening :)

Edit: It works :) Two great games, expecially Vivisector... :lol:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable